Are there any emo or hardcore bands from the Durack Electoral Division in Western Australia?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:10:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Are there any emo or hardcore bands from the Durack Electoral Division in Western Australia?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are there any emo or hardcore bands from the Durack Electoral Division in Western Australia?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 4

Author Topic: Are there any emo or hardcore bands from the Durack Electoral Division in Western Australia?  (Read 478 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2022, 01:08:37 PM »

An off thought that came to me.

Probably not. Like are there even any venues there? I suppose they could play in Perth but even that's quite a drive.

I was thinking that even bands in Perth are kind of screwed since it wouldn't be easy to tour and even play in the rest of Australia. The next closest major city is Adelaide and even that's over a day's drive away. Of course American and European bands when they tour Australia usually play Perth (they probably want to see the Outback and where else are they going to play there?) so people there aren't really totally out of luck in hardly ever getting shows, unlike how Anchorage or Honolulu mostly are.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 01:21:05 PM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 01:48:03 PM »

Probably not. Like are there even any venues there? I suppose they could play in Perth but even that's quite a drive.

I was thinking that even bands in Perth are kind of screwed since it wouldn't be easy to tour and even play in the rest of Australia. The next closest major city is Adelaide and even that's over a day's drive away. Of course American and European bands when they tour Australia usually play Perth (they probably want to see the Outback and where else are they going to play there?) so people there aren't really totally out of luck in hardly ever getting shows, unlike how Anchorage or Honolulu mostly are.

I bet Hawaii and Alaska get more attention from touring bands than Mississippi does.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 01:56:38 PM »

I bet Hawaii and Alaska get more attention from touring bands than Mississippi does.
Doubt it. Mississippi's problem is mostly not just the culture there but that it sits so closer to much better places to play like Memphis and New Orleans. But if you had a date in between those too...Jackson is the most logical place to play, and if you had a date in between one of those cities and Birmingham...well actually there's really nothing between Memphis and Birmingham, but between New Orleans and there there's Hattiesburg and Meridian and I'd be surprised if there's nowhere to book there.

Color Revolt are also from Oxford, although that's so close to Memphis I doubt it gets many touring bands.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 04:48:59 PM »

Durack is an Electoral Division that is All Liberal, all the time; so there probably has to be one out there
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 05:12:39 PM »

Doubt it. Mississippi's problem is mostly not just the culture there but that it sits so closer to much better places to play like Memphis and New Orleans. But if you had a date in between those too...Jackson is the most logical place to play, and if you had a date in between one of those cities and Birmingham...well actually there's really nothing between Memphis and Birmingham, but between New Orleans and there there's Hattiesburg and Meridian and I'd be surprised if there's nowhere to book there.

Color Revolt are also from Oxford, although that's so close to Memphis I doubt it gets many touring bands.

I'm aware of Mississippi's geography, and also aware that bands almost never come here. Every now and then you'll get a country concert in Brandon or something. I saw Elton John in Jackson like 10 years ago, and that was a rare treat.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 08:48:50 PM »

I'm aware of Mississippi's geography, and also aware that bands almost never come here. Every now and then you'll get a country concert in Brandon or something. I saw Elton John in Jackson like 10 years ago, and that was a rare treat.
Why not just go to Memphis?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 11:34:24 PM »

I would if it were someone I really wanted to see, but I would still strongly prefer to see someone in my hometown than drive 3 hours each way.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 11:42:10 PM »

I would if it were someone I really wanted to see, but I would still strongly prefer to see someone in my hometown than drive 3 hours each way.

Didn't realize it was that far. Is New Orleans closer?

But if I was a situation like that I'd probably drive there at least five times a year, since that's about my guess for how often a show happens that's someone I "really want to see."
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 12:59:18 AM »

I've been to a few Blues festivals in the Delta over the years and even saw Tom Waits play in Mobile (amazing) but yeah, I really can't remember any time that any music event in Mississippi was on my radar. 
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 01:30:15 AM »

Both New Orleans and Memphis are right at 3 hours from Jackson. Birmingham about 3.5. You can get to Dallas, Nashville, or Atlanta in 6 if you don't stop much. I sometimes call Jackson the "Crossroads of the South" when trying to convince people to move here, but I don't like our chief selling point being how close we are to more "desirable" cities in other states.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 01:31:01 AM »

Both New Orleans and Memphis are right at 3 hours from Jackson. Birmingham about 3.5. You can get to Dallas, Nashville, or Atlanta in 6 if you don't stop much.
You should come with me to Furnace Fest 2022!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies