Could someone please make sure GoTfan calls a suicide prevention hotline?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:06:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Could someone please make sure GoTfan calls a suicide prevention hotline?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could someone please make sure GoTfan calls a suicide prevention hotline?  (Read 431 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2022, 03:18:23 AM »

The way he's talking on the User Complaints megathread makes me think he's going to kill himself, and frankly, that scares me.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 04:12:28 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2022, 06:53:21 PM by Слава Україні! 🇺🇦 »

I second this. Not only were his remarks in the thread disturbing but his current sig. as well is highly concerning.

Context
I'm not the one who refuses to entertain the notion of this escalating into nuclear war.

As it is, I'm probably not going to be around much longer, so you two will get your wish.

Well like I said, you two will get your wish in a couple of hours. I'll be gone for good.

Apparently a disconnection from SWIFT is imminent.

Russia has stated that they will consdier this an act of war.

This is probably gonna be my last post in this forum. Thanks for the memories guys.

His current sig.
The survivors of nuclear war will envy the dead. - GoTFan
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 04:49:48 AM »

It's not the first time either. A while ago, I believe it was during one of the covid peaks in 2020, he also wrote that he was "going to end it tonight". It was pretty disturbing at the time which is why I distinctly remember it.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 06:00:39 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2022, 08:06:18 AM by Meclazine »

Same happened in the "Wellbeing" thread.

We could get Badger to advise him what to do.

Ultimately, suicide is a personal decision.

One of my girlfriends' tenants just hung himself today in one of her rental apartments. And the weird thing is that the tenant before him also committed suicide.

Now she feels guilty because she asked him to catch up on the rent last week. It turns out he had a big fight with his girlfriend yesterday.

Either way, we could remove the suicidal posts if they get too repetitive. I think it is almost necessary in this case to have them removed. We have now passed the proposed deadline which he has done before. He then disappears and then comes back a week later.

Using suicide as a debating mechanism is a little off in my opinion, so I concur with the OP. At some point, it becomes attention seeking.

It serves no meaningful benefit to have these style of posts on the forum, either for the person involved or the remaining people left to read them.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 01:43:09 AM »

One of my girlfriends' tenants just hung himself today in one of her rental apartments. And the weird thing is that the tenant before him also committed suicide.

Now she feels guilty because she asked him to catch up on the rent last week. It turns out he had a big fight with his girlfriend yesterday.

Either way, we could remove the suicidal posts if they get too repetitive. I think it is almost necessary in this case to have them removed. We have now passed the proposed deadline which he has done before. He then disappears and then comes back a week later.

Using suicide as a debating mechanism is a little off in my opinion, so I concur with the OP. At some point, it becomes attention seeking.

It serves no meaningful benefit to have these style of posts on the forum, either for the person involved or the remaining people left to read them.

I'm not sure I'm qualified to give advice here. There was another poster who expressed so suicidal thoughts on Atlas a few months ago whom  I communicated with Through several P m's back-and-forth and urged him and urged him to seek immediate professional help. He responded at least a month later so I think hes doing OK, I hope?

At any rate, I certainly hope that GoTFan does the same.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 02:13:55 AM »

I don't think anyone should be even suggesting it might be "attention seeking". Always take threats of suicide seriously.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 02:50:23 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2022, 02:53:49 AM by Hammy »

I don't think anyone should be even suggesting it might be "attention seeking". Always take threats of suicide seriously.

He has a long history of doing this when called out for being overdramatic with the dooming, and did the same during the elections. As somebody who has actually been suicidal on multiple occasions, a public forum is the last place I'd announce it, short of some sort of goodbye so people didn't forever wonder where I went. I certainly wouldn't make repeated posts about it in multiple threads.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 02:52:29 AM »

He has a long history of doing this when called out for being overdramatic with the dooming.
Even so. It's a good idea to always play it on the safe side with things this serious.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2022, 05:56:29 AM »

Still here. Disconnected to get my head right.

Employed a trick I learnt from my psychologist.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 07:39:58 AM »

Please go for a walk, talk to a friend, eat something and sleep well if you're still not doing well.
If you are doing better that's great. Either way, you have a lot to live for, keep your head up. My DMs are always open if you need to talk to someone.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2022, 09:46:43 PM »

Please go for a walk, talk to a friend, eat something and sleep well if you're still not doing well.
If you are doing better that's great. Either way, you have a lot to live for, keep your head up. My DMs are always open if you need to talk to someone.

As are mine. I understand what you are going through (I go through it myself on a regular basis), and I'd be more than willing to talk to you.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies