2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:33:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8610 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2022, 01:36:11 AM »

This game needed a strong Harris player... *sigh* there's always next time.

You want to join in as Harris, I’m pretty sure it’s still not too late, you know.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2022, 01:56:50 AM »

Let me just say that Adams and McMahon have made this game infinitely more fun, entertaining and eventful. Thanks Spiral (a very worthy competitor) and Pink Panther for breathing life into this game and making it so much more fun to play.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2022, 02:08:31 AM »

ADAMS: Well, I commend Governor Cooper for making his current position clear and standing with me against open borders. That's good. Here's where I'll raise an issue, though: The Governor just said he welcomes refugees as part of his immigration policy. Tell that to the Syrian refugees you were in favor of keeping out, Roy. He sided with the Republicans back in 2015 and 2016 and supported a wholesale pause on Syrians being accepted, even after all that many went through.

I know the Governor will respond with something about national security and verifying who's coming in. I completely agree, which goes back to my statements about keeping borders secure, but he went beyond that and made a political move against a whole group of people who were suffering and needed help. Progressives, don't be fooled by a man like Roy Cooper who's trying to win your vote by hiding his real record. This issue is personal to me. I've supported the Syrians, the Ukrainians, the Haitians, and all other refugees to settle to this great country and become part of us. This is what America has always been.

You did oppo research! (Don’t worry, so have I 😉.) Good on you - you’re playing very well, let me just say that.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2022, 12:09:27 AM »

Just for my future schedule's sake, what month's will this turn be covering?

Idk for sure but my guess is Oct and Nov 2023
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2022, 07:58:50 PM »

Just for my future schedule's sake, what month's will this turn be covering?

Idk for sure but my guess is Oct and Nov 2023

Correct.

Turn will be up in a few hours. Just need to finish writing a piece for the local paper.

Please schedule the Democrat debate for Nov 15 or later since I released my schedule for Oct 1 to Nov 14 and it doesn’t account for the debate. And if possible, please try to keep it out of SC and NH.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 12:46:21 AM »

I'll be responding to all PMs and throwing up the debate questions soon. Still working a few things out.

Suggestion for you (and thank you for lengthening the turns and scheduling the debate after the 14th): continue NYE’s practice of showing the polling of the first five primary states rather than the first two. It makes it easier for players/candidates to determine where to campaign and invest resources. Like I really want to know how the SC and LA primaries are looking now that Adams has entered the race.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »

Still watching this game from afar, and I've got to say, Spiral is playing magnificently so far.

This. I have a strong feeling he ultimately nabs the nomination if he continues going in the direction he’s going in.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2022, 06:47:18 PM »

I'm extending this turn by 48 hours.

I sent you the responses of my interview in ReidOut a while back. Are you going to post them in the gameplay thread or should I?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2022, 07:45:26 PM »

I'm extending this turn by 48 hours.

I sent you the responses of my interview in ReidOut a while back. Are you going to post them in the gameplay thread or should I?

I post the interviews with the start of the next turn, as I did the previous week.

Okay, sounds good.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2022, 03:52:52 PM »

Going to have Kathy Hochul drop out and endorse Eric Adams. Life is just too busy for me to be able to give this the time it needs any time soon.

!!

If Hochul is endorsing Adams he's basically won the primary and I may as well have Cooper drop out, too. I would implore you to reconsider and to keep Hochul from making an endorsement; that way the primary could remain competitive and the game could remain interesting/competitive (whereas, again, if you endorse Adams, I don't see any way for him to lose or for Cooper to win). I think it'd be much more interesting if Adams and I had to both try to win over Hochul supporters, rather than you just endorsing Adams and more or less handing him the nomination before a single primary. I mean, based on how well Spiral is running, he may well end up winning IA and NH even without your endorsement - but at least Cooper gets a good fighting chance and isn't DOA.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2022, 05:49:54 PM »

Going to have Kathy Hochul drop out and endorse Eric Adams. Life is just too busy for me to be able to give this the time it needs any time soon.

!!

If Hochul is endorsing Adams he's basically won the primary and I may as well have Cooper drop out, too. I would implore you to reconsider and to keep Hochul from making an endorsement; that way the primary could remain competitive and the game could remain interesting/competitive (whereas, again, if you endorse Adams, I don't see any way for him to lose or for Cooper to win). I think it'd be much more interesting if Adams and I had to both try to win over Hochul supporters, rather than you just endorsing Adams and more or less handing him the nomination before a single primary. I mean, based on how well Spiral is running, he may well end up winning IA and NH even without your endorsement - but at least Cooper gets a good fighting chance and isn't DOA.

I doubt that all of Hochul's supporters are uniformly transferring to Adams right away, especially with not a single vote being cast yet. The remaining candidates all have their unique strengths and weaknesses among the electorate that we'll have to work with. I see this primary as being a very competitive three-way for a while.

Fair enough but if she endorses Adams, Adams gets a major boost for sure. Given your trajectory in this game I'd say that would probably be enough to make you a clear favourite and put Cooper in a position where victory is very difficult - whereas right now, the game is still interesting and the race competitive, and at a place where I think all three of us (Harris, Adams, and Cooper) have decent shots at winning.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2022, 06:15:38 PM »

!!

I doubt that all of Hochul's supporters are uniformly transferring to Adams right away, especially with not a single vote being cast yet. The remaining candidates all have their unique strengths and weaknesses among the electorate that we'll have to work with. I see this primary as being a very competitive three-way for a while.

Fair enough but if she endorses Adams, Adams gets a major boost for sure. Given your trajectory in this game I'd say that would probably be enough to make you a clear favourite and put Cooper in a position where victory is very difficult - whereas right now, the game is still interesting and the race competitive, and at a place where I think all three of us (Harris, Adams, and Cooper) have decent shots at winning.

You didn't pay attention to what GoTfan said, did you?

If Hochul endorses Adams, it'd make most sense for a plurality of supporters to sooner or later drift into his camp. Frankly, it logically doesn't make sense that if Candidate A drops out and endorses Candidate B, Candidate A's supporters on the whole support Candidate C rather than Candidate B.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2022, 10:55:41 PM »

!!

You didn't pay attention to what GoTfan said, did you?

If Hochul endorses Adams, it'd make most sense for a plurality of supporters to sooner or later drift into his camp. Frankly, it logically doesn't make sense that if Candidate A drops out and endorses Candidate B, Candidate A's supporters on the whole support Candidate C rather than Candidate B.

GoTfan's the GM. And FYI, if I were still GM, I likely would have done the same thing. Being the incumbent VP has perks in a contested primary, especially with no clear Challenger in the progressive wing (though if GoTfan were still playing as Baldwin, she would have divided that support with Harris if I were still GM)

It's also down to the fact that Harris just has more name recognition.

Yeah, now I think about it, it’d make sense for a good number of Hochul’s supporters to also be females/feminists who want to see a woman elected to the White House. These people would naturally drift towards Harris after Hochul drops out because she’d be the only female candidate in the running.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2022, 04:36:07 PM »

Guys, I don't think we should be posting right now while we're waiting on the next turn. Tongue

All right, I'll stop my back-and-forth with Greg (the reason I'm even doing it is, and I suspect you realise this, it can't hurt with the Democratic base and makes Cooper seem like a liberal fighter without having to criticise any of the other candidates).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2022, 11:59:03 PM »

Turn is closed. Processing results now.

When do you think the next turn will be set up?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2022, 07:41:23 PM »

Polling will be going up in a few hours. My dog was attacked today so we have to take her in for an operation.

I hope that she will be okay in no time.

Same here.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2022, 03:06:33 PM »

Polls are up and turn isn't underway

Give people a little time, you can’t expect every one to post immediately after you set up the turn. They’ll probably post a bit later, when it’s more convenient for them. For me personally, I’m still not fully well and need to wait till then to use the device necessary to play (very difficult to do it on my phone), and I’m actually also waiting for the others to do something as well and deciding my own strategy.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2022, 01:09:16 AM »

Give people a little time, you can’t expect every one to post immediately after you set up the turn. They’ll probably post a bit later, when it’s more convenient for them. For me personally, I’m still not fully well and need to wait till then to use the device necessary to play (very difficult to do it on my phone), and I’m actually also waiting for the others to do something as well and deciding my own strategy.

I just spotted that this was a mistype from my phone . . . bloody autocorrect.

I can sympathize…I used to use a computer for my postings but now frequently have to resort to using my phone, including atm, and it too has an oftentimes irritating and overzealous auto correct.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2022, 03:53:05 PM »

I just spotted that this was a mistype from my phone . . . bloody autocorrect.

Could you post my interview with Reid which I sent you last turn? Thx.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2022, 07:19:35 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to probably need a few more days to put up everything else.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2022, 02:37:42 PM »

Trump Campaign Schedule

December 1-January 4: Appear once in every county in Iowa, with 3 appearances a day, and taking the day off for Christmas
January 5-January 25: Appear in each New Hampshire County twice
January 26: Take a day off
January 27: Hold a rally in Henderson, NV
January 28: Hold a rally in Summerlin, NV
January 29: Hold a rally in Las Vegas, NV and announce that his primary residence is now in the state of Nevada
January 30: Hold a rally in North Las Vegas, NV
January 31: Hold a rally in Reno, NV

LOL. Do you / does Trump think that just because FL swung rightward in 2020, wherever Trump moves, it'll help him politically there? Because if this happened IRL, it'd honestly be pathetic even by Trump's standards.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2022, 02:43:49 PM »

Trump Campaign Schedule

December 1-January 4: Appear once in every county in Iowa, with 3 appearances a day, and taking the day off for Christmas
January 29: Hold a rally in Las Vegas, NV and announce that his primary residence is now in the state of Nevada

Honest advice: That's not a good idea bc there is a lot of variability in the populations of IA's counties. Like you're going to visit Polk AND two other counties in a single day, but also give an entire day to three rural random counties in IA? Better to be more specific. Maybe for the rural counties you can do four a day and for the most urban counties, you can give each of them one day each? Bc this won't work. There are a lot of populous counties in the Des Moines area and in eastern IA and if you decide to squeeze multiple of them into a single day, that won't help.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2022, 02:44:17 PM »

Trump Campaign Schedule

LOL. Do you / does Trump think that just because FL swung rightward in 2020, wherever Trump moves, it'll help him politically there? Because if this happened IRL, it'd honestly be pathetic even by Trump's standards.

I dunno, that sounds exactly like the sort of correlation-causation things that Trump would get into his head and believe no matter what evidence there was to the contrary.

Maybe, but still. And any NV voter or any voter who decides to base their vote on where Trump changed his legal residence to is honestly a total idiot.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2022, 03:07:01 PM »

Trump Campaign Schedule

I dunno, that sounds exactly like the sort of correlation-causation things that Trump would get into his head and believe no matter what evidence there was to the contrary.

Maybe, but still. And any NV voter or any voter who decides to base their vote on where Trump changed his legal residence to is honestly a total idiot.
I’m not doing this over a primary given my lead in the polls

Okay but then why make Trump randomly move to NV?...Is it to help win NV in the GE?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2022, 07:45:06 PM »

Yes, please. I've gone into a lot of detail regarding Cooper's campaigning so far (just put a post in the gameplay thread), but it's taking a lot of time and I don't think I can do any more today - but I still have over a month of info I have to share. I'd appreciate a further 24 hour extension (though if I'm being 100% honest it might take even longer than that) to get that up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies