2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:43:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16
Author Topic: 2024 Election Game (Sign Up/Discussion/Rules)  (Read 8598 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2022, 11:42:41 PM »

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying dragging Harris through the mud at every turn!

You can kiss EPA Administrator goodbye.

Just me, speaking as a veteran player and former GM, but a Harris/Cooper ticket would be very effective in November...

For Cooper, if he gets nominated, my personal feeling is Baldwin would be perfect. Progressive and would absolutely help with that wing of the party, scandal-free, from a swing state and very popular there, LGBTQ+, female. I really can't think of a better VP choice on the whole.

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying dragging Harris through the mud at every turn!

You can kiss EPA Administrator goodbye.

That's fine; I intend to be president and am not interested in settling for EPA Administrator to begin with. And as for Harris, far from being Vice-President, she'll be lucky to end up with some random role like Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs or something.
Basically, the mutual sentiment here appears to be this: to the victor go the spoils.

Regarding other cabinet stuff though, I think I'm going to reward Adams for his endorsement (though it seems to have actually hurt more than it helped with a lot of voters...) by making him HUD Secretary.

Endorsements either help or hurt with different blocs of voters.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #201 on: August 04, 2022, 03:36:45 AM »

Vice President Harris could be heard reacting to the recent Kerry campaign by using many foul language aimed at the former Secretary of State that would put Amy Klobuchar and Selina Meyer to shame.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #202 on: August 04, 2022, 03:39:21 AM »

Vice President Harris could be heard reacting to the recent Kerry campaign by using many foul language aimed at the former Secretary of State that would put Amy Klobuchar and Selina Meyer to shame.

You sure you aren't channeling Amy Klobuchar there?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2022, 04:00:56 AM »

I'll be extending this turn by 24 hours so everyone can catch their breath a little before we dive into New Hampshire.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2022, 01:35:48 PM »

I'll be extending this turn by 24 hours so everyone can catch their breath a little before we dive into New Hampshire.

To be clear - the upcoming round begins on January 23 (the day after IA) and includes the NH primary and a pre-primary debate among the Democrats, correct?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2022, 01:39:43 PM »

Kerry's candidacy may well prove a boon to the Cooper campaign.

Given that my campaign is becoming more progressive/anti-establishment and Harris more establishmentarian, and that Kerry is the epitome of mainstream Democratic establishment, this should draw more votes from Harris than from Cooper.

We'll see, but hopefully this (coupled with energetic campaigning on Cooper's part over the next week, of course) allows Cooper to win the NH primary.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2022, 01:40:17 PM »

To be clear - the upcoming round begins on January 23 (the day after IA) and includes the NH primary and a pre-primary debate among the Democrats, correct?

I believe he said that the next debate will take place next turn right before the NH Primary,
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2022, 01:43:30 PM »

I believe he said that the next debate will take place next turn right before the NH Primary,

All right, good.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2022, 01:44:10 PM »

Btw good luck winning NH now that Kerry has entered the picture. Unless he's not contesting NH? Seems like Spiral may be employing a Bloomberg Strategy and is not campaigning in early states but is instead focusing on winning in later states?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2022, 01:48:14 PM »

Btw good luck winning NH now that Kerry has entered the picture. Unless he's not contesting NH? Seems like Spiral may be employing a Bloomberg Strategy and is not campaigning in early states but is instead focusing on winning in later states?

For now, I'm playing it safe and assuming that it's too late to get on the ballot for immediate states like NH. NV and SC could be viable, but I'm waiting on GoTfan for final confirmation on that.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2022, 02:19:02 PM »

For now, I'm playing it safe and assuming that it's too late to get on the ballot for immediate states like NH. NV and SC could be viable, but I'm waiting on GoTfan for final confirmation on that.

I was thinking of having Cooper not contest NV since polling shows me down by a lot even after the Adams endorsement, but if Kerry enters and the polling tightens, I might invest more time/resources there. Otherwise, though, the goal is to win NH (or otherwise, come very close to winning), and to win SC outright (preferably by a comfortable margin and not a narrow margin).
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2022, 02:35:13 PM »

Wisdom proves that it’s too late for Kerry to get on the ballot in New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina but it would make sense for him to be able to compete in anything beyond that.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2022, 03:52:18 PM »

It's too late for Kerry to get on the ballot in the other early states right now, unless Spiral starts a write-in campaign, but even then it would likely be too soon to get any momentum for it going.

And this turn expires on the 26th of January in game. Roghly 36 hours from now in real time.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2022, 08:37:42 PM »

Just realized Harris is the youngest candidate in this race out of all the candidates, and she's turning 59, oh how old everybody is.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2022, 09:50:13 PM »

VOTER: Thank you, Madam Vice President, I am a 20 year old college student and I am currently undecided between you and Governor Cooper, and one thing we hear Governor Cooper talk a lot about is your record on weed-

HARRIS: He talks about it more than he says why he wants to be President. (laughs with audience)

Okay, this actually got a laugh out of me Cheesy
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2022, 05:28:31 AM »

Side note, that was my first time writing up coverage in one of these games. Feedback is more than welcome.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2022, 11:26:08 AM »

See, the thing you really have to appreciate about Spiral is that he does his oppo research, waits till the right moment, and then slams it at you. If we’re being honest I wasn’t aware of this oil/gas incident, and don’t know how I’m going to respond to it. Good for you, Spiral.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2022, 11:40:21 PM »

Side note, that was my first time writing up coverage in one of these games. Feedback is more than welcome.

Nicely done.

I probably would have asked a veteran GM to write up the coverage for me anyways if I were still GM'ing this anyways (or just not done realtime coverage and done results only).
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2022, 10:50:12 AM »

Turn is now closed
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2022, 11:08:32 AM »

See, the thing you really have to appreciate about Spiral is that he does his oppo research, waits till the right moment, and then slams it at you. If we’re being honest I wasn’t aware of this oil/gas incident, and don’t know how I’m going to respond to it. Good for you, Spiral.

Appreciate the kind words. There's always plenty of more where that came from. Wink
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2022, 01:12:27 PM »

Appreciate the kind words. There's always plenty of more where that came from. Wink

In my defense, though, you can't say I didn't have Cooper defend his record on climate change Smiley
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2022, 05:05:39 PM »

I'm a fan of the way you handled primary coverage. One thing I would like to see more of is better detailed debate recaps. Sometimes I feel that past turn summaries overlooked the effects of the debates and the exchanges we had with all the effort we've put into our posts.

Past games have done everything from a letter grading scale for debate performances to a poll on who won for the evening.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2022, 06:26:27 PM »

I'm a fan of the way you handled primary coverage. One thing I would like to see more of is better detailed debate recaps. Sometimes I feel that past turn summaries overlooked the effects of the debates and the exchanges we had with all the effort we've put into our posts.

Past games have done everything from a letter grading scale for debate performances to a poll on who won for the evening.

Tbf we've only had like 1 or 2 debates since GoTfan took over. Still, I agree with you and given that there's an upcoming debate in the run up to NH, it'd be nice if there could be a poll on who won post-debate.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2022, 09:23:52 AM »

All feedback has been taken into account, rest assured.

I will say this, the back and forth between Harris and Cooper is going to get very interesting with Kerry now in the race. Especially since Kerry can leverage some of the advantages Baldwin would've had in the race.

I am looking at intensifying the debate schedule as well.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2022, 05:51:53 PM »

All feedback has been taken into account, rest assured.

I will say this, the back and forth between Harris and Cooper is going to get very interesting with Kerry now in the race. Especially since Kerry can leverage some of the advantages Baldwin would've had in the race.

I am looking at intensifying the debate schedule as well.

I was hoping it'd help Cooper by drawing establishmentarian votes from Harris into Kerry's column, but Kerry/Spiral isn't helping by attacking Cooper so much and laying off Harris.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies