Kathleen rice retiring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 08:40:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kathleen rice retiring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kathleen rice retiring  (Read 1953 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2022, 03:14:21 PM »

I have no respect for grifting assholes like her who stab their constituents in the back and scurry off like the cowards they are to the cushy lobbying job their donors promised them.

Good f**king riddance. It's a shame the Democrats didn't ruin these assholes like they did Sinema. At least she comes from swing territory!

Someone pissed in your cheerios this morning
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2022, 04:41:52 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2022, 06:21:26 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

I have no respect for grifting assholes like her who stab their constituents in the back and scurry off like the cowards they are to the cushy lobbying job their donors promised them.

Good f**king riddance. It's a shame the Democrats didn't ruin these assholes like they did Sinema. At least she comes from swing territory!

Someone pissed in your cheerios this morning

We elected her to do a job. She failed to do that job. That's how it works in the real world.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2022, 11:34:58 PM »

Good riddance
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2022, 09:54:36 PM »

Former Hempstead Town Supervisor Laura Gillen is in.

Former Town of Hempstead Supervisor Laura Gillen announced on Thursday that she is running for Congress in the 4th District.

The position will be open in November after U.S. Rep. Kathleen Rice, a Democrat from Garden City, announced last week that she is not seeking re-election.

Gillen, from Rockville Centre, became the first Democrat to get elected as Hempstead town supervisor in more than 100 years in 2017, but lost in her bid for re-election against current Supervisor Donald Clavin, a Republican from Garden City, in 2019.

Also running is Nassau County Legislator Siela Bynoe.

Siela Bynoe, the Nassau County District 2 legislator, announced that she will run for Congress on Tuesday morning. The Democrat is seeking election in Congressional District 4. Current Congresswoman Kathleen Rice said last week she will not seek re-election.
Rice became the 30th incumbent to decide not to run again, nationwide. The Democrats hold a 10-seat majority in Congress ahead of this year's midterms.

Bynoe, 54, represents Lakeview, Westbury, New Cassel, Hicksville, Uniondale, and Rockville Centre. She was first elected in 2014 and re-elected in November on a platform that focused on economic development and affordable housing as priorities. She has lived in Westbury for more than 40 years.

Got to say, Democrats picked up two solid recruits here. I'd probably back Gillen in the primary for personal reasons, but I'd be happy with either choice.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2022, 11:55:10 PM »

Damn near had a heart attack. Damn near had an attack and thought noted Gottheimercrat and Biden conspiracy theorist Laura Curran was running but very glad to see we're going to have actual Democrats in this seat.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2022, 01:13:43 AM »

Damn near had a heart attack. Damn near had an attack and thought noted Gottheimercrat and Biden conspiracy theorist Laura Curran was running but very glad to see we're going to have actual Democrats in this seat.

The Laura you’re referring to here has already declined to run.

I’m still waiting on endorsements from national progressive organizations, however. (NY-03 is just a few blocks away from my home, and if I had lived over there, I could immediately point to a specific candidate running in that district with such endorsements that I would be willing to vote for.)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2022, 01:29:33 AM »

The Laura you’re referring to here has already declined to run.

I’m still waiting on endorsements from national progressive organizations, however. (NY-03 is just a few blocks away from my home, and if I had lived over there, I could immediately point to a specific candidate running in that district with such endorsements that I would be willing to vote for.)

I could be very wrong about both Gillen and Bynoe, but I don't believe either of them are progressive enough for Daily Kos crowd, and most progressive organizations. The battle for groups like EMILY's List could be more interesting.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2022, 02:52:30 PM »

The seat is a possible R flip.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2022, 06:20:05 PM »

This is actually NOT Safe D. Another instance of people not recognizing potentially vulnerable blue-leaning seats.

I've noticed this as well. People will say that it's going to be a Republican wave, but then dismiss as "Safe D" the kind of seats that could absolutely flip in a Republican wave.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2022, 07:33:50 PM »

This is actually NOT Safe D. Another instance of people not recognizing potentially vulnerable blue-leaning seats.

I've noticed this as well. People will say that it's going to be a Republican wave, but then dismiss as "Safe D" the kind of seats that could absolutely flip in a Republican wave.

This probably depends on just who the Republicans are able to recruit, honestly. They need a strong candidate, like Ed Ra or Kate Murray to win the seat. I don't think the current Republican candidate is anywhere strong enough to make the seat competitive, unless we're talking about an environment where the general congressional ballot is R+12 or more.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2022, 05:54:15 PM »

Nassau County Legislator Carrie Solages is in.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2022, 03:29:57 PM »

Siela Bynoe has ended her campaign.

Nassau County Legislator Siela Bynoe (D-Westbury) has suspended her campaign for Congress.

The Democrat, who launched her bid on Feb. 22, was vying for the seat held by the retiring Kathleen Rice.

Bynoe released a statement on Tuesday and blamed the recent redistricting for her decision.

"In the early morning hours of Saturday, May 21st, we were incredibly disheartened to learn that the Westbury-New Cassel community has been carved out of the Fourth Congressional District, placing my family home within the Third Congressional District," she said.

Bynoe said the last several days were "filled with extensive discussion, reflection and prayer."

Among the candidates headed for the rescheduled primary on August 23 are former Town of Hempstead supervisor Laura Gillen and Malverne Mayor Keith Corbett.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies