How much did Bill Clinton's Campaigning help Obama

<< < (2/2)

Mr. Smith:
In 2012, not at all. I mean what's next? He helped ALG lose by 12 instead of 20 in 2014? What a joke.

In 2008, he did a fantastic job...all with the intent of trying to help his wife...huh? No kidding.

sguberman:
Quote from: Alben Barkley on March 15, 2022, 04:50:28 PM

I remember that speech very well. Insane how within eight years even his own party had turned on him so much he barely got a role in the 2020 convention or campaign.

Shame.

Also yeah Gore distancing himself from Clinton and refusing to let him campaign for him is one of the greatest blunders in political history.

According to Lucky: How Joe Biden Barely Won the Presidency even Biden was reluctant to have Clinton speak

Redban:
I remember watching that speech live. I think the speech really helped Obama. Clinton got a clear, decisive speech loaded with stats about jobs and the economy. At the time, Bill Clinton was still associated with the 1990s prosperity, a big difference from the sluggish economy of 2012.

There was talk then that the DNC could showcase Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, and Al Gore (5 big political names). On the RNC side, they couldn't showcase Bush because he was still unpopular, and they really didn't have any big political names outside of maybe John McCain

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page