TN: Rasmussen: Corker(R) leads substantially against Ford(D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:14:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN: Rasmussen: Corker(R) leads substantially against Ford(D)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TN: Rasmussen: Corker(R) leads substantially against Ford(D)  (Read 5747 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 08:43:17 AM »

Yawn. Now everyone can hop off the Ford train. He never had a chance.

That is what I always said, and it is obviously due to his race.  Funny how we agree on that, AuH2O.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 08:44:21 AM »

Yawn. Now everyone can hop off the Ford train. He never had a chance.

I always find it funny when people start posts with "yawn."  It's like saying, "I knew this all along because I am just the biggest little genius in the world, and it's sooo boring to be right all along when the idiots around me aren't."

Of course, most of the people who are - you know - actually experts on polls would probably disagree with your assertion.

Alas, all the experts share a blind spot that about what AuH2O and I understand - the profound racism of white americans.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 08:55:35 AM »

Ford's ran a decent campaign in this race but, alas, it seems that Corker is pulling away in this race

Ford would he a highly capable senator. For that matter, I think Bob Corker will too but I would really would like to see Tennessee make history on Tuesday

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 08:57:45 AM »

Alas, all the experts share a blind spot that about what AuH2O and I understand - the profound racism of white americans.

Bit of a sweeping statement, opie. Were that the case why isn't Ben Cardin running away with the white vote in Maryland?

Dave
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 09:02:01 AM »

Ford has proven to me recently that he does not have the maturity to be a US Senator. From his recent crashing of a Corker media appearance to his constant whining about a comment Corker made about how his family is in fact a political one. Fortunately, this one wont be a shocker on election night. Bye Harold, call me.
NHPolitico

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »

I read a report, regarding GOP GOTV in TN, that early voting in GOP-heavy east TN is up by about 20,000 voters over what it was in 2004. It's probably going to mean that Election Day turnout there will be up, too.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2006, 09:10:37 AM »

Corker wins by 3%
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2006, 09:13:11 AM »

Ford has proven to me recently that he does not have the maturity to be a US Senator. From his recent crashing of a Corker media appearance to his constant whining about a comment Corker made about how his family is in fact a political one. Fortunately, this one wont be a shocker on election night. Bye Harold, call me.

The gatecrashing by Ford of Corker's media appearance was not the wisest move on the part of Ford but that is was nothing compared to, say, George Allen's behaviour throughout his re-election campaign. And he has quite a few years on Ford

Furthermore, the Republicans have played downright in the gutter with Ford in Tennessee

Dave
NHPolitico

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 09:14:23 AM »

That is what I always said, and it is obviously due to his race.  Funny how we agree on that, AuH2O.

Does race play a part? Yes. But, he's a Democrat running statewide for a federal race in TN (strike 1), he's from Memphis and running statewide in TN (strike 2), and he's running statewide in TN as a single black man (strike 3).   The corruption and craziness that is associated with his family (one of his relatives-- his uncle, I think-- actually shot at my cousin (and others) on the highway years ago) isn't helpful, either.
NHPolitico

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 09:16:03 AM »

Ford's ran a decent campaign in this race but, alas, it seems that Corker is pulling away in this race

Ford would he a highly capable senator. For that matter, I think Bob Corker will too but I would really would like to see Tennessee make history on Tuesday

Dave

Democrats should be happy that a state like TN will have, with Corker and Lamar Alexander, a pretty moderate Senate delegation as far as Southern states go.
NHPolitico

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2006, 09:19:07 AM »

Furthermore, the Republicans have played downright in the gutter with Ford in Tennessee

Dave

A more mature politician (experience-wise, not age-wise) would know that politics isn't tiddlywinks and they'd know how to handle those gut punches the right way.  He knew that the GOP wasn't going to let a Southern Senate seat go Dem without a hell of a fight.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2006, 09:21:36 AM »

Dave

A more mature politician (experience-wise, not age-wise) would know that politics isn't tiddlywinks and they'd know how to handle those gut punches the right way.  He knew that the GOP wasn't going to let a Southern Senate seat go Dem without a hell of a fight.

There is nothing he could have done about this, NHPol - he cannot change his race.
RJ
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 10:52:41 AM »

There is nothing he could have done about this, NHPol - he cannot change his race.

Do you think Ford would be winning this race if he were white?
Conan
conan

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2006, 05:01:52 PM »

If Bredesen ran, he'd win. If we had a moderate dem, which there are a few in Tennessee's delegation we could have won this race. Not a fake conservative, religious abusing, oppurtunist, with a corrupt family from the states most liberal disctrict running.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies