AK-AL Special election: Peltola wins!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:09:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AK-AL Special election: Peltola wins!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Author Topic: AK-AL Special election: Peltola wins!  (Read 21671 times)
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2022, 10:04:07 PM »

If I lived in Alaska I would vote for Santa. (This is real)

I believe he actually lives in North Pole, Alaska, right? Which is south of the Arctic Circle for some reason. I haven't felt this betrayed by geography since I watched Krakatoa, East of Java.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2022, 10:59:31 PM »

I think Palin will be the clear frontrunner, given her name recognition. Yes, she left office unpopular, but that was over a decade ago. She will fit in well with today's Republican Party, and I expect she'll get the Trump endorsement.

The Trump endorsement means nothing in Alaska. Otherwise we wouldn’t have Lisa Murkowski in the Senate.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2022, 11:10:15 PM »

I think Palin will be the clear frontrunner, given her name recognition. Yes, she left office unpopular, but that was over a decade ago. She will fit in well with today's Republican Party, and I expect she'll get the Trump endorsement.

The Trump endorsement means nothing in Alaska. Otherwise we wouldn’t have Lisa Murkowski in the Senate.
Murkowski hasn't been up for re-election since Trump was elected so his endorsement hasn't been tested yet.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2022, 11:15:14 PM »

I certainly don't think it means nothing, although I would agree that Alaska is probably the least Trumpy red states besides Utah.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2022, 11:15:48 PM »

Murkowski hasn't been up for re-election since Trump was elected so his endorsement hasn't been tested yet.

Is there a chance she loses the seat?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2022, 11:16:44 PM »

Yes. I'm not saying it's likely but it will be close either way.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2022, 11:18:32 PM »

What needs to happen in order for Palin to lose the seat?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2022, 11:33:29 PM »

Oh I was talking about Murkowski.
Palin is very likely to win the seat, the only way she could lose is if she and a more moderate R like Begich made the final round and she gets eliminated.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2022, 11:36:36 PM »

Palin is very likely to win the seat, the only way she could lose is if she and a more moderate R like Begich made the final round and she gets eliminated.

Does Begich have a path to the final round? Or is Gross vs. Palin locked in?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2022, 04:06:59 AM »

Feel like this should be in campaign ads (whether for Palin or for her opponents, is up to your opinion, I suppose).

Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2022, 09:16:00 AM »

Is Begich really a moderate? He was challenging Don Young from the right.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2022, 09:48:45 AM »

Is Begich really a moderate? He was challenging Don Young from the right.
Compared to Palin.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2022, 10:22:20 AM »

Palin's name is not on the official list yet and today is April 1 but.....

I wouldn't think an NYT Journalist would do an April Fool's joke right?
It's real.

The seat is hers and I expect a Trump endorsement soon too. It'll really be something to have Sarah Palin in Congress lmao.

She’ll seem sane compared to her colleagues like Boebert and MTG now, so maybe not as shocking as it once would have seemed. She’s kinda old news now, long since out-crazied.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2022, 10:33:21 AM »

I do wonder if other Republicans can build the Murkowski-style coalition needed to beat her. I’m not sure how popular she even is.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2022, 11:29:53 AM »

There is a non-zero chance I could see Palin trying to create a new image in the Cheney style, the crazy lane is getting kinda full
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2022, 12:32:45 PM »

What will Palin’s performance be in the first round? That should give us a clue as to how likely it is for her to win her race.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2022, 11:11:30 AM »

JMT

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2022, 12:25:46 PM »

Looks like Palin has Nikki Haley’s endorsement. Not a surprise, since Palin’s endorsement of Haley in 2010 helped her win the Gubernatorial primary:

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2022, 12:43:29 PM »

Looks like Palin has Nikki Haley’s endorsement. Not a surprise, since Palin’s endorsement of Haley in 2010 helped her win the Gubernatorial primary:

I do wonder if this means there’ll be no resistance to her candidacy from the GOP establishment.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2022, 01:10:53 PM »

I do wonder if this means there’ll be no resistance to her candidacy from the GOP establishment.

It really shows how much even the GOP establishment has moved to the right since McCain in 2008 and the Trump presidency. In 2010, Palin would have Boehner and maybe McConnell wanting someone to try to stop her from the center.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2022, 01:14:47 PM »

It really shows how much even the GOP establishment has moved to the right since McCain in 2008 and the Trump presidency. In 2010, Palin would have Boehner and maybe McConnell wanting someone to try to stop her from the center.

What position do you feel McCarthy would take on her?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2022, 04:24:06 PM »

Palin's name is not on the official list yet and today is April 1 but.....

I wouldn't think an NYT Journalist would do an April Fool's joke right?
It's real.

The seat is hers and I expect a Trump endorsement soon too. It'll really be something to have Sarah Palin in Congress lmao.

She’ll seem sane compared to her colleagues like Boebert and MTG now, so maybe not as shocking as it once would have seemed. She’s kinda old news now, long since out-crazied.

All we need is Bachmann comeback and we have a real conservative squad.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2022, 07:58:56 PM »

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2022, 08:06:08 PM »

No surprises here, he asked her to run after all.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2022, 08:12:38 PM »

If elected, Sarah Palin will be the first member of Congress to previously compete on The Masked Singer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies