2004 User Predictions - Technical

(1/23) > >>

ElectionAtlas:
This topic is for the technical issues around the 2004 prediction pages (upload problems, feature requests, etc.).

I'm interested in making this work you and your help in debug is appreciated.
Dave

zorkpolitics:
I get the error messege:
Error: The file name is too long. Please limit the name to 25 characters

But the name is only 16 characters long, 20 if you include the .gif extension.
Any suggestions?  I tried both Netscape and Exploer to try and upload.

Demrepdan:
I got the same thing, about the 25 character limit. Even though my file name is just pe2004demrepdan1, which is unarguably not 25 characters long. I've even tried shortening it to pe2004demrepdan, pe2004demrep, pe2004dan, and none of these names work to much dismay.

Beet:
Hmmm :-( it seems like I am the only one so far who was able to upload it without a problem.

Ryan:
I just realised this post is more appropriate here. Will delete it from the other folder in a bit.

Dave, it may be a little too late to suggest changes in color-coding for your map repeating 2000 results, but I found the shades to red associated with >50  and >60 to be too similar.

Also since the difference between getting 50.16% (Washington) and getting 54.60% (Illinois)  in the last election makes all the difference with regard to predicting competitiveness in the next election, Might I suggest having more than one category for 50-60%?

As to the predictive maps, I myself plan to have four completely different colors
Solid Republican -Dark Blue
Lean Republican - Light Blue
Tossup  - White or gray
Lean Democrat-Light Red
Solid Democrat- Dark Red

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page