can economic freedom only be protected
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:21:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  can economic freedom only be protected
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: can economic freedom only be protected  (Read 1884 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2022, 08:17:15 PM »
« edited: February 19, 2022, 08:24:14 PM by state dept is psyop dept »

by declaring war on the World Economic Forum? I mean look at Klaus Schwab - all he needs is mr bigglesworth and he has the look down perfectly. I'm of the view that the next president of the US (since Biden is in bed with the wef) needs to pretty much go full caudillo on the WEF. While it is an illiberal act, it's no less illiberal than what WEFOG (WEF occupied government) Canada is doing. Like I think a future administration basically has to pass a law declaring all of there jargon ("equity", "public-private partnership", "stakeholder capitalism" "esg", "sustainability") to be a religion so that they can't impose there will on people. If you read what these people say (link below) they basically want neo-communism. But a lot of business people are WEF members, which doesn't make any sense. So it's kind of a communism except that instead of "workers" running things it's stakeholders (which i assume is a catch all for business leaders) running things.
https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1492184159179231236
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 08:02:33 AM »

maeks u think
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 07:54:00 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/16/business/neoliberalism-free-market-research.html

“Neoliberalism is dead, but we haven’t developed a replacement,” said Larry Kramer, president of the Hewlett Foundation.

The initial recipients of grants to set up research programs are Harvard University’s Kennedy School, Howard University, Johns Hopkins University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Santa Fe Institute.

The Ford Foundation and the Open Society Foundations have pledged to join the initiative and make grants later this year for research centers abroad, Mr. Kramer said.

all those organizations make anything proposed a nonstarter. Why not go back to post-WWII pre-fall of USSR era capitalism.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 08:29:25 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/16/business/neoliberalism-free-market-research.html

“Neoliberalism is dead, but we haven’t developed a replacement,” said Larry Kramer, president of the Hewlett Foundation.

The initial recipients of grants to set up research programs are Harvard University’s Kennedy School, Howard University, Johns Hopkins University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Santa Fe Institute.

The Ford Foundation and the Open Society Foundations have pledged to join the initiative and make grants later this year for research centers abroad, Mr. Kramer said.

all those organizations make anything proposed a nonstarter. Why not go back to post-WWII pre-fall of USSR era capitalism.

That mode of capitalism was the product of a particular historical context. The US was the only highly industrialized country to not have its infrastructure not completely destroyed by WWII. Along with that, technological changes hadn't yet made the information and services economy so dominant over the rest of the economy as it is today.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 10:14:08 PM »

That mode of capitalism was the product of a particular historical context. The US was the only highly industrialized country to not have its infrastructure not completely destroyed by WWII. Along with that, technological changes hadn't yet made the information and services economy so dominant over the rest of the economy as it is today.

true. But ANYTHING is better than the economic system we have now. Hindsight is 20/20 but we don't seem to have the Ford or Edisons that we used to. To the extent we do - they were sacrificed to ritalin as kids and then excluded from the workplace because they weren't "team players". Now, most of the people in charge of businesses are there because they signed a pact with epstein
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 02:28:20 AM »

I am not exactly opposed to a move away from shareholder uber alles, especially when you consider the incentives that creates in terms of the present global economy. So you could use stakeholder capitalism to argue against moving a plant to china, even though technically speaking that is the most optimal return for investment.

That said, as I have repeatedly stated previous as well, the embrace of these terms by this crew, basically amounts to a PR stunt at best and will be used o justify any number of ridiculous actions as such.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 12:03:13 PM »

the other topic that I don't know has ever been discussed on this forum is transhumanism. I feel that that's what these people might be planning. I don't mean transgenderism but something different:

- weird hologram screens like in scifi
- abolition of natural reproduction and the idea of babies being created/gestated in scientific environments
- immortality drugs (but only for the super elite)
- abolition of free will
- abolition of chicken/beef and replacing it with lab created meat (think edward g robinsons last movie)

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBlues60/status/1511739305357627395
https://mobile.twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/status/1509528175654707203

Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 10:29:00 PM »

I never knew conferences of academics presenting posters and giving each other awards were actually fronts for the new world order.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 09:02:58 AM »

I've never considered myself a conservative as I find a lot of conservatives on twitter (think Josh Hammer) to be borderline fascist. But I seriously think the left has gone too far. Like you could argue that the same people who are trying to start WW3 with ukraine are the same people who

- want to starve you (see formula shortage)
- shipped your jobs overseas
- make your kids hate themselves for being white
- get you fired from your job for wrongthink
- want your kids sexually confused
- want to inject you with experimental sh**t
- flood the border with illegal immigrants and illegal drugs
- want to get rid of your mobility/freedom with electric cars and CBDC
- scammed the entire economy (see ESG and black rock)

In many ways, whatever you want to call this system (international capitalism, neoliberalism) is almost as destructive as communism. You could argue that the cold war was just an A/B test to see which system worked better and that the current system was a "plan b" for communism. The people running the system are basically the same kinds of people who would have been communists a century ago. If the biden admin wants this country to go full theocracy (think Josh Hammer or sohrab ahmari running things) then they might as well keep doing what they're doing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies