ATTN PRESIDENT: We need a new GM nomination
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:03:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTN PRESIDENT: We need a new GM nomination
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATTN PRESIDENT: We need a new GM nomination  (Read 792 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2022, 04:49:03 AM »

I resign the position of game manager effective immediately.

I revoke my previous resignation as GM.

Reading a nine paragraph screed from this board's insufferable moderator has shown this game is in trouble if left to the Very Serious hacks.

Time for some American venom, indeed.

Regardless of post-facto posturing, obviously this creates a vacancy by any stretch of any constitutional statute. Given the importance of this position and its current vacancy, the President must nominate someone ASAP to fill this role.

x Former GM Griff
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 06:55:02 AM »

ATTN PRESIDENT  :
 CANCEL MY STUDENT LOAN DEBT ... or start bombing serbia .NOWWW!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 09:36:48 AM »

Boobs for GM
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 06:43:24 PM »

Boobs for GM!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 06:45:32 PM »

I'll be supporting anyone who voted against OBD last weekend.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 08:35:18 PM »

We need a few things. Unfortunately the cancer spread to basically the entire executive branch.

GM
VP
SoS
SoIA
AG
NSC

Im sure the President will be dilligent. Its only been a few hours.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 10:40:05 PM »

As for this scenario, with so many positions to fill: the bad thing about driving a bunch of active people off the game because Le Activity is Scary to "adults" who hate change like Adam is that after the dust settles, you will have even fewer active players than before. And uh, I don't envy it, but it's not my problem anymore. As I commented above, best of luck.

Not certain that that activity would persist into the end result of whatever plan was in action for the past month. At a minimum, arbitrarily imprisoning players and eliminating an entire region seems like an excellent way to tamp down whatever activity they previously contributed.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 10:48:23 PM »

As for this scenario, with so many positions to fill: the bad thing about driving a bunch of active people off the game because Le Activity is Scary to "adults" who hate change like Adam is that after the dust settles, you will have even fewer active players than before. And uh, I don't envy it, but it's not my problem anymore. As I commented above, best of luck.

Not certain that that activity would persist into the end result of whatever plan was in action for the past month. At a minimum, arbitrarily imprisoning players and eliminating an entire region seems like an excellent way to tamp down whatever activity they previously contributed.

I feel like you've made a variation on the same comment probably 20 times. Not to worry, your theory that it is, in fact, lack of activity or compelling storylines that brings new players will be put to the test now. Good luck!

Your feelings, I am pleased to say, are quite wrong.

Although the funny thing is that it was precisely a lack of activity that brought me into the game in the first place, independently of what anyone else did, so while I don't hold the strawman theories you seem to think I do, that would actually be pretty understandable to assume if you knew about it. Funny to think about now that you mention it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 11:08:07 PM »

And do you think there wouldn't have been a mass exodus if your plan had succeeded?

Because surely people will want to play an elections game where the elections are rigged, the constitution is screwed all to hell and there is no hope of stopping/reversing/fighting back.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 11:34:23 PM »

I love how even after a decade and with virtually no recent involvement whatsoever, randos keep spouting my name and blaming me for everything. Now that's a legacy you can trust!

And uh, I don't envy it, but it's not my problem anymore.

And yet you're still here, ranting and raving. See you next week!

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 11:39:43 PM »

I love how even after a decade and with virtually no recent involvement whatsoever, randos keep spouting my name and blaming me for everything. Now that's a legacy you can trust!

Oh, it's not my problem anymore. But I can certainly watch you flail around before going inactive again.

Who said I ever planned to remain active? At minimum, the great thing about someone like me running is I can just scoop up a seat from weirdos trying to destroy it all and then appoint an active successor!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 11:55:48 PM »

Oh, it's not my problem anymore. But I can certainly watch you flail around before going inactive again.

Who said I ever planned to remain active? At minimum, the great thing about someone like me running is I can just scoop up a seat from weirdos trying to destroy it all and then appoint an active successor!

Lmao. 35 year old man, everybody.

Lmao. 19 year old nobody, everybody.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 12:03:03 AM »

I appreciate the use of the word "nobody" in this context. It reflects that your delusions of adequacy from a online fantasy game have conversely made you a "somebody" which is... Yeesh.

I just didn't want to assume your gender!

SEE

YOU

NEXT

WEEK
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 12:08:24 AM »

I appreciate the use of the word "nobody" in this context. It reflects that your delusions of adequacy from a online fantasy game have conversely made you a "somebody" which is... Yeesh.

SEE

YOU

NEXT

WEEK

Nothing quite like an "assume your gender" joke to show you've exhausted your intellect capacity.

*intellectual
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 01:10:42 AM »

SEE

YOU

NEXT

WEEK

Nothing quite like an "assume your gender" joke to show you've exhausted your intellect capacity.

*intellectual

Anyways, good luck on harvesting some activity from the roster of esteemed personages you've brought out of the woodwork, as to the original purpose of this thread.

Thank you so much!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies