Is Lauren Boebert at all endangered?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:23:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is Lauren Boebert at all endangered?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Is Lauren Boebert at all endangered?  (Read 3589 times)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2022, 06:31:02 PM »

Boebert does strike me as someone who'll eventually be gone just like MTG because such lightning rod of controversy types don't remain forever in Congress. Steve King is a recent example of one losing. Obviously more vulnerable in the primary but unlike MTG Boebert could lose in a really bad wave, it's a very polarized district with a high D floor and she only won by 6 points in 2018 before she was so controversial. So this isn't the year, but if there was a bet on her still being around at the end of the decade I'd bet against it.

FYI it was Scott Tipton in 2018 and the new district picked up some rural red Hispano county in the SE while losing a few ski counties so it moved a touch rightwards. Still I do agree she is definitely in danger in the future and I would bet on her losing in a D wave.
Typo, I meant in 2020. Although you are correct even with Tipton who was a pretty generic and inoffensive incumbent it was kind of close-ish in 2018. Of course if any Democrat beats her that seat will be just a one-term rental.
Tipton wasn't really even a RINO, just a generic Republican. The reason he lost was because he didn't campaign and Boebert campaigned really hard in that race.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2022, 08:32:15 AM »

Lauren Boebert will never lose in the next 10 years. Colorado gaining a District after the 2020 Census was actually beneficial to her as her District moved more rightward to create space for the new 8th District in Colorado.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2022, 08:19:31 AM »

Bump
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2022, 08:27:27 AM »

I am so glad I registered to vote in Colorado 03.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2022, 01:34:17 PM »

Lauren Boebert will never lose in the next 10 years. Colorado gaining a District after the 2020 Census was actually beneficial to her as her District moved more rightward to create space for the new 8th District in Colorado.

This aged well my friend
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2022, 02:34:02 PM »

Has it been called yet?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2022, 02:37:03 PM »

The second part was bang-on correct. The first is not at all solid...Lauren Boebert may well end up as Marilyn Musgrave 2.0.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2022, 02:41:11 PM »

I’m not gonna claim any credit because I certainly didn’t predict this, but in hindsight it is odd that people didn’t pay more attention to the fact that the seat (formerly now!) represented by one of the most extreme House Republicans even by that caucus’ sorry standards was pretty purple and had a strong liberal base. This certainly ain’t Northwest Georgia!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies