Fed plans to raise rates as soon as March to cool inflation

<< < (2/48) > >>

PSOL:
I am concerned that the rate hikes, if heading at or over 2%, would lead us into another recession. Projected economic growth, especially done by households or private investment is much too low to get us out of this slump. Inflation is indeed much too high, but I’m worried of putting this already weak economy on a path of lesser economic growth. I think it would be best to wait a few months into the summer and introduce a small rate hike then or when inflation hits 10%, whichever one comes first.

jaichind:
Grain prices like wheat and soybeans are surging almost 2% today on supply concerns to 9 year highs.

It’s so Joever:
Quote from: jaichind on February 23, 2022, 01:36:41 PM

Grain prices like wheat and soybeans are surging almost 2% today on supply concerns to 9 year highs.

Thanks Putin.

jaichind:
Quote from: STAND WITH UKRAINE on February 23, 2022, 06:46:06 PM

Quote from: jaichind on February 23, 2022, 01:36:41 PM

Thanks Putin.

Actually this is mostly about South America.  Recent Oil prices surge you can point to the current crisis in Russia-Ukraine but on the short run Russia is making a killing off falling RUB and rising energy prices.

PSOL:
Ok, with the recent events a rate hike may be necessary, but it should be handled very delicately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page