The Zenith of Power: Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:54:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Zenith of Power: Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Author Topic: The Zenith of Power: Gameplay Thread  (Read 29613 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2022, 07:49:45 PM »

His Majesty Henry II, aside from celebrating the recent betrothal of Crown Prince Henry and Princess Theresa Maria, announces his intention to find a suitable marriage for his second son Prince William von Hohenzollern (b. 1846, 25 years old).
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2022, 08:06:19 PM »

His Majesty Henry II salutes the bravery of his namesake, His Majesty King Henry V of Spain, in his spirited defence against foreign intervention within his lands. He is pleased that the King and his family have been able to escape unharmed, and he has ensured that the Spanish Royal Family is recieved in Montréal as his guests of honor.

Following negotiations, we are pleased to announce the signing of the Roquefort Settlement, addressing the matter of the Spanish Royalist Fleet and ensuring aslyum and protection for the Spanish Royal Family and any refugees fleeing from the lands under their former and present control.

It is hereby ordered that the transfered Spanish ships, and the crews and officers who decide to remain in Quebecois service, will form part of the Quebecois Pacific Fleet, based in Roquefort.

The Roquefort Settlement (1872)
An Accord between the Kingdom of Spain and the Kingdom of Quebec,

1.) The Spanish Fleet currently based in the port of Roquerfort will hereby be transfered to the ownership of the Kingdom of Quebec.

2.) His Majesty Henry V, his family, and his government will be granted permanent asylum in the Kingdom of Québec.

3.) The Spanish Royal Family will receive an annual stipend from the Kingdom of Quebec, and will be given ownership of a palace and its grounds in Montréal as their personal property.

4.) His Majesty Henry V will be allowed to set up a court and government in exile in Montréal.

5.) The Kingdom of Quebec will open its frontiers to royalist refugees from Spain and South America, expediting the citizenship process for those who want to become citizens, and granting lands for them to settle.

6.) Spanish sailors who so wish it will be allowed into the Quebecois fleet, with their current rank guaranteed.

7.) Spanish soldiers and/or volunteers who so wish it will be allowed into the Quebec military or the Quebec Foreign Legion, with their current rank guaranteed.

8.) Crown Prince Henry of Spain (b. 1860) will be formally betrothed to Princess Theresa Maria of Quebec (b. 1864), daugther of Crown Prince Philip.

x Henry II, King of Quebec

X- Henry V, King of Spain
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2022, 01:22:22 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2022, 11:52:03 AM by Слава Україні! 🇺🇦 »

(Source: Wikimedia Commons)

Offical Firman from the Imperial Court in Kabul

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

I, Emir Abdul Samad Khan, in the current Hijri year of 1289, have the privilege and honor of continuing to lay the foundations of a modern and strong Afghanistan that has begun in the last year. Inshallah, like a pomegranate tree, these programs shall yield their fruits given time and proper nurturing. I shall be brief in laying out my objectives for this year down below.

The Kashmir Crisis

The continued arrogance and evasion of the Xing in peacefully resolving this issue has reached its final climax. We have tried to offer the olive branch to them but if it's war they want, then it's a war they shall have! As such, I am ordering a partial mobilization of my armed forces to not only wage offensive capabilities in the liberation of Kashmir but also for defensive purposes in securing supply lines and defense of the empire should the worst come to happen. 2 divisions of the Army of Karachi and 1 Royal Guard division has been tasked with marching into Kashmir in its liberation. A fortress in Quetta shall be constructed alongside a second fortress in Peshawar. The Bala Hissar shall be strengthened as well. Additionally, 6 new divisions shall be raised with a third of them stationing in Peshawar, the second third stationing in Quetta, and the last third stationing in Kandahar. In this endeavor, I have received a request from the envoy of Her Majesty in Paris in participating in joint operations in Xing-occupied Kashmir and Tibet. In response, I hereby declare that I accept this offer and I am eagerly looking forwards to both of our nations properly punishing the Court in Xian for their insolence.

The Hindustani Question

It may not surprise anyone but the Court in Kabul has closely been watching the ongoing developments in Hindustan. To put it bluntly, we see it as yet another example of the flaws of continued foreign imperialism in the subcontinent. With that in mind, we welcome Her Majesty's Poissy Decrees in their efforts in bettering the state of conditions there and the French attempt at bringing justice to the deceased woman's family. Should the Poissy Decrees be violated, in particular the right for Muslims to openly practice their faith, we will take it upon ourselves, as the Guardian of the Hindustani Muslims, to intervene on their behalf. In addition, we fail to understand why the Poissy Decrees somehow warrants the seizure of all the Portuguese colonies. It is one thing to threaten only Goa itself, but all the rest of them? It doesn't make sense especially given the fact the French had delivered swift punishment to the murderer. As such, we passively support the efforts of Lisbon to gain control of its colonies that are currently occupied by the French. Inshallah, this will be resolved peacefully rather than a force of arms.

- Emir Samad Khan

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2022, 02:18:14 PM »

Order from the Football Association of Louisiana

Pursuant to the New Orleans Conference on Football, the National League is hereby chartered and established. The League shall be compromised of 10 teams of footballers, paid a stipend for each match played, located in the following cities:

New Orleans
Baton Rouge
Tallahassee
Charleston
Charlotte
Atlanta
New Marseille
St. Louis
Denver
San Francisco

Each team shall play each other team, in accordance with the rules decided at the New Orleans Conference on Football, twice per year and shall receive two points for a victory, one point for a draw, and no points for a loss. The two teams with the highest points totals at the end of the round-robin phase shall play each other in a one-off match to be declared National Champion and receive the King’s Cup.

The Football Association also hereby charters and establishes a National Team of the United Kingdom. This team shall be comprised of the best players from across the United Kingdom who shall meet together from time to time to train and play matches, either against local clubs or other national teams as they shall be established. Players on the National Team will also receive a stipend per match played.

As Patron of the Football Association, His Majesty the King has personally agreed to finance the design and construction of both the King’s Cup trophy and a National Stadium, to be called the Stade de Louis-Philippe I. The Stade de Louis-Philippe I shall be constructed in New Orleans and serve as a point of national pride, as well as the home of the National League Championship final and all matches of the National Team. It is also the hope of the Football Association that the Stade de Louis-Philippe I can be used for other events of national significance, such as Christmas and Easter Masses, coronations, funerals, and important speeches.

Upon the completion of the Stade de Louis-Philippe I, the Football Association aims to hold an international tournament of football, in line with the New Orleans Conference on Football.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2022, 06:52:15 PM »

The Treaty of Porto (1872)
A Treaty between the Holy Republic of Colombia and the Kingdom of Portugal

I. The signatories hereby confirm their military, economic, and religious alliance, and hereby commit to the following:

II. Respective diplomatic embassies will be opened in Lisbon and Bogotá.

III. The tariffs for trade between the two nations shall be lowered by 10%.

IV. A non-aggression pact between the signatories.

V. A defensive alliance pact, binding each nation to militarily support the other in the face of any unprovoked foreign attacks.

VI. The shipment of rations and supplies from the Holy Republic of Colombia to the Kingdom of Portugal to support the Portuguese military's efforts in the Spanish Civil War.

VII. The dispatchment of naval advisors from the Kingdom of Portugal to the Holy Republic of Colombia to assist in the modernization of the Colombian navy.

x Archbishop-President Vicente Arbeláez Gómez

The Treaty of Busan (1872)
A Treaty between the Holy Republic of Colombia and the Empire of Joseon

I. The signatories hereby confirm their desire for a peaceful and economically productive relationship, and hereby commit to the following:

II. Respective diplomatic embassies will be opened in Hanseong and Bogotá.

III. The tariffs for trade between the two nations shall be lowered by 12%.

IV. A Colombian consulate will be opened in Busan, and a Korean consulate will be opened in Guayaquil.

V. The Holy Republic of Colombia will prohibit Colombian missionaries from entering any city administered by the Empire of Joseon.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2022, 07:28:08 PM »

The Treaty of Porto (1872)
A Treaty between the Holy Republic of Colombia and the Kingdom of Portugal

I. The signatories hereby confirm their military, economic, and religious alliance, and hereby commit to the following:

II. Respective diplomatic embassies will be opened in Lisbon and Bogotá.

III. The tariffs for trade between the two nations shall be lowered by 10%.

IV. A non-aggression pact between the signatories.

V. A defensive alliance pact, binding each nation to militarily support the other in the face of any unprovoked foreign attacks.

VI. The shipment of rations and supplies from the Holy Republic of Colombia to the Kingdom of Portugal to support the Portuguese military's efforts in the Spanish Civil War.

VII. The dispatchment of naval advisors from the Kingdom of Portugal to the Holy Republic of Colombia to assist in the modernization of the Colombian navy.

X- King John VII of Portugal

The Treaty of Busan (1872)
A Treaty between the Holy Republic of Colombia and the Empire of Joseon

I. The signatories hereby confirm their desire for a peaceful and economically productive relationship, and hereby commit to the following:

II. Respective diplomatic embassies will be opened in Hanseong and Bogotá.

III. The tariffs for trade between the two nations shall be lowered by 12%.

IV. A Colombian consulate will be opened in Busan, and a Korean consulate will be opened in Guayaquil.

V. The Holy Republic of Colombia will prohibit Colombian missionaries from entering any city administered by the Empire of Joseon.

X- Emperor Yi Ho
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2022, 08:51:03 PM »

Speech by His Majesty the King to the National Assembly of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
Excerpts

My fellow Louisianans,

I come before you today at a critical moment in our United Kingdom’s history. While our people together are strong, divided we are weak. As has been shown during the tragedy in New Marseille, our people are currently divided along the lines of race and creed. This saddens me, on a personal level. It is my deep desire to see all of my subjects united as one people.

As such, I believe that now is the time to be bold. That is why I am proposing today the most dramatic legislative package a monarch has ever asked this National Assembly to adopt. I formally submit to this august body the Louisiana Charter of Freedoms and Government Reform Act of 1872. Although some of these provisions are bold, such as the expansion of the right to vote and the advancement of relations between men of varying creeds, many of these provisions are simple codifications of the many rights, liberties, and customs we have all been accustomed to enjoying and practicing our entire lives.

This legislative package is what our United Kingdom needs in this moment. If we want to remain the greatest people on the North American continent, and build our reputation abroad, as we prepare for the 20th Century, then the National Assembly must adopt this legislative package with haste. If not, our United Kingdom faces the very legitimate threat of being left behind in the dust of a rapidly developing world - the same threat that the Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans of the Classic Age faced and succumbed to.

As we see threats appear on our door, disrupting our Pax North Americana that so many of our fathers and forefathers died for, the United Kingdom must be on the forefront of advancement and progress. This legislative package is crucial to the stability of our United Kingdom and the protection of her people against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I ask this National Assembly to take up my legislative package now and to pass it. I assure you that it will strengthen the Crown, strengthen the voice of the people, and strengthen our United Kingdom.

- Henry-Philippe de Bourbon-Orleans, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana

The Louisiana Charter of Freedoms and Government Reform Act of 1872
Submitted as a  Legislative Package by His Majesty the King to the National Assembly of the United Kingdom of Louisiana on January 1, 1872

The Louisiana Charter of Freedoms
1. Although the national religion of the United Kingdom is Catholic, the freedom to practice one’s religion in their home is deeply and intrinsically held by all men and no law shall be passed to infringe on that right.
2. The freedom to think freely, and to criticize or disagree with the government, is deeply and intrinsically held by all men and no law shall be passed to infringe on that right, except in the case of a legitimate danger posed against the United Kingdom. 
3. The freedom to have one’s grievances heard by a court of law is deeply and intrinsically held by all men and no law shall be passed to infringe on that right, except in the case of a legitimate danger posed against the United Kingdom.
4. Although the national langue of the United Kingdom is Louisianan French, the freedom to speak one’s native tongue within their home is deeply and intrinsically held by all men and no law shall be passed to infringe on that right.
5. The right of all men to be paid for their labor is deeply and intrinsically held.

The Government Reform Act
1. The National Assembly shall be divided in 200 contiguous ridings, to elect a single member in a first-past-the-post system. Each riding shall be roughly equal in population, based on the total number of adult men, white and Black, living within its boundaries.
1.a. A separate riding shall be established, to include the entirety of Liberia and the Great Salt Lake municipal region, that shall elect ten members at-large.
2. Every ten years, the National Assembly shall submit a reconfiguration of the ridings, as well as recommendations to increase or decrease the number of ridings, to the Crown for approval or rejection in order to appropriately represent the shifting population of the United Kingdom.
2.a. The riding representing Liberia and the Great Salt Lake municipal region shall be exempt from the provisions of 2.
3. The National Assembly shall sit for a period of not more than five years as long as it shall maintain the confidence of the Crown. The Crown may dismiss the National Assembly at any time, or the National Assembly may dissolve itself by a majority vote, after which new elections must be held within 90 days.
4. At the first sitting of the National Assembly after an election, and at each time thereafter as necessary, the elected members shall elect from their members a Prime Minister, who shall lead the National Assembly, appoint a cabinet of ministers to aid and advise on the governance of the United Kingdom, and serve as the chief liaison of the people to the Crown. The Prime Minister and the cabinet must at all times maintain the confidence of the Crown.
5. The National Assembly shall sit as one body but may establish, as is deemed appropriate, various committees, subcommittees, and special boards.
6. The National Assembly may pass resolutions regarding the national treasury and taxation, education and morality, public safety and health, banking and commerce, and territorial disputes and boundaries between counties. All resolutions must pass the National Assembly with a majority vote of the whole number of elected members and then receive Royal Assent before becoming law.
6.a. If the Crown withholds Royal Assent, a resolution is defeated and may not be considered in substantially the same form before the next election of the National Assembly.
6.b. The National Assembly may not consider resolutions concerning the Crown, religion, the defense of the United Kingdom, war, or foreign affairs.
6.c. The National Assembly shall adopt develop and maintain the various judicial circuits to ensure that justice is administered. The Crown shall appoint, and the National Assembly shall confirm, all judges to all courts appointed under this section.
7. All men shall be eligible to vote who:
7.a. Were eligible to vote in the last election held prior to the enactment of this act, or
7.b. Have been subjects of the United Kingdom for a period of at least 10 years, or
7.c. Have honorably served or are actively serving in the Royal Army or Navy, or
7.d. Own assets valued at at least $1,000, or
7.e. Can pass a basic examination on the history and government of the United Kingdom, the National Assembly, and the Crown, to be determined by their local election official, or
7.f. Lives in Liberia or the Great Salt Lake municipal region.
8. The county shall be the basic form of governance and shall be responsible for the enforcement of laws and public order within their boundaries, including the establishment of local police forces, local court systems, and local public services. Each county shall elect a County Commission, of no fewer than three members and no more than ten members, elected at-large, to serve as the executive body of the county.
8.a. The term of each County Commission shall expire three years after the date of its election.
8.b. Each County Commission shall be accountable to the Crown and the National Assembly and the Crown, through an act of the National Assembly, shall remove any elected County Commissioner who fails to act in the public interest or is otherwise unfit for office.
8.c. A County Commission may vote to establish sub-units of government, such as cities, towns, and villages. All such sub-units will be accountable to the County Commission, the National Assembly, and the Crown.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2022, 09:36:30 PM »

The Treaty of Willemstad (1872)
A Treaty between the Holy Republic of Colombia and the United Provinces of New Holland

II. Respective diplomatic embassies will be opened in Willemstad and Bogotá.

III. The tariffs for trade between the two nations shall be lowered by 15%.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2022, 11:50:00 PM »

Peace of Riga (1872)

An Accord between the Kingdom of Scandinavia and the Russian Republic

1.) Hostilities between the Kingdom of Scandinavia and the Russian Republic will cease, effective immediately

2.) All Scandinavian armies will withdraw from Russian territory immediately, including the immediate return of all captured cities and towns, including St. Petersburg

3.) Peace is declared between these two warring nations, and the beginning of a new era of friendship, amity, and cooperation. To this end, Kingdom of Scandinavia and the Russian Republic will promise to station no more than 20 divisions along our border.

4.) There will be immediate provision for the Foundation of the Russia-Scandinavia Baltic Sea Company for the financing of the reconstruction of the Harbor of St. Petersburg and future trade enterprise.

x Alexsey Suvorin, President of Russia

YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2022, 11:50:35 PM »

Peace of Riga (1872)

An Accord between the Kingdom of Scandinavia and the Russian Republic

1.) Hostilities between the Kingdom of Scandinavia and the Russian Republic will cease, effective immediately

2.) All Scandinavian armies will withdraw from Russian territory immediately, including the immediate return of all captured cities and towns, including St. Petersburg

3.) Peace is declared between these two warring nations, and the beginning of a new era of friendship, amity, and cooperation. To this end, Kingdom of Scandinavia and the Russian Republic will promise to station no more than 20 divisions along our border.

4.) There will be immediate provision for the Foundation of the Russia-Scandinavia Baltic Sea Company for the financing of the reconstruction of the Harbor of St. Petersburg and future trade enterprise.

x Alexsey Suvorin, President of Russia

x Catherine II, Queen of Scandinavia
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2022, 12:02:24 AM »

The Treaty of Willemstad (1872)
A Treaty between the Holy Republic of Colombia and the United Provinces of New Holland

II. Respective diplomatic embassies will be opened in Willemstad and Bogotá.

III. The tariffs for trade between the two nations shall be lowered by 15%.

x Stadtholder Peitr  Mijer
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2022, 12:24:16 AM »

Treaty of Brandenburg:

1) The Kingdom of Prussia and the Habsburg Monarchy reaffirm the recognition of each other's respective territories in Europe, Africa, and Asia resulting from the Treaty of Breslau and Stockholm Conference.

2) The Prussian Government reaffirms its recognition of the territorial integrity and autonomy of the Holy Roman Empire. No ambassadors will be sent to any of the lesser princes and all dealings with the Empire on behalf of Prussia will be conducted through the Emperor in Vienna. King Frederick IV pledges to not interfere with internal deliberations in the Reichstag.

3) The two signatories agree to a pact of non-aggression. Any termination of this pact will require notice of one year.

4) The Kingdom of Prussia and the Habsburg Monarchy jointly agree to recognizing the territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Saxony.

5) In addition to full restoration of diplomatic relations, Prussia and the Habsburg Monarchy will work towards increased economic and mercantile cooperation moving forward.

6) Maria Louisa, Archduchess of Austria, will be wed to Crown Prince Frederick Louis of Prussia

x Charles von Habsburg-Lothringen
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2022, 12:25:16 AM »

Vienna Accord

In the interests of maintaining peace in Germany and across the continent, the Habsburg Monarchy, and the Kingdom of Scandinavia, hereafter referred to as the signatories, have agreed to the following terms:

I . The signatories agree to a mutual defensive alliance in order to protect the status quo in Central and Northern Europe. Any attack on one signatory will oblige the other signatories to commence hostilities with the offending state.

II . The signatories agree to consult one another prior to any negotiated changes in the post-Breslau territorial status quo in Central and Northern Europe.
    a). A veto by one signatory will render any such negotiated change nudum pactum.
x Catherine II, Queen of Scandinavia
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2022, 12:26:29 AM »

Vienna Accord

In the interests of maintaining peace in Germany and across the continent, the Habsburg Monarchy, and the Kingdom of Scandinavia, hereafter referred to as the signatories, have agreed to the following terms:

I . The signatories agree to a mutual defensive alliance in order to protect the status quo in Central and Northern Europe. Any attack on one signatory will oblige the other signatories to commence hostilities with the offending state.

II . The signatories agree to consult one another prior to any negotiated changes in the post-Breslau territorial status quo in Central and Northern Europe.
    a). A veto by one signatory will render any such negotiated change nudum pactum.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2022, 12:28:19 AM »

Treaty of Brandenburg:

1) The Kingdom of Prussia and the Habsburg Monarchy reaffirm the recognition of each other's respective territories in Europe, Africa, and Asia resulting from the Treaty of Breslau and Stockholm Conference.

2) The Prussian Government reaffirms its recognition of the territorial integrity and autonomy of the Holy Roman Empire. No ambassadors will be sent to any of the lesser princes and all dealings with the Empire on behalf of Prussia will be conducted through the Emperor in Vienna. King Frederick IV pledges to not interfere with internal deliberations in the Reichstag.

3) The two signatories agree to a pact of non-aggression. Any termination of this pact will require notice of one year.

4) The Kingdom of Prussia and the Habsburg Monarchy jointly agree to recognizing the territorial integrity of the Kingdom of Saxony.

5) In addition to full restoration of diplomatic relations, Prussia and the Habsburg Monarchy will work towards increased economic and mercantile cooperation moving forward.

6) Maria Louisa, Archduchess of Austria, will be wed to Crown Prince Frederick Louis of Prussia

X-King Frederick IV of Prussia
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2022, 12:32:12 AM »

Chairman Wilson Addresses Congress, January 1872

Friends, countrymen, lend me your ears.

A storm is brewing on our fine continent. After years of peace, it appears that the prevailing wind now blows another direction. British troops are being flooded onto American soil, threatening the sovereignty of our fellow American nations. From Boston to Roquefort, Mexico City to New Orleans, the people of North America pray for peace, but these prayers may not be answered. But, you may ask, where does New England stand in this rapidly shifting landscape?

New England is first and foremost an American nation. And we Americans are a proud, strong people. Once upon a time, a wise man said that 'only Americans can rule America', and never more have those words rung true. Especially here at home, it is crucial that our republican values of self-determination and independence remain protected.

Thus, so long as British troops threaten the frontiers of our neighbors, our American brothers, we cannot in good faith accept any trade deal between our nations. New England stands for peace and prosperity, but we also stand with justice. Against the creeping tentacles of colonization. And arm in arm with our fellow American states, our new allies. New England prays that Britain sees sense, and ceases her bellicose actions, for the sake of peace on the North American continent. Perhaps in that case would a greater understanding between our nations be possible.

But until then, the volatile state of affairs requires a series of military reforms, to ensure the security of the Confederation in a rapidly changing world. Senator Sumner, on my behalf, has sponsored a legislative package to that accord. The minimum age for military service shall be lowered to 18. Each state shall establish a National Guard for the purposes of self-defense. And, a recruitment campaign will be launched to encourage New Englanders to assist in the defense of their nation - stipends for New Englanders serving in the armed forces shall be increased, and immigrants who enlist shall receive accelerated, priority naturalization for themselves and family members with up to one degree of separation. For the moment, conscription will not be enacted, though we hope our nation's finest young men do choose to stand up for the sovereignty for New England and the continued freedom of North America.

Thank you, gentlemen. May God bless the New England Confederation.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2022, 12:41:18 AM »

The Neapolitan Constitution of 1872

1. The Kingdom of Naples is to be regionalised, with each provice electing a provincial assembly. These provincial assemblies will have control over matters such as local roads, railways, housing, and local defence.

2. The legislature shall consist of an upper house, referred to as the Senate, and a lower house, referred to as the Chamber of Deputies.

3. The 350 members of the Chamber of Deputies are to be popularly elected using the proportional represenation system. Elections are to occur every five years, with the Sovereign reserving the right to issue writs for election in the event of prolonged dispute, and the Chamber is to be presided over by a President of the Chamber of Deputies, elected by the Deputies.

4. The government shall consist of the following Ministers, appointed by the Sovereign with the confidence of the Parliament, with at least two Ministers being members of the Senate:

-Prime Minister
     -Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Colonies
     -Minister of Finance
     -Minister of War
     -Minister of Justice
     -Minister of the Interior
     -Minister of Trade
     -Minister of Industry
     -Minister of Agriculture

5. The Senate shall have twelve members from each province's nobility, nominated by the provincial assembly and appointed by the Sovereign.

6. The Senate may debate and vote on Acts passed by the Chamber of Deputies, but may not veto Acts related to the Ministries of Finance, War, Trade, Industry or Agriculture

7. Members of the Senate are to serve eight-year terms, staggered so that half the Senate shall be either reappointed or replaced every four years.

8. The Senate shall have charge of appointing all Judges with advice from the Chamber of Deputies.

9. The Sovereign shall personally appoint men of talent to a Privy Council, to provide advice on matters of State.

10. The Sovereign shall retain Reserve Powers. These Reserve Powers are:

-The power to issue Writs of Election in the event of prolonged government indecision or inability to
     pass budgetary laws
    -The power to appoint and dismiss Ministers of the Crown with the confidence of Parliament
    -The power to exercise veto of all Acts passed by Parliament
    -The power to declare war.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2022, 05:57:14 AM »

Statement from the Court of New Orleans

On the Appointment of an Ambassador to Naples

It is with great joy that I announce the establishment of an Embassy of the United Kingdom of Louisiana in the Kingdom of Naples and the appointment of an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Neapolitan Court. The embassy staff shall include diplomatic, cultural, military, and religious attachés.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2022, 08:57:54 AM »

Statement from the Court of New Orleans

On the Appointment of an Ambassador to Naples

It is with great joy that I announce the establishment of an Embassy of the United Kingdom of Louisiana in the Kingdom of Naples and the appointment of an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Neapolitan Court. The embassy staff shall include diplomatic, cultural, military, and religious attachés.

The Kingdom of Naples will of course reciprocate, establishing a Neapolitan Embassy in New Orleans and appoint an Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary with all requisite attaches
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2022, 05:43:49 PM »

The Treaty of Charleston (1872),
A Treaty between the United Kingdom of Louisiana and the Confederation of New England

The signatories hereby reaffirm the principles of the Atlantic Treaty of 1871. Therefore, they agree to the following:

1. A mutual defense and cooperation pact shall exist between the United Kingdom and the Confederation.

2. Tariff-free trade shall exist for trade conducted between the United Kingdom and the Confederation.

3. The United Kingdom and the Confederation shall work towards deeper bonds between the two, through cultural exchanges, economic cooperation, and infrastructure development.

4. A team representing the Confederation shall take part in the New Orleans International Tournament of Football in its first staging.

5. The rights of any subject of the United Kingdom or citizen of the Confederation to travel safely and unmolested within the borders of the other shall be protected.

Signed with my hand and seal this day,
x Henry-Philippe de Bourbon-Orleans, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2022, 06:32:05 PM »

The Royal Bank of Naples

With this decree, I declare the formation of the Royal Bank of Naples. This will be a step towards achieving financial stability in the Kingdom and allow for easier direction of the economy.

Governance of the Bank will be devolved to a Governor, appointed by the Sovereign on advice of Parliament, and a Court of Directors, consisting of the most talented economists on the Kingdom, appointed by the Sovereign on advice of Parliament.

I sign this charter for the bank to begin 20 years of operation.

x Charles VIII of Naples
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2022, 06:38:23 PM »

The Treaty of Charleston (1872),
A Treaty between the United Kingdom of Louisiana and the Confederation of New England

The signatories hereby reaffirm the principles of the Atlantic Treaty of 1871. Therefore, they agree to the following:

1. A mutual defense and cooperation pact shall exist between the United Kingdom and the Confederation.

2. Tariff-free trade shall exist for trade conducted between the United Kingdom and the Confederation.

3. The United Kingdom and the Confederation shall work towards deeper bonds between the two, through cultural exchanges, economic cooperation, and infrastructure development.

4. A team representing the Confederation shall take part in the New Orleans International Tournament of Football in its first staging.

5. The rights of any subject of the United Kingdom or citizen of the Confederation to travel safely and unmolested within the borders of the other shall be protected.

Signed with my hand and seal this day,
x Henry-Philippe de Bourbon-Orleans, King of the United Kingdom of Louisiana
x Chairman Henry Wilson, New England Confederation
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2022, 07:14:50 PM »

In light of the recent reforms, I hereby issue writs of election on this date.

Elections to the First Parliament of Naples are to occur on the day of June 25th, 1872.

I wish luck to all candidates.

x Charles VIII of Naples

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2022, 07:28:06 PM »

Treaty of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky

The United Provinces of New Holland and the Russian Republic agree to