2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:44:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 80165 times)
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: June 29, 2022, 11:38:53 AM »

If Madison Horn wins the runoff for the general OK senate race, it'll be a shame if she and Kendra don't team up to make some joint ads with the tagline: "Mess with the bull, get the Horns!"
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1826 on: June 29, 2022, 02:27:39 PM »

IL-2 R - Lynch
IL-12 D - Markel

Uncalled:
IL-1 R
CA-Insurance Commissioner Slot 2
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1827 on: June 29, 2022, 05:41:17 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2022, 08:15:37 AM by Lincoln Speaker Dwarven Dragon »

We now have the usual July break from primaries, with a couple caveats:

- On 7/26, there will be a few local runoffs in North Carolina, nothing worth caring about though.
- On 7/19, pursuant to a court order, we have the Maryland Primaries.

Next big date is August 2nd when six states will be voting.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1828 on: June 29, 2022, 07:06:32 PM »

The only thing I can really say about last night's primaries is that I am very disappointed that Eva Braun won the primary in IL-15. Watch Paladino win in New York now. We're so polarized in this country that we can't even agree that praising Hitler in any way=unacceptable anymore.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1829 on: June 29, 2022, 07:47:09 PM »

The only thing I can really say about last night's primaries is that I am very disappointed that Eva Braun won the primary in IL-15. Watch Paladino win in New York now. We're so polarized in this country that we can't even agree that praising Hitler in any way=unacceptable anymore.

Miller won because Davis was seen as very moderate. If she was up against a more solid conservative she might have lost. Paladino‘a main opponent is chairman Nick Langworthy who hasn’t alienated the MAGA crowd the way Davis has.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1830 on: June 29, 2022, 08:26:16 PM »

Miller won because Davis was seen as very moderate. If she was up against a more solid conservative she might have lost. Paladino‘a main opponent is chairman Nick Langworthy who hasn’t alienated the MAGA crowd the way Davis has.
Yes, however Paladino is an institution in WNY unlike Miller. I mean look at the map for NY-GOV in 2010, Paladino got destroyed statewide but got Assad-like margins in WNY/Buffalo area.
And he's got a Trump-like ability where he has so many controversies people sort of ignore them.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1831 on: June 29, 2022, 08:50:45 PM »

Yes, however Paladino is an institution in WNY unlike Miller. I mean look at the map for NY-GOV in 2010, Paladino got destroyed statewide but got Assad-like margins in WNY/Buffalo area.
And he's got a Trump-like ability where he has so many controversies people sort of ignore them.

Paladino was seen as a fairly normal Republican in 2010. It wasn’t until long after that race he went off the deep end.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1832 on: June 29, 2022, 08:56:54 PM »

Paladino was seen as a fairly normal Republican in 2010. It wasn’t until long after that race he went off the deep end.
LOL Paladino was NOT a "fairly normal Republican" in 2010. His race had constant scandals and controversies.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1833 on: June 29, 2022, 08:57:55 PM »

LOL Paladino was NOT a "fairly normal Republican" in 2010. His race had constant scandals and controversies.
He literally said he wanted Obama to die of mad cow disease late in 2016!!!
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1834 on: June 29, 2022, 09:01:34 PM »

That doesn't disprove my point. He said just as crazy insane things during his 2010 run. Look it up if you don't believe me. He's always been like this and no one seemed to care.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1835 on: June 29, 2022, 09:22:39 PM »

That doesn't disprove my point. He said just as crazy insane things during his 2010 run. Look it up if you don't believe me. He's always been like this and no one seemed to care.

They got way less publicity at the time. The mad cow disease stuff made national headlines. I think suburban Buffalo Republicans may have been turned off by him since. Also Langworthy will have a huge advantage in the southern tier.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1836 on: June 29, 2022, 09:23:34 PM »

IL-2 R - Lynch
IL-12 D - Markel

Uncalled:
IL-1 R

Good. I voted for Markel because Qualls was too far left. I know Markel doesn't have a prayer of winning, but I'll vote for him anyway in the general, because Bost comes too close to being an election denier, and because in general I sure as hell don't want the election-denying party to become the majority of the House.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1837 on: June 29, 2022, 11:07:49 PM »

IL-2 R - Lynch
IL-12 D - Markel

Uncalled:
IL-1 R

Good. I voted for Markel because Qualls was too far left. I know Markel doesn't have a prayer of winning, but I'll vote for him anyway in the general, because Bost comes too close to being an election denier, and because in general I sure as hell don't want the election-denying party to become the majority of the House.
Remember how we were repped by Dems from the Eisenhower admin until 2014?

Good times
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1838 on: June 30, 2022, 10:33:09 PM »

Calling IL-1 R for Carlson!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1839 on: July 01, 2022, 08:11:57 AM »

NYT saying there is 124K votes left in Cook County to count for Dems. Are those going to be counted anytime soon?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1840 on: July 02, 2022, 06:05:05 PM »

NYT saying there is 124K votes left in Cook County to count for Dems. Are those going to be counted anytime soon?

Decently sure that's a mirage, especially since they went ahead and called everything.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1841 on: July 08, 2022, 03:56:49 PM »

Calling CA-Insurance Commissioner Slot 2 for Howell
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1842 on: July 19, 2022, 04:21:29 PM »

MD results-

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/07/19/us/elections/results-maryland.html?action=click&pgtype=Article&state=default&module=styln-elections-2022&region=TOP_BANNER&context=election_recirc
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1843 on: July 19, 2022, 05:20:17 PM »

Just a reminder officials will not even start to process absentee ballots in MD until Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/07/17/delayed-maryland-primary-results/

Voters requested an unprecedented number of mail-in ballots, which cannot begin to be counted until two days after the election. They’d returned 213,000 as of Monday; another 286,300 had been requested and not yet returned
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1844 on: July 19, 2022, 05:32:24 PM »

See the VBM election is delayed users think that Rs are gonna win it walking away, even MD can't get it's EDay results straight
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1845 on: July 19, 2022, 05:50:38 PM »

No results for two days oh well
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1846 on: July 19, 2022, 06:22:36 PM »

Just a reminder officials will not even start to process absentee ballots in MD until Thursday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/07/17/delayed-maryland-primary-results/

Voters requested an unprecedented number of mail-in ballots, which cannot begin to be counted until two days after the election. They’d returned 213,000 as of Monday; another 286,300 had been requested and not yet returned

This is insane. Maryland Democrats have a supermajority in MD, don't they? How is this happening?

This is even worse than in PA where you can't start processing till Election Day. Not processing until TWO DAYS after the election is insane.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #1847 on: July 19, 2022, 06:29:49 PM »

This is insane. Maryland Democrats have a supermajority in MD, don't they? How is this happening?

This is even worse than in PA where you can't start processing till Election Day. Not processing until TWO DAYS after the election is insane.

Something that was never a problem in the past with a small number of absentees. In 2020 Hogan had an emergency decree that allowed absentees to be processed earlier. This year Democrats did pass an elections bill that contained updated absentee handling rules but Hogan vetoed it because of other provisions in the bill. Not sure why there was no override attempt (legislature out of session?).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1848 on: July 19, 2022, 09:09:32 PM »

FRANCHOT is at 21% and Moore is at 37 it looks like Moore but it's only 27%
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1849 on: July 19, 2022, 09:22:33 PM »

Would mail-ins benefit Schulz? I assume since more educated people would vote for her and educated people are more likely to use mail in?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies