The Zenith of Power: Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:31:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Zenith of Power: Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Zenith of Power: Gameplay Thread  (Read 29750 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: February 20, 2022, 12:52:45 PM »

A Statement from the Court in New Orleans

The Call for a Global Summit on Football

It has reached my court that young men from across my realms, and many places on the globe, have begun to play the sport “football”. I have observed this game with my own eyes in the fields and parks of New Orleans and find it pleasant and of good character. My envoys and ambassadors, however, inform me that each town and each nation play the rules according to their own local traditions and customs. I find this upsetting - the arts, of which sport must be considered, have always served as a way for people of different backgrounds and cultures to unite in a common understanding.

For these reasons, I, the King of this United Kingdom, do personally invite representatives of each sporting people to New Orleans at this year’s end to discuss football and agree upon a global standard for the game, ensuring that a boy with a ball in California can understand the actions of a boy with a ball in Berlin.

Furthermore, I, as a man of culture, do form and charter the Football Association of Louisiana. The Football Association shall ensure compliance with the standards developed at the New Orleans Conference on Football, shall organize local and kingdom-wide competitions and tournaments, and shall promote the use of sport as a way to engage the mind, develop the body, and build societal networks. I shall serve as the Patron of the Association and shall name a Chairman and Director in due time.

- King Henry-Philippe, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 05:48:39 PM »

The Incorporation of the Louisiana Petroleum Corporation

Industrialization is the future. Although our great many farmers, growers, and small industries will always play a critical part in our United Kingdom, we must always be prepared for tomorrow. As we have seen in Europe and elsewhere, the future of the world economy is in machines.

As such, I do hereby establish and incorporate the Louisiana Petroleum Corporation (LPC) as a crown corporation of the United Kingdom. For centuries, the occupants of the southern and western reaches of our United Kingdom have known about oil and petroleum and it’s important qualities. I believe that, with the future of machinery and industry, now is the time to properly centralize the discovery, harvesting, and processing of crude oil and petroleum from the wild expanses of our United Kingdom. The LPC’s profits shall be reinvested into the Treasury, and each man employed by the LPC shall be paid a sufficient wage to live comfortably. 

As part of the LPC’s initial charge, a refinery and port will be developed in Texas, to connect our resources with the world market. This shall include a robust rail network to connect with California and New Orleans and sufficient housing stock for thousands of employees. It is my wish that this port in Texas - to be known as New Marseille - shall be a truly interracial city, where whites and blacks and men of all creeds may live and work side by side. If any such arrangement shall ever be possible, it must be possible under such circumstances with an untapped new frontier upon us. 

The LPC’s charter shall be subject to renewal by the National Assembly every 10th year.

- King Henry-Philippe, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 08:28:43 PM »

The Bourbon-Orleans-Bourbon Treaty of 1871

The United Kingdom of Louisiana and the Bourbon Family of Spain have agreed to the following terms:

The United Kingdom of Louisiana recognizes the Bourbon Royal Family’s right to govern Spain;

The United Kingdom of Louisiana and the Bourbon Royal Family agree to a mutual non-aggression pact and the United Kingdom of Louisiana promises to provide non-military supports to the Bourbon Royal Family in Peru from Catholic-Republicans aggression;

The United Kingdom of Louisiana promises to provide safety and shelter to the Bourbon Royal Family at their request in a time of danger; and

The United Kingdom of Louisiana shall transfer 20% of the proceeds for all sugar and rum exports from the Island of Cuba to the personal coffers of the Bourbon Royal Family for the next 50 years in exchange for full, perpetual, and unchallenged Louisianan rule over the Island of Cuba.

Signed with my hand and seal this day,
x Henry-Philippe de Bourbon-Orleans, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 08:43:57 PM »

The North American Treaty (1871),
A Treaty between the United Kingdom of Louisiana, the Kingdom of Mexico, and the Kingdom of Quebec

1.) The signatories, which share a common heritage, history and aspirations towards the future, reiterate their belief in mutual cooperation as the best means to secure stability and prosperity across the North American continent. Therefore, they commit to the following:

2.) Full recognition of their present borders and territories.

3.) A defensive alliance pact, binding the three powers to war against any foreign aggressor, or to intervene against powers seeking to undermine the stability of any of the signatories, upon the written request from the power under threat.

4.) A long-term commitment to building a large-scale railway across the North American continent, linking the signatories together.

4 (a): The North American Rail Commission is hereby established to oversee this project and the subsequent network. Each signatory shall appoint one member of the Commission to represent their Kingdom and their interests. The Commission shall develop and implement a plan to connect the three capital cities, and each major center of population or industry, by 1880. Each signatory shall contribute 1/3 the cost of the project, raised through whatever means each signatory shall determine proper.

5.) Joint participation in a series of economic enterprises aimed at strengthening each nation’s internal market. Such enterprises will involve the use and exploitation of raw resources within Mexico, their refining and processing within Louisiana, and the exportation of different food products from Quebec.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2022, 07:18:02 PM »

Opposition to the Stockholm Conference

Word has arrived in New Orleans of the Stockholm Conference - a plan by a few crowned heads of Old Europe and their allies to carve and divide the African Continent as they see fit for their devises. As a kingdom united in the bonds of fraternity and liberty, the United Kingdom of Louisiana is deeply opposed to this euro-centric colonialism, in the vein of the classical colonialism that had oppressed the New World prior to our fathers and forefathers standing up for our rights and liberties.

What God has given these crowned heads the authority to divide a continent - an inhabited continent - in their own image? What right do these crowned heads have to force their will on already-established sovereign peoples?  What power do these crowned heads have to decide that they are the only peoples fit to decide the governance of the largest continental land?

The United Kingdom of Louisiana  states it’s strong opposition to the carving of Africa as a European plaything - much as they dictated North America in the not too distant past - and declares its support for the right of all voices to be heard in this declaration of overlordship - including those whom will be governed.

I call for either the abandonment of this conference or, at a minimum, the inclusion of a broad scope of voices, including the Africans and those recently under colonial yokes, at the table in a new round of discussions.

- Henry-Philippe, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2022, 09:33:20 PM »

The Declaration of the Rights of African Self-determination
Jointly Issued by King Henry-Philippe of the United Kingdom of Louisiana and King Charles VIII of Naples

We, the undersigned, jointly and wholly condemn the partition of Africa and the African people, beyond the established and recognized boundaries, without the inclusion and consent of the African people.

We, the undersigned, believe that the Stockholm Conference of 1871 is an inappropriate forum for deciding the governance of the African continent and, further, believe that the appropriate decisions makers were not included at the Conference.

We, the undersigned, are alarmed by the belief of some that crowned heads of states many thousands of miles away - who will never set foot upon the land they claim to have authority over - are the universal arbiters of people’s futures.

We, the undersigned, encourage the people of Africa to be allowed to choose their path for themselves, in the eyes and light of God.

We, the undersigned, recommend the people of Africa ignore the Stockholm Conference and encourage those that took part to recant their claims over native African land.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 08:59:53 PM »

The Atlantic Treaty (1871),
A Treaty between the United Kingdom of Louisiana and the New England Confederation

The signatories, in the belief that the North American continent is blessed with strong men, fertile lands, and endless opportunities, urge greater cooperation and everlasting peace in the name of progress. Therefore, they commit to the following:

1.) Full recognition of their present borders and territories, and a recognition of the present boundaries across the North American continent.

2.) A mutual understanding that war is not in the best interest of the Atlantic North American region.

3.) A mutual recognition of the dangers posed by colonialism and the oppression of local populations.

4.) Free and unfettered access to the territorial waters of each nation for the purposes of trade and commerce.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 08:16:15 AM »

Opposition to the Seizure of the Panama Canal

Word has arrived in New Orleans of the Treaty of Bogota and it’s provisions for the seizure of the Panama Canal by the radical Catholic-Republican forces of South America - as well as the betrayal of my dear Mexican kin. The Potsdam Treaty of 1837 very clearly and definitively settled the Panama Canal Question; the Panama Canal is jointly governed in perpetuity by the Spanish-Prussian-Louisianan Panama Canal Commission. This is an established international treaty, hailed by many at the time for solving the Mexican Question, and cannot simply be overwritten and replaced through another treaty signed by none of the parties who comprise the Panama Canal Commission.

I call for either the global rejection of the Treaty of Bogota’s seizure of the Panama Canal and the re-establishment of the authority of the Panama Canal Commission, or else this act of aggression will be seen as a direct attack on, and seizure of, the sovereign territory of the United Kingdom.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 05:45:52 PM »

Opposition to the Seizure of the Panama Canal

Word has arrived in New Orleans of the Treaty of Bogota and it’s provisions for the seizure of the Panama Canal by the radical Catholic-Republican forces of South America - as well as the betrayal of my dear Mexican kin. The Potsdam Treaty of 1837 very clearly and definitively settled the Panama Canal Question; the Panama Canal is jointly governed in perpetuity by the Spanish-Prussian-Louisianan Panama Canal Commission. This is an established international treaty, hailed by many at the time for solving the Mexican Question, and cannot simply be overwritten and replaced through another treaty signed by none of the parties who comprise the Panama Canal Commission.

I call for either the global rejection of the Treaty of Bogota’s seizure of the Panama Canal and the re-establishment of the authority of the Panama Canal Commission, or else this act of aggression will be seen as a direct attack on, and seizure of, the sovereign territory of the United Kingdom.

OOC: Please disregard, I have been informed that there were IG actions in the last game that I wasn’t aware of.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 02:18:14 PM »

Order from the Football Association of Louisiana

Pursuant to the New Orleans Conference on Football, the National League is hereby chartered and established. The League shall be compromised of 10 teams of footballers, paid a stipend for each match played, located in the following cities:

New Orleans
Baton Rouge
Tallahassee
Charleston
Charlotte
Atlanta
New Marseille
St. Louis
Denver
San Francisco

Each team shall play each other team, in accordance with the rules decided at the New Orleans Conference on Football, twice per year and shall receive two points for a victory, one point for a draw, and no points for a loss. The two teams with the highest points totals at the end of the round-robin phase shall play each other in a one-off match to be declared National Champion and receive the King’s Cup.

The Football Association also hereby charters and establishes a National Team of the United Kingdom. This team shall be comprised of the best players from across the United Kingdom who shall meet together from time to time to train and play matches, either against local clubs or other national teams as they shall be established. Players on the National Team will also receive a stipend per match played.

As Patron of the Football Association, His Majesty the King has personally agreed to finance the design and construction of both the King’s Cup trophy and a National Stadium, to be called the Stade de Louis-Philippe I. The Stade de Louis-Philippe I shall be constructed in New Orleans and serve as a point of national pride, as well as the home of the National League Championship final and all matches of the National Team. It is also the hope of the Football Association that the Stade de Louis-Philippe I can be used for other events of national significance, such as Christmas and Easter Masses, coronations, funerals, and important speeches.

Upon the completion of the Stade de Louis-Philippe I, the Football Association aims to hold an international tournament of football, in line with the New Orleans Conference on Football.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 08:51:03 PM »

Speech by His Majesty the King to the National Assembly of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
Excerpts

My fellow Louisianans,

I come before you today at a critical moment in our United Kingdom’s history. While our people together are strong, divided we are weak. As has been shown during the tragedy in New Marseille, our people are currently divided along the lines of race and creed. This saddens me, on a personal level. It is my deep desire to see all of my subjects united as one people.

As such, I believe that now is the time to be bold. That is why I am proposing today the most dramatic legislative package a monarch has ever asked this National Assembly to adopt. I formally submit to this august body the Louisiana Charter of Freedoms and Government Reform Act of 1872. Although some of these provisions are bold, such as the expansion of the right to vote and the advancement of relations between men of varying creeds, many of these provisions are simple codifications of the many rights, liberties, and customs we have all been accustomed to enjoying and practicing our entire lives.

This legislative package is what our United Kingdom needs in this moment. If we want to remain the greatest people on the North American continent, and build our reputation abroad, as we prepare for the 20th Century, then the National Assembly must adopt this legislative package with haste. If not, our United Kingdom faces the very legitimate threat of being left behind in the dust of a rapidly developing world - the same threat that the Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans of the Classic Age faced and succumbed to.

As we see threats appear on our door, disrupting our Pax North Americana that so many of our fathers and forefathers died for, the United Kingdom must be on the forefront of advancement and progress. This legislative package is crucial to the stability of our United Kingdom and the protection of her people against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I ask this National Assembly to take up my legislative package now and to pass it. I assure you that it will strengthen the Crown, strengthen the voice of the people, and strengthen our United Kingdom.

- Henry-Philippe de Bourbon-Orleans, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana

The Louisiana Charter of Freedoms and Government Reform Act of 1872
Submitted as a  Legislative Package by His Majesty the King to the National Assembly of the United Kingdom of Louisiana on January 1, 1872

The Louisiana Charter of Freedoms
1. Although the national religion of the United Kingdom is Catholic, the freedom to practice one’s religion in their home is deeply and intrinsically held by all men and no law shall be passed to infringe on that right.
2. The freedom to think freely, and to criticize or disagree with the government, is deeply and intrinsically held by all men and no law shall be passed to infringe on that right, except in the case of a legitimate danger posed against the United Kingdom. 
3. The freedom to have one’s grievances heard by a court of law is deeply and intrinsically held by all men and no law shall be passed to infringe on that right, except in the case of a legitimate danger posed against the United Kingdom.
4. Although the national langue of the United Kingdom is Louisianan French, the freedom to speak one’s native tongue within their home is deeply and intrinsically held by all men and no law shall be passed to infringe on that right.
5. The right of all men to be paid for their labor is deeply and intrinsically held.

The Government Reform Act
1. The National Assembly shall be divided in 200 contiguous ridings, to elect a single member in a first-past-the-post system. Each riding shall be roughly equal in population, based on the total number of adult men, white and Black, living within its boundaries.
1.a. A separate riding shall be established, to include the entirety of Liberia and the Great Salt Lake municipal region, that shall elect ten members at-large.
2. Every ten years, the National Assembly shall submit a reconfiguration of the ridings, as well as recommendations to increase or decrease the number of ridings, to the Crown for approval or rejection in order to appropriately represent the shifting population of the United Kingdom.
2.a. The riding representing Liberia and the Great Salt Lake municipal region shall be exempt from the provisions of 2.
3. The National Assembly shall sit for a period of not more than five years as long as it shall maintain the confidence of the Crown. The Crown may dismiss the National Assembly at any time, or the National Assembly may dissolve itself by a majority vote, after which new elections must be held within 90 days.
4. At the first sitting of the National Assembly after an election, and at each time thereafter as necessary, the elected members shall elect from their members a Prime Minister, who shall lead the National Assembly, appoint a cabinet of ministers to aid and advise on the governance of the United Kingdom, and serve as the chief liaison of the people to the Crown. The Prime Minister and the cabinet must at all times maintain the confidence of the Crown.
5. The National Assembly shall sit as one body but may establish, as is deemed appropriate, various committees, subcommittees, and special boards.
6. The National Assembly may pass resolutions regarding the national treasury and taxation, education and morality, public safety and health, banking and commerce, and territorial disputes and boundaries between counties. All resolutions must pass the National Assembly with a majority vote of the whole number of elected members and then receive Royal Assent before becoming law.
6.a. If the Crown withholds Royal Assent, a resolution is defeated and may not be considered in substantially the same form before the next election of the National Assembly.
6.b. The National Assembly may not consider resolutions concerning the Crown, religion, the defense of the United Kingdom, war, or foreign affairs.
6.c. The National Assembly shall adopt develop and maintain the various judicial circuits to ensure that justice is administered. The Crown shall appoint, and the National Assembly shall confirm, all judges to all courts appointed under this section.
7. All men shall be eligible to vote who:
7.a. Were eligible to vote in the last election held prior to the enactment of this act, or
7.b. Have been subjects of the United Kingdom for a period of at least 10 years, or
7.c. Have honorably served or are actively serving in the Royal Army or Navy, or
7.d. Own assets valued at at least $1,000, or
7.e. Can pass a basic examination on the history and government of the United Kingdom, the National Assembly, and the Crown, to be determined by their local election official, or
7.f. Lives in Liberia or the Great Salt Lake municipal region.
8. The county shall be the basic form of governance and shall be responsible for the enforcement of laws and public order within their boundaries, including the establishment of local police forces, local court systems, and local public services. Each county shall elect a County Commission, of no fewer than three members and no more than ten members, elected at-large, to serve as the executive body of the county.
8.a. The term of each County Commission shall expire three years after the date of its election.
8.b. Each County Commission shall be accountable to the Crown and the National Assembly and the Crown, through an act of the National Assembly, shall remove any elected County Commissioner who fails to act in the public interest or is otherwise unfit for office.
8.c. A County Commission may vote to establish sub-units of government, such as cities, towns, and villages. All such sub-units will be accountable to the County Commission, the National Assembly, and the Crown.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 05:57:14 AM »

Statement from the Court of New Orleans

On the Appointment of an Ambassador to Naples

It is with great joy that I announce the establishment of an Embassy of the United Kingdom of Louisiana in the Kingdom of Naples and the appointment of an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Neapolitan Court. The embassy staff shall include diplomatic, cultural, military, and religious attachés.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2022, 05:43:49 PM »

The Treaty of Charleston (1872),
A Treaty between the United Kingdom of Louisiana and the Confederation of New England

The signatories hereby reaffirm the principles of the Atlantic Treaty of 1871. Therefore, they agree to the following:

1. A mutual defense and cooperation pact shall exist between the United Kingdom and the Confederation.

2. Tariff-free trade shall exist for trade conducted between the United Kingdom and the Confederation.

3. The United Kingdom and the Confederation shall work towards deeper bonds between the two, through cultural exchanges, economic cooperation, and infrastructure development.

4. A team representing the Confederation shall take part in the New Orleans International Tournament of Football in its first staging.

5. The rights of any subject of the United Kingdom or citizen of the Confederation to travel safely and unmolested within the borders of the other shall be protected.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 07:58:46 PM »

The Education Reform Act
Submitted to the National Assembly on March 1, 1872 by His Majesty the King

1. Each child deserves an education. As such, at least one schoolhouse shall be established within each county for the purposes of educating children between the ages of seven and fourteen.
2. The curriculum of education shall include literacy, civic education, the history of the Crown and the United Kingdom, morality and the Catholic religion, and arithmetic. Other topics that may be covered shall include agriculture, accounting, and geography.
3. All children between the ages of seven and fourteen are expected to attend their local schoolhouse for no fewer than four days per week for no fewer than 26 weeks per year. During harvest or planting times, the county may change their attendance policy at their discretion.
4. No child shall be charged for attending a public school or otherwise barred from attending for reasons of financial insolvency.
5. Nothing in this act shall prohibit schoolhouses established and operated by reputable religious organizations so long as they comply with the curriculum established in 2.
6. Each county shall raise the taxes necessary to fund the schoolhouses within their borders and the United Kingdom may, from time to time, provide additional supplemental funding as determined by the National Assembly and the Crown.
7. Black Louisianan children must be eligible to attend public schools, although they may or may not be housed in the same schoolhouse as white children at the determination of the county.
8. King’s College, the National University shall be established in New Orleans, to serve as a center for higher education in the fields of philosophy, law, politics, economics, theology, military affairs, and business. King’s College, the National University shall be funded by the National Assembly and degrees shall be granted under the authority of the Crown. King’s College, the National University shall be administered on a day-to-day basis by a Chancellor, appointed by the Crown.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 08:38:20 AM »

Statement from the Court of New Orleans

Support for King Charles of Naples

I am extremely disheartened, shocked, and saddened to hear of the brutal attack on the life of my dear friend King Charles of Naples. He has proven himself to be a man of upstanding moral and political quality and will always be welcome in New Orleans. I send the best wishes of the entire United Kingdom to him as he recovers from the horrible suffering inflected upon him by a cowardly assassin. I know that that failed man will suffer far more under God’s judgement than any mortal court could inflect upon him.

In recognition of his awesome brotherhood with the United Kingdom, I am hereby naming King Charles of Naples a Knight of the Order of Crescent in the First Order. King Charles is the first foreigner to be awarded the highest honor of the United Kingdom; he is truly deserving of the honor. Further, I will personally send a physician from my royal medical team to Naples to assist King Charles with his recovery, as well as a team of New Orleans police investigators to Naples to aid the Neapolitan police with their investigation into the perpetrator of the horrid attack.

x Henry-Philippe, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2022, 09:37:40 PM »

Speech to the Nation
Delivered by His Majesty the King to the National Assembly on January 1, 1873
Excerpts

My fellow Louisianans,

I cannot stand before you and offer anything other than the truth: there are hard times ahead. The British have, through their own arrogance and false belief that they are the world’s superior people, brought a Great War to this continent, a continent that had known the Pax North Americana for decades. We did not want this war, we do not want this war, but the British rejected every diplomatic offer that was made.

I sent a personal envoy to the British King early last year and expressed a deep, heartfelt position that war was not in the best interest of the United Kingdom. The King rejected that envoy, ignored his words, and threatened our people with war. He claimed it was his right to use North America the way his people have viewed the world for centuries: his personal garrison, his own personal arsenal, his personal play thing. We could not stand by and allow the people of North America to suffer any longer.

I know the people of the United Kingdom, from Charleston, to New Orleans, to St. Louis, to Denver, to Liberia, to San Francisco, and our new brothers in Bermuda and Jamaica, all understand the cause of this war and lend their support to the men - brave young men - who will give their lives in this British war. This is why I am calling on all Louisianans to voluntarily begin rationing their goods - including food, cloth, oil, and metals - and donate anything they have spare to the war effort. Myself and the Royal Household will do so as well - we must all do our part. That is why I am halting all Royal construction projects and renovations for the duration of the war, and am directing the Royal kitchens to operate a food service for the local unemployed in New Orleans. We are all in this together; we will rise as one people or fall as one people.

I am also asking all able bodied men of fighting age to take up arms against the British occupiers and help our Royal Army liberate our American brothers. Recruiting stations will be established across the United Kingdom for men, between the ages of 16 and 55, to join The Home Guard. The Home Guard will serve with the special task of defending and protecting lands as the Royal Army advances. You will be the defenders of democracy, ensuring the British do not creep back in and poison us from within. All members of The Home Guard will receive half a soldier’s stipend, food, housing, clothes, and the right to vote. Although all men who join The Home Guard are encouraged to bring their own armaments, whatever they may have at home for protecting themselves, I will ensure that every man in The Home Guard has a gun in his hands and bullets in his vest.

Further, I decree that men of color will be allowed to join the Royal Army and The Home Guard. I know that some may find that upsetting, but our brothers in Liberia are critical to this war effort. They love our United Kingdom and they will bleed for it; let them show you. Black Louisianans will be organized in their own units and divisions and commanded by highly trained commanding officers. I ensure you all that they will stand side by side, shoulder by shoulder, step by step with their Louisianan brothers.

Lastly, sadly, I have reason to believe that British spies have infiltrated our Royal Army. That is how, despite our great success in liberating Memphis with minimal blood shed, the British were able to repel us from Knoxville and defeat our Mexican brothers in Virginia. This is a dark place to be - one does not want to have to question the man who sells him his newspaper, shines his shoes, or delivers his milk. But the British are not men of honor and nothing is beneath them in their desperate attempts to cling to power. Any man found guilty of conspiring with the British will be hanged; that is the only punishment fitting for stabbing your own countrymen. To this end I am directing the Prime Minister to establish a special investigative office within the Ministry of Justice to specifically receive, process, investigate, and try reports of treason and British influence. I am also asked the National Assembly to pass legislation creating a special Court of Treason to hear these cases and rule on them in an expedited manner.

We are stronger than the British, we are smarter than the British, we are better than the British. With God’s grace and the will of our people, united, the days of this war will be short. Our children will speak of the glorious sacrifices we made in order to preserve democracy and bring a better, brighter future for all men. That begins now.

God Speed,
His Majesty Henry-Philippe, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 08:43:12 PM »

The North American Treaty (1871), as Amended by the Boston Agreement (1873)
A Treaty between the United Kingdom of Louisiana, the Kingdom of Mexico, the Kingdom of Quebec, and the Confederation of New England

1.) The signatories, which share a common heritage, history, and aspirations towards the future, reiterate their belief in mutual cooperation as the best means to secure stability and prosperity across the North American continent. Therefore, they commit to the following:

2.) Full recognition of their borders and sovereign territory.

3.) A defensive alliance pact, binding the four powers to war against any foreign aggressor, or to intervene against any powers seeking to undermine the stability of any of the signatories, upon the written request from the power under threat.

4.) A long-term commitment to building a large-scale railway across the North American continent, linking the signatories together.

4 (a): The North American Rail Commission is hereby established to oversee this project and the subsequent network. Each signatory shall appoint one member of the Commission to represent their Nation and their interests. The Commission shall develop and implement a plan to connect the four capital capital cities, and each major center of population or industry, by 1880. Each signatory shall contribute 1/4 the cost of the project, raised through whatever means each signatory shall determine proper.

5.) The establishment of a single, tariff-free, North American marketplace for goods, raw and processed, traded, sold, and exchanged at an agreed upon rate in the native currency of each signatory.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 09:41:51 PM »

The Banking Act of 1873
Submitted by His Majesty the King to the National Assembly on March 1, 1873

1. There is hereby established His Majesty’s Banking and Currency Office (HMBCO). The HMBCO will be lead by a Director-General, appointed by the Crown on the advice of the Prime Minister, who shall serve for a term of 10 years, renewable no more than twice.
2. The HMBCO shall have the authority to conduct an audit of all banks and credit unions within the United Kingdom and assess them on:
A. Their amount of assets under management,
B. Their amount of loans currently issued,
C. Their ability to pay their debtors, and
D. Their ability to adequately serve their local community.
3. Any bank or credit union found to be severely deficient in any two of A, B, C, or D will be assumed and directly managed by the HMBCO for a period of not more than five years to correct the deficiencies and set the institution on a correct path. If an institution cannot be corrected within the five year period, it will be closed and it’s assets absorbed by the Treasury.
4. The HMBCO will establish, develop, print, and mint, a single, uniform, national currency backed by solid assets, either gold, silver, or both, as determined by the Director-General, and will enforce the usage of said single, uniform, national currency no later than three years after Royal Assent is issued for this act.
5. The HMBCO will always hold such solid assets as is necessary to support any denominations of currency printed or minted.
6. Any citizen may provide any printed currency to a HMBCO office and receive in exchange the appropriate amount of solid assets at the exchange rate determined by the Director-General through an act of the National Assembly.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2022, 06:20:47 PM »

The Louisiana Nationality Act of 1874
Submitted by His Majesty the King to the National Assembly on January 1, 1874

1. The United Kingdom of Louisiana is, fundamentally, a nation built on the French language, the Roman Catholic Church, and the North American spirit.
2. All schools within the United Kingdom must offer instruction primarily in the French language.
3. All members of the National Assembly must be confirmed members of the Roman Catholic Church and speak the French language with sufficient proficiency.
4. There is hereby established the Sénat de la Louisiana, to serve as a check on the National Assembly and a protection of the fundamental spirit of the United Kingdom, to be composed of 150 members:
A. The Crown shall appoint 100 Senators, chosen for their contributions to the United Kingdom and serving a life-long term,
B. The Primate of the Roman Catholic Church in Louisiana shall appoint 25 clergymen to serve as Bishop-Senators, chosen for their fidelity to the Church, and serving a term for as long as they hold a seat in the Church,
C. The Prime Minister shall appoint 20 Senators, chosen for their contributions to the United Kingdom and serving a term lasting as long as the National Assembly may sit, and
D. The Chancellor of King’s College, the National University shall appoint 5 Senators, chosen for their contributions in education or law, and serving a life-long term.
5. The Sénat de la Louisiana has the authority to reject or amend any law passed by the National Assembly. If a bill is amended by the Sénat, then the bill will return to the National Assembly for approval, rejection, or further amendment. If after three attempts the National Assembly and the Sénat are unable to agree on a bill, the bill will die.
6. No law may receive Royal Assent if it has not been approved by the Sénat de la Louisiana.
7. No vote of the Sénat de la Louisiana may be considered a confidence vote on the Prime Minister. 
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2022, 06:58:10 PM »

Speech by His Majesty the King to the People of Louisiana
Delivered in Baton Rouge

My Fellow Louisianans,

Let me begin first by commemorating those who lost their lives in the savage, brutal British attack on our great City of New Orleans. The standard conventions of war - not engaging with non-combatants, providing care to the sick and wounded, and protecting Holy places - have all been thrashed apart in the Assault on New Orleans. The British Butcher in London has begun a new, dark chapter in the course of human events - a war unlike any seen since the end of the age of barbarism. We will rebuild New Orleans with time, as is only proper, but those who gave their lives defending our city will never be forgotten. Let us move forward to honor and remember their eternal sacrifice.

Despite the devastation in New Orleans, this last year has been more favorable to our cause. Our cousins Quebec and New England have valiantly prevailed in New York, capturing large swathes of territory and further compressing the Bloody British to a rump state in the Mid-Atlantic. Our brother Mexico has provided men, arms, and supplies too valuable to count in all theaters of this Great North American War. For all of our friends and allies we must be perpetually grateful.

Our great United Kingdom was not without great successes of our own in this year past. We now control nearly all of Tennessee and Kentucky, with remarkably little blood shed or loss. We have shown that when you fight for the most noble of causes - freedom and liberty - God looks favorably upon you. In due course North Carolina will be returned to the fold, and Virginia soon thereafter.

Some have questioned the purpose of this war. Let me clear: this is a war of British Aggression, begun when Britain refused my ambassadors and smacked away the hand of friendship without a moment’s hesitation. We have learned, through the repeated refusal of the British Butcher in London to even arrive at the table of peace, that the British seek nothing but war and death and destruction of the free people of North America. A single Briton on the Continent is a threat to the North American people everywhere - white, Black, Francophone, Anglophone, or Spaniard. It does not matter to them. It is even more clear now that our final goal is firmly in sight: the extension of freedom from Pacific to Atlantic, and the vanquishing of the Bloody British from North America forever!

The Great North American War is, sadly, reaching a new phase. A phase where the traditions of gentlemanly war do not apply and whereby any and all men, women, and children are seen as enemy combatants and subjected to the savagery of war. I am disgusted that the human race has reached such a point but the Bloody British have pushed us here. Only a fool, at this point, would sit with a knife as his enemy loads a cannon.

As such, I am submitting to the National Assembly for immediate consideration the War Powers Act of 1875. To complete this war - and assure our victory - we must take unprecedented steps. Pursuant to the War Powers Act, all men of eligible fighting age will be drafted into the new General Army over the next two years. They will be armed, trained, and deployed with all deliberate haste and will provide the tipping point in the balance of this Great North American War. The Bloody British are tired, bruised, and battered. This new infusion of strong Louisianan men will provide the final spark to push them out of North America forever.

The War Powers Act also takes the unprecedented step of commandeering the means of production for the purposes of supporting our men in the front lines. What good is a new broom or washing tub when there’s a man with one bullet and four Hanoverians staring him down? The United Kingdom, with our massive natural bounty, should never leave a man wanting for basic needs when he’s made the ultimate Holy sacrifice of putting on a jacket and defending his country.

We must all do our part and make our sacrifices to the war effort. To that effect myself and my family will be dressing more plainly, eating more simply, and making do with what we’ve got. I know that each and every Louisianan will do their part just the same. Focus on what you can make at home with your own crops or repurpose your old goods into something new - I’m sure the Queen and the Princesses will have their own stories to tell on this front in due time.

Lastly, let us not gloss over the marvelous achievement that our scientists achieved last year. For the first time ever, man has captured on a large scale the ability to generate electricity. Soon we will no longer be subject to the dangers of gas or the poor reliability of candles at night. Soon we will be able to move between home and work or city to city at speeds never before dreamt of. A new age - the electric age - is dawning on the United Kingdom. Let us end this Great North American War with haste so that we can fully enjoy the benefits of this marvelous invention.

The War Powers Act of 1875

The National Assembly finds that the tide of the Great North American War has shifted in the favor of the free people of North America but also finds that the balance of power is not yet set. In order to end the Great North American War and secure a new era of peace, liberty, and freedom, the National Assembly deems it necessary to enact the following.

1. All men between the ages of 16 years and 45 years who were born in an even-numbered month shall be inducted into the General Army of the United Kingdom and must report to their County Commission’s office for processing and assignment within 30 days of the Royal Assent of this act. All men between the ages of 16 years and 45 years who were born in an odd-numbered month shall be inducted into the General Army of the United Kingdom and must report to their County Commission’s office for processing and assignment by January 1, 1876.
2. No man who is injured, lame, mentally incompetent, a criminal, or otherwise physically unfit for service shall be drafted.
3. No man who is a member of the clergy, is studying to join the clergy, or is enrolled in a course of study at King’s College, the National University shall be drafted.
4. No man who is under the age of 25 who has no living siblings shall be drafted nor shall any man over the age of 35 with more than one child under the age of 5.
5. Upon honorable discharge all men shall receive a full pension on their 50th birthday.
6. No factory or tool of industry shall produce non-essential goods for the duration of this Act. All means of production must be employed for the war effort - including but not limited to armaments, munitions, clothing, and canned foods.
7. No person may hoard or overfill their cupboards. Anyone found guilty of taking more than their share shall be guilty of a crime and punished with a fine of no less than $250.
8. All beer, wine, liquor, and spirits will be subject to a 25% tax, paid at the time of sale and remitted to His Majesty’s Banking and Currency Office by the seller on the first of each month.
9. All luxury goods, as determined by the Secretary of State for Mobilization, will be subject to a 25% tax, paid at the time of sale and remitted to His Majesty’s Banking and Currency Office by the seller on the first of each month.
10. There is hereby established the War Office within the Cabinet, led by the Secretary of State for Mobilization, to oversee and manage the provisions of this Act.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2022, 08:10:31 PM »

The North American Treaty (1871), as Amended by the Montreal Accord (1875)
A Treaty between the United Kingdom of Louisiana, the Kingdom of Mexico, the Kingdom of Quebec, and the Confederation of New England

1.) The signatories, which share a common heritage, history, and aspirations towards the future, reiterate their belief in mutual cooperation as the best means to secure stability and prosperity across the North American continent. Therefore, they commit to the following:

2.) Full recognition of their borders and sovereign territory.

3.) A defensive alliance pact, binding the four powers to war against any foreign aggressor, or to intervene against any powers seeking to undermine the stability of any of the signatories, upon the written request from the power under threat.

4 (a): The North American Rail Commission is hereby established to oversee this project and the subsequent network. Each signatory shall appoint one member of the Commission to represent their Nation and their interests. The Commission shall develop and implement a plan to connect the four capital capital cities, and each major center of population or industry, by 1880. Each signatory shall contribute 1/4 the cost of the project, raised through whatever means each signatory shall determine proper.

5.) The establishment of a single, tariff-free, North American marketplace for goods, raw and processed, traded, sold, and exchanged at an agreed upon rate in the native currency of each signatory.

6.) The establishment of the North American College of Science to promote a greater shared understanding of scientific advances between the signatories. To this effect, each signatory shall designate a Chief Scientific Envoy to each other signatory to serve as their liaison for all scientific or technological matters.

7.) A long-term commitment to the electrification of the North American Continent. To this effect, each signatory shall develop a plan for an inter-connected network of electric generation stations and power relays across the continent.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2022, 06:28:24 PM »

Speech by His Majesty the King to the People of Louisiana
Delivered in Baton Rouge, excerpts to be published in major newspapers across the realm

My fellow Louisianans,

As we are engaged in a war in our east with a foreign enemy, a more dangerous viper has emerged in our west: the domestic saboteur. These domestic saboteurs have taken what has been a great four years of national unity and cooperation and brutally shattered that peace. Where our United Kingdom had moved ever closer, in bonds of fraternity, past the old divisions of race, class, and creed, we have now been torn apart once more.

By rights and laws, Frederick Douglass is the one legitimate Governor of Liberia and I hereby direct the Prime Minister and his Government to only engage with Mr. Douglass on all matters relating to the province. Mr. Green is no more than a petty criminal, stealing what is rightfully Mr. Douglass’ position of authority and masquerading about like a mad man. It is utterly shameful what Mr. Green has done to our United Kingdom, and to Mr. Douglass. I give him one week to renounce his treason and present himself to the military garrison in Denver for arrest, trial, and punishment. Should he fail to do so, the rule of law will be re-established.

With immediate effect, the members of the National Assembly from Liberia are suspended from sitting in the Chamber. Only men who swear an oath of loyalty to Mr. Douglass’ governorship and the Crown will be permitted to represent Liberia in the National Assembly. Once that oath has been sworn and their loyalty assured, the elected members from Liberia will be returned to their seats. Any man who refuses the oath, or who Mr. Douglass doubts the loyalty of, will be stripped of their position and arrested, and tried with haste, as a saboteur.

We must show no mercy, no leniency towards these domestic saboteurs. They will meet the full force of the law and our justice and, in time, the judgment of God. But we must all remember that those who have attacked our United Kingdom are a specific brood of men - not all Afro-Louisianans are our enemies. Any man found to wrongfully attack, harm, or harass an Afro-Louisianan man will face trial in Baton Rouge for an unlawful act. Did we all so quickly forget the many thousands of Afro-Louisianans who marched arm in arm, and died man for man, with Louisianans of Anglo and Franco roots in the Eastern War? As we have all learned since the horrors of New Marseille, the Afro-Louisianan man is just as worthy, just as good, just as Louisianan as any of us. It is a shame that a select bunch of traitors have chosen to tarnish the name and good standing of an entire class of man.

Stand strong! Move united! Better days are ahead!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2022, 12:58:48 PM »

TREATY OF ALBANY (1876):
A Treaty between the Francophone party and the British Union,
under Russian mediation,
putting an immediate end to the American War

GENERAL:
• A ten-year non-aggression pact between the Francophone signatories and the British Union. Complete cessation of all hostilities upon the agreement of all parties.
• Demilitarization of the borders in North America between all signatories to deter further conflict.
• An end to trade barriers in the Mississippi River preventing British commerce and navigation.
• An end to the Atlantic blockade on the Francophone party.
• All other economic and transport connections otherwise blocked due to the war shall be removed.
• The release of all prisoners of war, hostages, and other detained persons to their respective party, including dead bodies.
• A pledge from each party to not intervene in the domestic and internal affairs of each respective party.
• Arrangement of an accord in 1876 to regulate or greatly limit the use of chemical weapons in warfare.
• The inclusion of the British Union in a special version of the North American Treaty, excluding Article 3 and the defensive alliance requirement between the Allies and the British Union.
• The British Union, Louisiana, Québec and New England subscribe to a non-discrimination provision, binding them to provide equal treatment under the law to white Anglophones and white Francophones of equal stature and behavior.

TERRITORIAL:
• The British Union shall cede:
•   New Cornwall and the upper half of the Illinois territory to Quebec.
•   The bulk of New York territory east of the Hudson to New England (excluding counties Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk) and half of the New York territory west of the Hudson.
•   Belize, Barbados, and Guadaloupe to Mexico.
•   Jamaica, Bermuda, half of occupied Tennessee, and a part of Kentucky (all territory west of Lake Barkley) to Louisiana.
• Louisiana shall cede North Carolina to the British Union.
• Apart from the cessations aforementioned, the pre-hostilities border shall be retained. Each party shall withdraw military presence from areas no longer in their occupation.

x Philip I, King of Québec

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2022, 02:45:54 PM »

Scando-Louisianan Commercial Agreement of 1876
The Kingdom of Scandinavia and the United Kingdom of Louisiana agree to the following terms:
I . To reduce tariffs between their nations by 15%.
II . To reduce docking fees for Louisianan ships at Reykjavik, Gothenburg, Oslo, and Copenhagen.
III . To reduce docking fees for Scandinavian ships at Charleston, New Orleans, and New Marseille.
IV. To facilitate cooperation between Scandinavian and Louisianan merchant vessels in navigating ice and other treacherous conditions along the North Atlantic trade routes.
xCatherine II, Queen of Scandinavia

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2022, 08:33:10 PM »

Russo-Louisianan Commercial and Diplomatic Agreement of 1876
The Russian Republic and the Kingdom of Louisiana agree to the following terms:
I. To reduce tariffs between their nations by 15%.
II. To reduce docking fees for Louisianan ships at St. Petersburg, Konstaningrad, and Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy
III. To reduce docking fees for Russian ships at San Francisco, New Orleans, and Charleston.
IV. To establish diplomatic embassies in Baton Rouge and Moscow for each country to facilitate ease of communication and cooperation
V. To guarantee a property of the Louisianan government in the International Settlement of Konstantingrad
VI. To conduct a scientific exchange program, including select Louisianan innovations

xAlexsey Suvorin, President of the Russian Republic

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies