Bush Laments ‘Tone’ In Washington
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:17:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush Laments ‘Tone’ In Washington
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush Laments ‘Tone’ In Washington  (Read 1845 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 11:12:57 AM »

How short our memories are.  I'd be careful before I started wishing that we could go back to the good old days when instead of calling Democrats wimpy, Republicans called them rapists and murderers.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 12:34:15 PM »

He really is.  After all that people like you have done to raise the tone to a more civil level, he has no right to complain.
LOL. I didn't know that jfern was responsible for the destruction of America. You truly are a comedy goldmine.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 09:03:26 PM »

Lamenting the tone is one thing, apologising for setting it is quite another. I remember a certain George W Bush wanting to be a "uniter, not a divider". The goodwill in the wake of September 11 has been squandered. Not to mention the fact that a country I love is now widely reviled in the wider world, that is essentially his doing and I'll never forgive him for it

I think that's a pretty ridiculous statement.  Strong anti-US sentiment long predates Bush.  The fact that the goodwill in the wake of Sept. 11th wore off certainly isn't all Bush's fault.  There are many, many people who are happy to weep over the fate of victims, so long as they don't fight back.  Goodwill from such people will only remain as long as you stay a victim.

Well, I certainly think the standing of the US has diminished a hell of a lot under Bush's presidency, which has undermined the American president's effectiveness as leader of the free world

Looking on the bright side, one day that America will elect a President, who is capable of commanding, and sustaining, widespread international respect but more importantly capable of providing effective global leadership because the challenges ahead are immense

Dave
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 08:59:03 AM »

He really is.  After all that people like you have done to raise the tone to a more civil level, he has no right to complain.
LOL. I didn't know that jfern was responsible for the destruction of America. You truly are a comedy goldmine.

You poor dear, you've not only lost your mind, but also your ability to read.  Please get back on your meds, darling.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 09:01:38 AM »

Lamenting the tone is one thing, apologising for setting it is quite another. I remember a certain George W Bush wanting to be a "uniter, not a divider". The goodwill in the wake of September 11 has been squandered. Not to mention the fact that a country I love is now widely reviled in the wider world, that is essentially his doing and I'll never forgive him for it

I think that's a pretty ridiculous statement.  Strong anti-US sentiment long predates Bush.  The fact that the goodwill in the wake of Sept. 11th wore off certainly isn't all Bush's fault.  There are many, many people who are happy to weep over the fate of victims, so long as they don't fight back.  Goodwill from such people will only remain as long as you stay a victim.

Well, I certainly think the standing of the US has diminished a hell of a lot under Bush's presidency, which has undermined the American president's effectiveness as leader of the free world

Looking on the bright side, one day that America will elect a President, who is capable of commanding, and sustaining, widespread international respect but more importantly capable of providing effective global leadership because the challenges ahead are immense

Dave

I think Bush's forte has not been in building coalitions.

However, I think those who simply blame him are rewriting history.  The 'goodwill' after Sept. 11th was never what you said it was.  Even right after that, large numbers of people blamed the US and Israel for Sept. 11th, including many in Europe.

Many people simply don't want to face up to reality and real challenges.  It's easier to blame and hate Bush.  Their attitude toward Bush and by extension the US is more a product of their own cowardice and psychological weakness than anything Bush has or hasn't done.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies