Gubernatorial Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:14:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gubernatorial Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Gubernatorial Results Thread  (Read 8728 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 12:05:15 AM »

I don't what is up with CNN...

CNN projects Martin O'Malley to win, but with 57% of precincts reporting Ehrlich leads O'Malley 50 to 49. 

hopefully ehrlich holds on.

Hopefully he does not -their leads have switched since I posted this. 
Inverted Things
Avelaval

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 12:09:15 AM »

Hatch looks done. I'd say good riddence, but now there's another 4 years of Pawlenty.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 12:13:01 AM »

I don't what is up with CNN...

CNN projects Martin O'Malley to win, but with 57% of precincts reporting Ehrlich leads O'Malley 50 to 49. 

Check Baltimore.  O'Malley is now barely the lead and only half of Baltimore City has come in.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 12:14:43 AM »

Hatch looks done. I'd say good riddence, but now there's another 4 years of Pawlenty.

Tell me what source you are using.  According to CNN, they are pretty evenly split with 46 to each, with 58% precincts reporting according to the latest update.  Pawlenty, perhaps, has a lead of nearly 11,000 in votes. 
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 12:20:17 AM »

Tell me what source you are using.  According to CNN, they are pretty evenly split with 46 to each, with 58% precincts reporting according to the latest update.  Pawlenty, perhaps, has a lead of nearly 11,000 in votes. 

I'm going off of CNN, and noticing that Hennepin and Ramsey are mostly counted. That means Hatch needs to match Pawlenty in the unreported rural areas. That won't happen.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 12:26:59 AM »

Rell won in Connecticut, but it is a very solitary victory.

The Republican underticket was crushed.  Since one of them, Robert Farr, the Republican candidate for Attorney General, is a lawyer who tried to pull a dirty trick on me in a real estate deal, I can't say I'm crushed by his defeat (I didn't vote for him, despite the R after his name).

Many are questioning the fact that the governor and party did so little to support the underticket and the state legislative candidates.  The Republicans lost more seats in the state legislature, giving the Democrats a technically veto-proof margin in both the state senate and the state house.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 12:28:34 AM »

Titus will likely win. Gibbons up 47-45 and only 20% of Clark county reported.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 12:40:08 AM »

Otter is ahead 55-42 in Idaho, but Ada County hasn't even begun to come in yet.
Deano963

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 12:40:22 AM »

Wow Pawlenty and Hatch are neck-and-neck.
Butch McCracken
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 12:40:54 AM »

I'm going off of CNN, and noticing that Hennepin and Ramsey are mostly counted. That means Hatch needs to match Pawlenty in the unreported rural areas. That won't happen.

According to the Minnesota Secretary of State website, Pawlenty has a 22000+ vote advantage with 71% of the  Precincts Reporting.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 01:25:04 AM »

43% of precincts in.

Palin - 52%
Knowles - 37%
Halcro - 10%
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 01:33:15 AM »

DAMN YOU HAMILTON COUNTY

HOW DARE YOU SNUB SPITZER AN ALL-RED NEW YORK Angry
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 01:36:22 AM »

It just wouldn't be fair if they took Pawlenty from us too. Take the House, take the Senate, but leave poor Pawlenty alone. He's a good one.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 01:45:14 AM »

53-43 for Otter in ID now, with 48% reporting.  Looks like I may have gotten a little overconfident here. Tongue

Gibbons looks likely to hold on, being up 4% and with Clark County nearly all in.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2006, 02:32:15 AM »

Anyone have a link to the Maryland results.  I know most of the news channels have called it for O'Malley, but Id like to see the most up to date numbers.

O'Malleyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2006, 02:47:03 AM »

Anyone have a link to the Maryland results.  I know most of the news channels have called it for O'Malley, but Id like to see the most up to date numbers.

O'Malleyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Direct thine optical organs downwards:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/MD/G/00/index.html
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2006, 02:47:28 AM »

Is there some reason Rhode Island hasn't been called yet by everyone?  100% of precincts reporting with a 8,000 vote margin and yet some aren't calling it.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2006, 02:48:42 AM »

I do hope (I can't analyze since I don't know MN all that well) that Pawlenty maintains his small lead and is reelected. He's basically the last thing standing against the total demolition of the GOP in the Northeast/Upper Midwest, especially since Talent lost ...
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2006, 02:55:02 AM »

O'Malleyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Direct thine optical organs downwards:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/MD/G/00/index.html

Man, that feels sooooo good.  We almost won Baltimore County.  Our goal was 45% and we damn near won Baltimore County.  What a day.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2006, 03:21:43 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2006, 03:25:05 AM by thefactor »

I do hope (I can't analyze since I don't know MN all that well) that Pawlenty maintains his small lead and is reelected. He's basically the last thing standing against the total demolition of the GOP in the Northeast/Upper Midwest, especially since Talent lost ...

The GOP still controls state legislatures in Ohio and Missouri, and split it in some other states.

Accorrding to NCSL, Dems picked up the following:

Iowa House and Senate
Minnesota House
Michigan House
New Hampshire House and Senate
Oregon House
Wisconsin Senate
Indiana House

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 03:27:25 AM »

First time in 100 years! Democrats absolutely dominated in NH today.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2006, 03:28:45 AM »

The GOP still controls state legislatures in Michigan, Ohio, and Missouri right?

... and the NY state senate Tongue

I'm inclined to argue that it doesn't really matter, as far as Congress goes, since when redistricting rolls around, the Democrat governors will have a veto over any GOP incumbent-protection district the state legislatures come up with.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2006, 03:31:01 AM »

The GOP still controls state legislatures in Michigan, Ohio, and Missouri right?

I'm inclined to argue that it doesn't really matter, as far as Congress goes, since when redistricting rolls around, the Democrat governors will have a veto over any GOP incumbent-protection district the state legislatures come up with.

Do governors elected in 2006 get to be involved in redistricting for 2010? Or does it go over to 2011? I can't tell because in 2000, the key year was obviously 1998.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2006, 03:31:55 AM »

First time in 100 years! Democrats absolutely dominated in NH today.

According to the Boston Globe, the GOP now has the least seats in the Massachusetts legislature since 1867.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2006, 03:33:26 AM »

Do governors elected in 2006 get to be involved in redistricting for 2010? Or does it go over to 2011? I can't tell because in 2000, the key year was obviously 1998.

Good question. I can't really answer it because the two states I'm most familiar with (TX, LA) have their districts drawn by court order
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies