Fed plans to raise rates as soon as March to cool inflation

<< < (45/48) > >>

MillennialModerate:
Don’t want to read back further but does anyone who knows about these things see at least a period where they don’t raise rates? A decrease would be awesome but at least a period where rates aren’t raised

jaichind:
Amazing what a rise in real short term interest rates would do in combination of years of QE

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.:
Quote from: De Blasio's Black Son on December 04, 2022, 01:41:05 PM

It does seem like since 1970, we have experienced an era of permanent decline. A "recession" or two will occur every decade, but the economy will remain stagnant for most of the decade. No real growth. Savings is a myth. Prices going up. It's unfortunate. The fed changed the nature of the world

The big monetary policy change around 1970 was the Nixon shock, not the Fed, but yeah, there is decent circumstantial evidence (if you start from certain priors) that the shift to pure fiat money contributed to our economy's long-term unsoundness.

Alcibiades:
Quote from: Ed Miliband Revenge Tour on December 07, 2022, 08:58:38 PM

It does seem like since 1970, we have experienced an era of permanent decline. A "recession" or two will occur every decade, but the economy will remain stagnant for most of the decade. No real growth. Savings is a myth. Prices going up. It's unfortunate. The fed changed the nature of the world

The big monetary policy change around 1970 was the Nixon shock, not the Fed, but yeah, there is decent circumstantial evidence (if you start from certain priors) that the shift to pure fiat money contributed to our economy's long-term unsoundness.

I have to say, I didn’t have you pegged down as a goldbug, Nathan.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.:
Quote from: Alcibiades on December 07, 2022, 09:04:13 PM

Quote from: Ed Miliband Revenge Tour on December 07, 2022, 08:58:38 PM

I have to say, I didn’t have you pegged down as a goldbug, Nathan.

The "certain priors" include "being a monetarist", which I'm not (thank God and thank my mother for raising me with Milton Friedman as a hate object, once I was old enough to be told about him).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page