When did you realize Hillary was about to lose?

(1/5) > >>

EJ24:
?

Da2017:
I went in to election night thinking she was going to win.  I was panicking when the comey letter came out. It was when Trump was doing better than expected in the Rust Belt.

TML:
It was around 9:30 PM that night when the NYT's prediction needle suddenly indicated that Trump was on track to win. Later, it shifted further and further toward Trump's column, and the deal was essentially sealed when Wisconsin was called for Trump around midnight (something which not that many reputable political junkies thought would happen).

Podgy the Bear:
It was when Trump was pulling away in FL and how he did it. 

The exurban areas around Tampa and Orlando are rapidly growing with Midwestern transplants, and the way Trump won these places reflect what happened in MI, WI, and PA.  I was very surprised when John King on CNN showed that Trump was running far ahead in Pasco County (Obama lost in 2012 by 6 points, Hillary lost by 21).  Even more dramatic was just north in Hernando County (Obama down by 7, Hillary down by 29).    They called FL fairly early that night, and I knew that the Democratic firewall in the Midwest was in trouble.

Da2017:
When Virginia took a while to call I thought Hillary might be in trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page