MN-5: Interesting results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:06:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  MN-5: Interesting results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-5: Interesting results  (Read 3239 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:17:04 PM »
« edited: November 05, 2006, 11:20:52 PM by Senator BRTD »

http://www.mncampaignreport.com/?p=508

Ellison (DFL): 49
Fine (GOP): 24
Lee (IP): 22
Pond (GP): 2

Ellison might be having a tough primary battle on his hands in 2008...

I'm hoping Lee can pull off a second place finish too.

Yes, I know all about the sketchy source, but we should get official confirmation soon.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:18:31 PM »

As long as he stays under 50%, I can not hate MN-05.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 11:26:25 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2006, 11:28:25 PM by Senator BRTD »

The interesting thing will be to see if Lee or Fine win any precincts, or if Ellison comes in third in any. It'll be very interesting to compare his performance to Hatch and Klobuchar's in the heavily Jewish neighborhoods of St. Louis Park.

I support Lee of course, and will vote for any primary challenger against Ellison in 2008.

And some on DU who support Ellison are acting like this is good news because Ellison is winning. WELL NO SH!T, HE'S THE DEMOCRAT RUNNING IN MN-5.
okstate

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 12:13:50 AM »

Here's your confirmation:

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReportEmail.aspx?g=6b9bee19-b1cb-4cc0-94ee-b700a18fb191
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:26:31 AM »

He will definitely get taken out in a primary, sooner or later. Still an embarassment to the state and DFL.

By the way, I had said a long time ago that Ellison would not really do that great. If Lee was his only opponent, this race would be more interesting. And if the StarTrib wasn't a propaganda machine for the DFL, Ellison would probably be under 40.

He just isn't Minnesota's brand of communist.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 12:29:42 AM »

He will definitely get taken out in a primary, sooner or later. Still an embarassment to the state and DFL.

By the way, I had said a long time ago that Ellison would not really do that great. If Lee was his only opponent, this race would be more interesting. And if the StarTrib wasn't a propaganda machine for the DFL, Ellison would probably be under 40.

He just isn't Minnesota's brand of communist.

Wasnt the Startrib the paper that ratted out its republican source, who revealed some less than flattering information a democratic candidate...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 12:33:54 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2006, 12:37:38 AM by Senator BRTD »

He will definitely get taken out in a primary, sooner or later.

Hope so. I think Erlandson will run again. He, like Sabo, has refused to endorse Ellison. Both Reichgott-Junge and Ostrow have. In a straight Erlandson-Ellison race, Erlandson should win most ofthe 59% that voted against Ellison. Plus he might even win the endorsement.

And if the StarTrib wasn't a propaganda machine for the DFL, Ellison would probably be under 40.

Ha ha ha.

You don't read the Star Tribune. That's the only way anyone could honestly think they have been friendly to Ellison.

Sure there are biased toward Democrats in general, but you can hardly accuse them of trying to cover up Ellison's baggage. They also endorsed Erlandson.

The numbers make sense. 49% is a good number for blacks + the type of folks who backed Ellison in the primary in that district.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 10:27:32 AM »

Why isn't Ellison popular in MN-5 or on this forum?  MN-5 voted 71%-28% for John Kerry in 2004 so his performance obviously is bad. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 10:58:51 AM »

Why isn't Ellison popular in MN-5 or on this forum?  MN-5 voted 71%-28% for John Kerry in 2004 so his performance obviously is bad. 

Well let's see, first he had ties to the Nation of Islam, later renounced the group that already put doubts, he was heavily supported by the Hamas-supporting Council on American-Islamic Relations (even though also Bush has met with the head of CAIR), he has massive loads of unpaid parking tickets and was behind on his campaign taxes many times, it was recently reported that he had a restraining order placed on him by a DFL activist woman after he was agressive to her in one incident, he's got truckloads of baggage.

You know, I wonder if this is the first race where there's a candidate of each Abrahamic religion (since Fine is Jewish)
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »

The StarTrib has not been hard on Ellison. That's crazy to think they have. Sure they've reported on some of his problems, but by no means have they given a full account of Ellison's college days as Keith Ellison Muhammed or Keither Ellison X or whatever clown name he was going by at the time. Indeed the StarTrib has equivocated and often tried to minimize the apparent scope of Ellison's pro-cop killer, pro-terrorist, pro-communist stances, which have the impressive quality of both being extreme for any district and also self-contradictory.

If the StarTrib wanted to go after Ellison, they could have hurt him, badly. If he was a similarly extreme Republican, they would have done so, and his candidacy would have suffered... a lot.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 10:09:02 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2006, 10:11:14 PM by Senator BRTD »

You clearly aren't familiar with Katherine Kersten, the StarTrib's token conservative columnist. She's spent more time bashing Ellison than any other Democrat, I can think of at least 4 anti-Ellison columns from her, compared to only 1 specificially directed at Hatch and 1 at Klobuchar. She may be only there for a token conservative and for a laugh, but it's there.

Of course the StarTrib doesn't run non-stop bashing of Ellison, but why would they? What's the point of attacking a Democrat in a safe district instead of Republicans? Ellison's whole restraining order deal was on the front page the day it brok.

The reason Ellison isn't below 40%, is because that's basically impossible for a Democrat in the district. Maybe Ellison wouldn't be doing so well if he didn't have Mayor Rybak's endorsement, but the DFL candidate simply can't lose the general election in this district. Just be happy that I'll be voting against him in the 2008 primary, the only way you'll get rid of him.

Anyway, let's go on to the guessing games:

1-Will Ellison come in third in any precincts/cities?
2-Will Lee get over 50% in any precincts/cities?

I'm going to be very very interested in the results in St. Louis Park.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies