2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:22:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 9142 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2022, 06:30:08 PM »

Soon. I'm dealing with some things at hme.

Take your time as much as needed. I hope that everything will work itself out.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2022, 05:40:50 PM »

NYE, maybe we should wait a bit to see everyone cool down first and see if GoTfan would really like to step away as GM.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2022, 05:44:32 PM »

NYE, maybe we should wait a bit to see everyone cool down first and see if GoTfan would really like to step away as GM.

I got a PM from him saying as much, but if he wishes to stay on after all, it goes without saying that I'd prefer that. I did suck at the job.

FWIW, assuming that you do become GM again, I think we should have someone who's not a current player helping with the primary writeups. This isn't meant as a slight towards Ashton but just an acknowledgement on unconscious biases and whatnot.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2022, 05:48:40 PM »

I got a PM from him saying as much, but if he wishes to stay on after all, it goes without saying that I'd prefer that. I did suck at the job.

FWIW, assuming that you do become GM again, I think we should have someone who's not a current player helping with the primary writeups. This isn't meant as a slight towards Ashton but just an acknowledgement on unconscious biases and whatnot.

Given the deal is that I'm supposed to be PM'ing him everything at the end of a turn and then he writes it up based on that, I'm not sure what the problem is.

I'm willing to ask Lumine instead, but he's already got a ton on his plate, and I don't want to add to it.

Ah, understood. I feel more comfortable with that setup, yeah. We shouldn't bug someone like Lumine as I know his current game is incredibly time-consuming as-is.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2022, 05:51:54 PM »

Anyway: I motion that we all patiently wait at least a day or two for GoTfan to collect his final thoughts on being GM.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2022, 09:34:13 AM »

So are we doing the NV caucus then? And going to the next turn?

He already mentioned he'll get back to where we were at. Let's not run the risk of getting pushy again. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2022, 01:21:53 AM »

Would it be possible to get one or two additional days here?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2022, 08:32:46 AM »

Would it be possible to get one or two additional days here?

I can give half a day and not much more than that. This turn has already gone on for a while.

As long as I can wrap things up today in the late evening/early morning my time, that's good with me.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2022, 02:44:06 PM »

I personally believe Trump should be declared withdrawn due to inactivity.

McMahon as the presumptive nominee sure would make this a memorable TL lol. Of course, other Republicans may jump in later anyway.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2022, 02:52:18 PM »

I personally believe Trump should be declared withdrawn due to inactivity.

McMahon as the presumptive nominee sure would make this a memorable TL lol. Of course, other Republicans may jump in later anyway.

McMahon as the nominee would actually just make the GE a cakewalk for the Democratic nominee...so the GE would actually be a lot less interesting. And even the primaries would be less exciting on the GOP side, since as the presumptive nominee, McMahon wouldn't campaign as much. If we want an exciting/memorable TL - the best solution is as things currently appear: a decent performance and active campaign by McMahon in the GOP primary to keep things exciting there (the Democratic primary is already very exciting IMO), but to have Trump (or somebody else, IDK, might be too late for that now) in the GE so the GE is legitimately reasonably competitive too.

There's also always the possibility of a strong independent/third party run to spice up the GE even with McMahon.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2022, 10:19:04 AM »

Should we expect the State of the Race post to come soon after polls or a bit later in the turn?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2022, 02:54:25 AM »

I'll echo CentristRepublican and ask for a formal extension on this turn, until at least Tuesday or Wednesday evening. This weekend did not allow me nearly as much time to work on the game as I initially expected due to family matters.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2022, 03:10:48 AM »

Personally, I like maintaining the proportional system. While it admittedly benefits a candidate like mine, it's also what Democrats use in reality and it would entice competition for longer. Not going to cry if it switches to winner-take-all, though.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2022, 06:42:14 AM »

Hell, I'll vote for CR's proposal after all. Why not lol.

I should be able to knock out my posts for this turn tonight.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2022, 06:23:01 PM »

Er, no. You just send a list of endorsements you're requesting and GoTfan reviews them for which ones he'll grant that turn.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2022, 06:56:31 PM »

Still planning to get posts in on my end, eventually. I'd expect them soon.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies