Miami-Dade Bendixen and Amandi (D): Biden +6 (over DeSantis), +7 (over Trump)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:21:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Miami-Dade Bendixen and Amandi (D): Biden +6 (over DeSantis), +7 (over Trump)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Miami-Dade Bendixen and Amandi (D): Biden +6 (over DeSantis), +7 (over Trump)  (Read 1155 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2022, 01:04:49 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2022, 01:20:47 PM by MT Treasurer »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541
Oppo

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 01:39:49 PM »

I think this disproves the argument that DeSantis is a stronger candidate than Trump. There’s no place in the country where DeSantis has more name recognition, yet he does 13 points worse than Trump? Additionally, Trump is much more popular with Hispanics in a Republican primary, and I assume that holds up in the general election.

He doesn’t? He’s doing one point better than Trump here (obviously negligible, though).
Misread the poll, my bad
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 01:45:09 PM »

So basically the same as last time.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 06:11:06 PM »

This is the same FL margin Trump got last time in Miami-Dade, which indicates to me FL is pretty safe R regardless of the 2024 nominee.  Also the similarity in Trump vs. DeSantis numbers indicates the Dem floor in Miami-Dade is pretty solid and it would be rather difficult for a Republican to win the county outright, whereas I suspect DeSantis would handily outperform Trump against Biden in Jacksonville and carry Duval County, for example.  
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 02:24:20 PM »

This is the same FL margin Trump got last time in Miami-Dade, which indicates to me FL is pretty safe R regardless of the 2024 nominee.  Also the similarity in Trump vs. DeSantis numbers indicates the Dem floor in Miami-Dade is pretty solid and it would be rather difficult for a Republican to win the county outright, whereas I suspect DeSantis would handily outperform Trump against Biden in Jacksonville and carry Duval County, for example.  

So you think we should call it a day fold up our tents and assume the Election is decided lol, it's NINE MNTHS TILL EDAY and There has been polls showing Crist ahead
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 02:30:22 PM »

I could see this one being a little closer, since this poll just reaffirms the 2020 election. It's a Democratic pollster, so... Florida for 2024 starts as Likely or a strong Lean Republican.
Hollywood
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 11:15:03 PM »

From an actual primary source of information, 48% of voters in Miami-Dade said DeSantis deserves four more years in his job, is just a sample of the uphill work for Democrats running in statewide races this year.  This includes 35% of African Americans that we Republicans have been targeting in Broward and Miami Dade County.  It's good to see that our grass root work is paying off in FL, and continues to yield results in Georgia.  Only 45% of blacks said 'no' to DeSantis getting another term.  This is what I've been saying for the last few months.  African Americans aren't standing in our way this time, particularly AA males.  We are running AA candidates against the white Dinos, because we know we'll be able to dislodge them.  Ds might only win in black church districts, and some of those people are telling me they are skipping services the Sunday before the election. 
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21416935-miami-dade-county-presidential-election-3

As far as a Presidential Election is concerned, these local polls coming after 2016 always seem to under-estimate Republicans in Florida.  The only important number is the Hispanic Vote (56% of Respondents) that go 46-37% in favor of Trump.  Add the turnout based on enthusiasm and motivation among voters where Republicans edge out Democrats by +10%, as well as the shift among Suburban Voters in Tampa and Jacksonville, and then you really get clear picture of how hopeless Florida has become for the Democrat Party.  https://archive.ph/4OzSW#selection-3593.0-3593.439

I think Florida is now a +6-8 for Republicans in a Presidential Race.  If I were a D, I'd be more concerned about Georgia, because it's become a helluva a lot easier recruiting black and Suburban voters.  Even picking off 4% of black voters would do the job given the conditions in the Suburbs.  The above poll confirms it in Florida areas similar to GA.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 11:27:14 PM »

Florida is safe R right now, and it's no wonder why. Democrats have doubled down on pretty much every single issue that has hurt them electorally over the last few years.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 04:46:10 PM »

Florida is safe R right now, and it's no wonder why. Democrats have doubled down on pretty much every single issue that has hurt them electorally over the last few years.

No it's not
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2022, 05:37:57 PM »

Uses did see the GAETZ poll with him losing but focus on this poll

DeSantis like Trump is not invincible he barely beat Guillium and if Crist win so will Demomgs

Users have gotten too conservative as of late and we just voted Trump out in 2020
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies