Are you happy that the 1990s Utah Jazz never won an NBA championship?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:40:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Are you happy that the 1990s Utah Jazz never won an NBA championship?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are you happy that the 1990s Utah Jazz never won an NBA championship?  (Read 392 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2022, 11:33:18 PM »

Karl Malone is accused of being a pedophile, John Stockton is an anti-vaxxer, and Jeff Hornacek and his daughter are rightwingers. His daughter, Abby Hornacek is a MAGAite on Fox News.

Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 11:50:47 PM »

Karl Malone is also a Republican and big NRA enthusiast.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 06:37:28 AM »

Yes, as like any 90s kid in Chicagoland.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 09:59:31 AM »

Yes, as like any 90s kid in Chicagoland.

This!
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 12:15:06 AM »

Karl Malone is accused of being a pedophile,
Not accused. Malone is a child rapist. He's only accused if you think his son born to a 13 year old girl (12 years old during conception) is an optical illusion.

Go Bulls
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 01:55:10 AM »

Yes, because as I've said in another thread I base what sports teams to support on how the areas they are on vote. Now granted they'd be fine if they were the Salt Lake City Jazz...but they're the Utah Jazz and thus need to be judged on how the state of Utah votes.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 02:21:34 AM »

Yes, because as I've said in another thread I base what sports teams to support on how the areas they are on vote. Now granted they'd be fine if they were the Salt Lake City Jazz...but they're the Utah Jazz and thus need to be judged on how the state of Utah votes.

Doesn't that state vs. city mindset make your local favorites (all of whom go by Minnesota... and not Minneapolis...) less rootable?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 02:28:44 AM »

Doesn't that state vs. city mindset make your local favorites (all of whom go by Minnesota... and not Minneapolis...) less rootable?
No because that's a superceding factor, except for the University of Minnesota who I'd support Brigham Young University over. Similarly all NFL teams are ahead of the Green Bay Packers.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 11:25:20 AM »

The fact that the Jazz go by that "misnomer" makes them an HP. 

At their peak, losing twice to the Bulls, a ridiculous amount of the team value was made up by those three players.  Byron Russel was a fine 4th player, but the bench was awful and while Jerry Sloan was a fine coach, his desire to play "My Fair Lady" with Ostertag  was their great failure.  It's the fact that the Bulls had a better team, not just MJ, that they won both times.

As for the players at hand, you can't undo what Malone did, maybe Stockton can get some mental health expert to make him not crazy, Hornacek probably won't get a shot to HC again, though I feel bad he felt he had to coach the Knicks for awhile.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 05:56:42 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2022, 07:45:16 PM by 7,052,770 »

No because that's a superceding factor, except for the University of Minnesota who I'd support Brigham Young University over. Similarly all NFL teams are ahead of the Green Bay Packers.

Why do you hate the Gophers? Are they hockey rivals with Minnesota State? (Do they ever even play in other sports?)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 08:21:17 PM »

At their peak, losing twice to the Bulls, a ridiculous amount of the team value was made up by those three players.  Byron Russel was a fine 4th player, but the bench was awful and while Jerry Sloan was a fine coach, his desire to play "My Fair Lady" with Ostertag  was their great failure.  It's the fact that the Bulls had a better team, not just MJ, that they won both times.

As for the players at hand, you can't undo what Malone did, maybe Stockton can get some mental health expert to make him not crazy, Hornacek probably won't get a shot to HC again, though I feel bad he felt he had to coach the Knicks for awhile.

They could have won it in 1999 with a Jordan-less league.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 10:06:48 PM »

Jazz got older while the Spurs and Lakers got better
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 10:08:16 PM »

So when was their last chance? 1994-95 before the 72-win Bulls?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 10:19:55 PM »

Why do you hate the Gophers? Are they hockey rivals with Minnesota State? (Do they ever even play in other sports?)
Yes, along with the University of North Dakota, my brother's school, so not big on them either.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2022, 02:44:09 PM »

Can't say I followed them that closely to say, but obviously their best chances were the two years they made the finals.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2022, 03:33:39 PM »

It would be crazy to say they didnt have a chance in 97 and 98 given how close both series were(especially 97). In 1997 3 of the 4 games they lost were all within 5 points , and in 1998 if MJ didnt make that steal and that last shot that series would have gone to a game 7 which the Bulls would have to play in Utah and with an injured Pippen .

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies