2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8601 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2022, 07:05:04 PM »

I'll be putting up the polls when I get home frm the Red Cross today. The turn will start from when I put them up, as things have been a bit out of whack for everyone.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2022, 09:22:09 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2022, 12:47:24 AM by GoTfan »

Polls are up and turn is underway
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2022, 12:47:11 AM »

Polls are up and turn isn't underway

Give people a little time, you can’t expect every one to post immediately after you set up the turn. They’ll probably post a bit later, when it’s more convenient for them. For me personally, I’m still not fully well and need to wait till then to use the device necessary to play (very difficult to do it on my phone), and I’m actually also waiting for the others to do something as well and deciding my own strategy.

I just spotted that this was a mistype from my phone . . . bloody autocorrect.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2022, 10:54:34 PM »

Yeah, I'm going to probably need a few more days to put up everything else.

Same here lol

Granted. I'll make it 48 hours.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2022, 05:46:17 PM »

Turn is closed. Everyone ready for Iowa when it goes up?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2022, 09:43:42 AM »

Fine. One last day and no more.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2022, 09:49:00 AM »

Also, JKW, you might wanna edit this part of your schedule:

December 9th -12th | Foreign Trip to the U.K, meet with Prime Minister Truss, and HM Queen Elizabeth II

I made my last update on British politics in-game before Johnson's resignation was announced. Starmer is now the in-game Prime Minister:

Labour wins UK elections; Starmer sworn in as PM

Keir Starmer's Labour Party has brought down the curtains on nearly a decade and a half of Conservative rule in the United Kingdom, winning 337 seats and ousting Boris Johnson from 10 Downing Street. In his concession speech, Johnson has laid much of the blame on the "pro-EU election pact" between Labour and the Liberal Democrats; though any agreement has been informal.

Starmer has since been sworn in as Prime Minister, with president Biden expressing an eagerness to work with him

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2022, 09:35:34 PM »

Have already started work on a post with the details of Cooper's campaigning in NH (IA and NC/SC are posted). Should be up in the next hour and a half (need to go now but when I'm back I'll wrap it up).

If I see one more attack from you, I'm putting you in jail for marijuana related charges.

Now I'm depressed that I stepped down as GM (then again, if I were GM still, we'd have just passed election day 2023 right now.) I would have had fun scoring the Harris/Cooper fighting.

I made a calculated decision to accelrate the turns. A big problem games have is petering out before they reach the primaries, and I wanted to avoid that.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2022, 06:49:17 PM »

Have already started work on a post with the details of Cooper's campaigning in NH (IA and NC/SC are posted). Should be up in the next hour and a half (need to go now but when I'm back I'll wrap it up).

If I see one more attack from you, I'm putting you in jail for marijuana related charges.

Now I'm depressed that I stepped down as GM (then again, if I were GM still, we'd have just passed election day 2023 right now.) I would have had fun scoring the Harris/Cooper fighting.

I made a calculated decision to accelrate the turns. A big problem games have is petering out before they reach the primaries, and I wanted to avoid that.
When will the next turn be up?

Soon. I've closed the turn permanently now.

Trying to figure out the point of continuing a campaign at this point that is certain to lose, will make a decision on withdrawing in a couple of hours.

Don't count yourself out just yet. Remember Shep Smith's words, "Politics is weird . . and creepy".
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2022, 07:44:42 AM »

Alright, I have finished writing my drafts of the 2024 Iowa caucuses!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2022, 06:58:32 PM »

Will Iowa mark the end of the term or will it be in the middle of it and we will have the option to campaign and assess after the contest?

it will be in the middle of the turn, yes. I'm releasing the coverage 36 hours into the turn to simulate the fact that they're happening in the 22nd and not the 18th. Bit of suspense makes everything a lot more fun for me.

Alright, I have finished writing my drafts of the 2024 Iowa caucuses!

So to be clear, we have a few days to put up campaign info for January 19-22, and THEN you'll put up the results for the IA caucus?

I'll be putting up the results midway through the turn regardless of what posts have been made.

Polls will be relased as soon as I finish my shift today.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2022, 12:26:25 AM »

Iowa results are going up in a few hours
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2022, 11:07:36 PM »

Iowa results are going up in a few hours

Will NH also be happening on this turn, or will it be happening on the next turn?
Also, will/can there be a debate between Harris and Cooper before the NH primary?

NH takes centre stage next turn.

There will be a debate next turn as well, schedule t occur befre the NH primary.

In addition, I'm adding a new feature to this game: campaign insights. basically small notes that might be written up by campaign advisors for each candidate. I'll PM them to each player.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2022, 11:42:41 PM »

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying dragging Harris through the mud at every turn!

You can kiss EPA Administrator goodbye.

Just me, speaking as a veteran player and former GM, but a Harris/Cooper ticket would be very effective in November...

For Cooper, if he gets nominated, my personal feeling is Baldwin would be perfect. Progressive and would absolutely help with that wing of the party, scandal-free, from a swing state and very popular there, LGBTQ+, female. I really can't think of a better VP choice on the whole.

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying dragging Harris through the mud at every turn!

You can kiss EPA Administrator goodbye.

That's fine; I intend to be president and am not interested in settling for EPA Administrator to begin with. And as for Harris, far from being Vice-President, she'll be lucky to end up with some random role like Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs or something.
Basically, the mutual sentiment here appears to be this: to the victor go the spoils.

Regarding other cabinet stuff though, I think I'm going to reward Adams for his endorsement (though it seems to have actually hurt more than it helped with a lot of voters...) by making him HUD Secretary.

Endorsements either help or hurt with different blocs of voters.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2022, 04:00:56 AM »

I'll be extending this turn by 24 hours so everyone can catch their breath a little before we dive into New Hampshire.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2022, 03:52:18 PM »

It's too late for Kerry to get on the ballot in the other early states right now, unless Spiral starts a write-in campaign, but even then it would likely be too soon to get any momentum for it going.

And this turn expires on the 26th of January in game. Roghly 36 hours from now in real time.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2022, 05:28:31 AM »

Side note, that was my first time writing up coverage in one of these games. Feedback is more than welcome.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2022, 10:50:12 AM »

Turn is now closed
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2022, 09:23:52 AM »

All feedback has been taken into account, rest assured.

I will say this, the back and forth between Harris and Cooper is going to get very interesting with Kerry now in the race. Especially since Kerry can leverage some of the advantages Baldwin would've had in the race.

I am looking at intensifying the debate schedule as well.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2022, 09:03:10 AM »

I'll be posting the headlines tomorrow morning my time, so in around 8-9 hours. Polls will follow my shift at the Red Cross, as will the debate.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2022, 11:21:58 AM »

Okay, the Democratic debate this turn is scheduled for January 28, the Republican debate for the 29th. Again, a note to all players that your candidates have all been invited to attend the Carter funeral in Plains, Georgia on February 1.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2022, 07:16:02 PM »

Just gonna politely request Harris have an interview since I think she's the only Democratic candidate yet to have one.

To NOT have one, you mean? Because Adams, Kerry and Cooper have already been interviewed.

Thank you for the correction, yes I would like to have an interview as every other Democratic candidate has had one.

I have your request. I just want to get everything else up first.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2022, 11:15:44 PM »

GoTfan, how much longer do you expect it should take before our endorsement requests from last turn are fully reviewed?

Working on it.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2022, 12:56:31 AM »

Alright, fine, I'll postpone everything for another 48 hours.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2022, 07:37:44 PM »

I am urging everyone to pst what they need in the next 24 hours. After that, I can't delay New Hampshire any further
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies