2022 MLB Season Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:34:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2022 MLB Season Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Author Topic: 2022 MLB Season Thread  (Read 12678 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2022, 07:26:26 AM »

Dodgers lost, the White Sox are only 5 back of the Twins I hope they do well they have Yasmani Grandel catcher that was cut by the Dodgers they should of beaten the Astros last year the way the Astros played against the Braves

But, I know Dodgers, Mets, Astros are Favs but since I am in Cook County until further notice, I have to root for Chicago teams
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2022, 08:14:15 AM »

Dodgers lose another series to the pirates 🏴‍☠️ 😂😭. Meanwhile the METS 😎 crushed the Nationals and thanks to the Braves dropping their game against the DBacks 🐍, the METS 😎 have a beautiful 🤩 10.5 lead in the NL East 🙌
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2022, 01:22:01 AM »

Dodgers lose another series to the pirates 🏴‍☠️ 😂😭. Meanwhile the METS 😎 crushed the Nationals and thanks to the Braves dropping their game against the DBacks 🐍, the METS 😎 have a beautiful 🤩 10.5 lead in the NL East 🙌

I am no longer in Cali but that's the way Dodgers and Cali teams play that they lose to pathetic teams but when the going gets tough they rise to the occasion that's why Dodgers beat the Mets

Rams lost to Arizona Cards in the regular season but Stafford grew up big time when he beat the BUCS

But, now that I am in IL again I am gonna root for East teams like the Celts upset the Warriors just like Raptures did, Jayson Tatum needs to be in the Hall of Fame like Stephen Curry will be due to 3 titles already and I am gonna root for the Packers next yr
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2022, 01:28:52 AM »

I am no longer in Cali but that's the way Dodgers and Cali teams play that they lose to pathetic teams but when the going gets tough they rise to the occasion that's why Dodgers beat the Mets

Rams lost to Arizona Cards in the regular season but Stafford grew up big time when he beat the BUCS

But, now that I am in IL again I am gonna root for East teams like the Celts upset the Warriors just like Raptures did, Jayson Tatum needs to be in the Hall of Fame like Stephen Curry will be due to 3 titles already and I am gonna root for the Packers next yr
PACKERS? Aren't you a Chicagoan? It's one thing to cheer for the Bucks or Brewers, but the PACKERS?

I haven't watched an NFL game in over a decade. The Bears could play in the Super Bowl and I probably wouldn't even watch, though I'd root for them in spirit.  But even the tiny amount of blue and orange in my blood is enough to prevent me from ever, ever rooting for the Packers.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2022, 02:05:37 PM »

Joe Girardi has been fired as manager of the Philadelphia Phillies.

I know the Phillies have underperformed to this point, but the beginning of June seems way too early to me to fire a manager.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2022, 04:00:54 PM »

Miguel Andujar has requested a trade from the New York Yankees.

I'm kind of hoping the Mets make an offer for Andujar. He'd be an upgrade over Eduardo Escobar in my opinion.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2022, 12:50:20 AM »

Hey OC as a Dodgers fan I’d curious on your thoughts on WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT SH*T at the end of the Mets-Dodgers game tonight. Does Roberts legitimately not know the rules or was he trying to pull something?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2022, 10:35:45 AM »

Hey OC as a Dodgers fan I’d curious on your thoughts on WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT SH*T at the end of the Mets-Dodgers game tonight. Does Roberts legitimately not know the rules or was he trying to pull something?

Eh, with the deficit being exactly five runs, I'm inclined to think he just screwed up regarding the rule.  It's easy to see how someone might think "fewer than five runs" as opposed to "five runs or fewer".
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2022, 12:21:47 PM »

Miguel Andujar has requested a trade from the New York Yankees.

I'm kind of hoping the Mets make an offer for Andujar. He'd be an upgrade over Eduardo Escobar in my opinion.
Making a (maybe?) marginal improvement on Escobar (who we just paid) is not worth giving up pieces in a trade.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2022, 04:28:48 PM »

Dallas Kuechel, recently released by the White Sox, has agreed to a Minor League Deal with the Diamondbacks.

Not a bad deal for Arizona, which quite frankly, needs an upgrade for it's fifth starter from Humberto Castellanos, and Kuechel, despite his horrible performance so far, should be able to provide that.

That said, I was expecting him to sign with a contender, especially the Cardinals, Blue Jays or Rays.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2022, 07:21:02 PM »

Keuchel is so abominably awful I would rather pitch an average AAA starter over him.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2022, 07:29:34 PM »

This rule has only been in place for 270 games (and a small portion of those lacking a DH). It's a nonsense COVID rule that really has no point. Who can keep up with all these arbitrary rules existing to protect jobs of the last arm in the bullpen? Any player should be able to play any position.

And pitchers should hit.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2022, 07:30:51 PM »

This rule has only been in place for 270 games (and a small portion of those lacking a DH). It's a nonsense COVID rule that really has no point. Who can keep up with all these arbitrary rules existing to protect jobs of the last arm in the bullpen

Giving up when losing by 5 runs is also very very stupid. Position players pitching has lost its novelty when single digit leads are now fair game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2022, 04:34:40 PM »

Joe Maddon has been fired as Manager of the Los Angeles Angels.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2022, 05:55:43 PM »

The Braves won their 10th straight, their longest winning streak since 2013, and have closed to within six games of the Mets.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2022, 07:21:29 PM »

The Braves won their 10th straight, their longest winning streak since 2013, and have closed to within six games of the Mets.
6.5 when Mets win tonight 😎
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2022, 10:29:53 PM »

So happy the Cards are back in 1st in the NL Central where we belong, thanks to a long losing streak by the Brewers.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2022, 02:14:52 AM »

Walker Buehler out with a right forearm strain, likely done for season.

Los Angeles Dodgers ace Walker Buehler won't throw for six-to-eight weeks because of a flexor strain in his right elbow, making late this season the most optimistic timetable for his return to a major league mound.

Buehler left Friday night's start at San Francisco after four innings when his elbow began bothering him. After the game, Buehler said he's dealt with occasional soreness in his elbow in recent years, and he expressed concern.

Buehler was placed on the 15-day injured list Saturday and flew to Los Angeles for an MRI. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said "as of now, yes," when asked if Buehler could pitch for Los Angeles again this season.

If Buehler does resume throwing in six weeks, he would then have to build up arm strength and throw bullpens and batting practice before a likely minor league injury rehabilitation assignment.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2022, 08:32:01 AM »

6.5 5.5 when Mets win lose tonight 😎

FTFY
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2022, 08:51:32 AM »

6.5 5.5 when Mets win lose tonight 😎

FTFY

🤬 5.5 is still solid and after this forsaken trip is done our schedule is a lot easier and Jake/Mad Max coming back
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2022, 06:50:28 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2022, 01:53:46 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Max Muncy is a dud 125 he needs to get traded, they traded Pollack's and he hit goods for White Sox I was never a Dave Roberts fan he won that World Series because they didn't play NL Easy team's they won it by playing NL West CO, AZ, SD, and Giants they beat up on and only played 60 games
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2022, 09:19:01 PM »

Hyun Jin Ryu will have surgery on his elbow, will miss the rest of the season.

Blue Jays left-hander Hyun Jin Ryu will miss the rest of the season because of ligament damage in his elbow, the team announced Tuesday.

The extent of the damage and the precise nature of the surgery required to repair it is still unknown, but general manager Ross Atkins said Ryu will not pitch again in 2022. Atkins said the best-case scenario would see Ryu returning in the second half of 2023.

Tough loss for the Blue Jays, as other than Kevin Gausman and Ross Stripling, none of the Blue Jays starters have been pitching well. I'd expect the Blue Jays, currently second in the AL East, eight games behind the Yankees, and holding the top Wild Card spot in the AL, to be in the market for starting pitching ahead of the trade deadline next month.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2022, 03:39:32 AM »

Cardinals RHP Miles Mikolas came within a strike of a no-hitter against the Pirates last night in the 2nd game of the day-night twin bill. Cardinals CF Harrison Bader almost came up with a game-ending and no-no-saving catch, only for it to barely miss him and bounce over the fence.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2022, 04:45:12 PM »

Cardinals RHP Miles Mikolas came within a strike of a no-hitter against the Pirates last night in the 2nd game of the day-night twin bill. Cardinals CF Harrison Bader almost came up with a game-ending and no-no-saving catch, only for it to barely miss him and bounce over the fence.
if we had a good SS and another good arm in the rotation, this would be great team.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2022, 12:26:24 AM »

Houston Astros pitchers Phil Maton and Luis Garcia both threw immaculate innings against the Texas Rangers, the first time two immaculate innings were thrown on the same day, let alone in the same game, let alone by the same team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies