LGC 5.8 - To fight back against voter fraud
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:17:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 5.8 - To fight back against voter fraud
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGC 5.8 - To fight back against voter fraud  (Read 479 times)
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2022, 09:10:25 AM »
« edited: February 02, 2022, 06:47:33 PM by Utah Neolib »

A RESOLUTION
To fight back against voter fraud

Be it enacted by the Lincoln General Court
Section 1.

1. The Region of Lincoln recognizes Donerail as the rightful governor of the South and offers its support against those trying to usurp his power.

2. This support is conditional that the government of the South repudiate any alliances with Wulfricist forces.
[/quote]

Sponsor: Beesley
(Bill has been revoked from the floor)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 11:18:30 AM »

This has exactly as much to do with voter fraud as the horsehockey about the June presidential election, a similar amount of actual fraud exists in each case, and this will do the same to “fight back” against it as the useless posturing at windmills in the name of “patriotism.”

Speaking as a private citizen, this tired pretence has sat too long on AFE/AFG for any good it has been doing, and it certainly does not need to be business that Lincoln or the Court concerns itself with. I hope everyone recognizes that.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 12:07:35 PM »

If we do not have secure elections, then the capacity for traitors and despots to get in power is even greater than in volatile times such as this. LouisvilleThunder is not the righteous Governor of the South, and has shown deplorable conduct. This sorry episode should be a footnote in history, and in showing solidarity with Donerail, the rightful Governor of the South, we may use this final chance to be on the right side of said history - the price residents of the South may have to pay by letting uncertainty and conflict continue is too much to contemplate. This resolution reaffirms those beliefs to be true and continues our efforts to unite Atlasia.

However, it is essential that we do not lurch from one extreme to another, and don't appease hostile powers who will seek to use this for their own power plays. In particular, the people of Lincoln remember how much they suffered under the scourge of Wulfricism, and this resolution reaffirms our commitment as a region to condemn Wulfric, his poisonous ideology and his deplorable actions. It appears that Wulfric has changed sides again, and any commitment of his to this course or any support for this resolution should not be seen as a sign of friendship.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 12:25:05 PM »

If we do not have secure elections, then the capacity for traitors and despots to get in power is even greater than in volatile times such as this. LouisvilleThunder is not the righteous Governor of the South, and has shown deplorable conduct. This sorry episode should be a footnote in history, and in showing solidarity with Donerail, the rightful Governor of the South, we may use this final chance to be on the right side of said history - the price residents of the South may have to pay by letting uncertainty and conflict continue is too much to contemplate. This resolution reaffirms those beliefs to be true and continues our efforts to unite Atlasia.

However, it is essential that we do not lurch from one extreme to another, and don't appease hostile powers who will seek to use this for their own power plays. In particular, the people of Lincoln remember how much they suffered under the scourge of Wulfricism, and this resolution reaffirms our commitment as a region to condemn Wulfric, his poisonous ideology and his deplorable actions. It appears that Wulfric has changed sides again, and any commitment of his to this course or any support for this resolution should not be seen as a sign of friendship.
You don't even know me yet you are using such strong language, lol. It's disgraceful that you seem to have been spoonfed such joke legislation instead of governing responsibly. You speak of "don't appease hostile powers who will seek to use this for their own power plays." But you're actually working to make Lincoln a puppet for Fremont and Truman.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 12:30:59 PM »

[Y]ou're actually working to make Lincoln a puppet for Fremont and Truman.
Based.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 01:07:46 AM »

This is just absurd honestly
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 12:02:08 PM »

Just re-read the SOAP and realized that the speaker can move to revoke something from the floor.
I move to revoke this from the floor, due to it being absurd. (Revoking something from the floor requires a simple majority, 3 out of 5)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 03:04:22 AM »

Just re-read the SOAP and realized that the speaker can move to revoke something from the floor.
I move to revoke this from the floor, due to it being absurd. (Revoking something from the floor requires a simple majority, 3 out of 5)
I support
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 03:13:05 AM »

I support

Respectfully, who cares.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 11:35:51 AM »

I support

Respectfully, who cares.
I am a member of this legislature. You are not.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2022, 04:53:51 PM »

I support

Respectfully, who cares.
I am a member of this legislature. You are not.
We are the heroes of the people. You are not.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 04:56:24 PM »

Can I ask if you have always held this stance?
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2022, 07:05:01 PM »

Memes get old
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 09:55:30 PM »

Memes get old

Apologies for not treating the very fun, active, engaging, and purposeful game of Atlasia with the gravity it deserves.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 10:07:18 PM »

Memes get old

Apologies for not treating the very fun, active, engaging, and purposeful game of Atlasia with the gravity it deserves.
When did I say that memes were bad?
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2022, 10:07:56 PM »

AYE on revoking this legislation
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2022, 10:18:28 PM »

Aye on revoking this
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 02:38:42 AM »

Aye
Brother Jonathan

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2022, 08:16:43 AM »

Aye
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2022, 03:45:29 PM »

Aye
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2022, 06:47:05 PM »

Everyone has voted.
5 have voted in favor of revoking from the floor, and 0 have voted nay.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2022, 07:54:53 AM »

Everyone has voted.
5 have voted in favor of revoking from the floor, and 0 have voted nay.

Never let anyone levy the unfair accusation that the Lincoln Court supports fighting voter fraud.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies