2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:02:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 868098 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: June 23, 2004, 06:09:42 PM »

Total-intuition map. Basically, i pictured myself as a voter in that state, going to the polling booth, and voting for the first campaign banner I saw.

Kerry-270
Bush-268

It isn't mean to be an in depth analysis. Just gut feeling.
Yes, that would be a gut feeling. If Virginia, Missouri, Arizona, and Louisiana go for Kerry, he will probably also get Florida, Minnesota, New Mexico, Pennslyvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and maybe Ohio.    
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 09:56:41 PM »

Total-intuition map. Basically, i pictured myself as a voter in that state, going to the polling booth, and voting for the first campaign banner I saw.

Kerry-270
Bush-268

It isn't mean to be an in depth analysis. Just gut feeling.
Yes, that would be a gut feeling. If Virginia, Missouri, Arizona, and Louisiana go for Kerry, he will probably also get Florida, Minnesota, New Mexico, Pennslyvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and maybe Ohio.    

It may be a gut feeling, but it looks to me like a very realistic outcome.  I would probably give Arizona and Missouri back to Bush, but you're map look slike a very real possibility

If you give Arizona back to Bush, Kerry should get New Mexico at least.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 11:37:39 PM »

Im ot going to support John Kerry because I see a banner saying "VOTE KERRY" I would vote for Kerry because he has the best vision for the country.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 09:34:34 AM »

Im not going to support John Kerry because I see a banner saying "VOTE KERRY" I would vote for Kerry because he has the best vision for the country.

Well, what exactly is his vision? Has anyone actually figured it out?

His vision is for a United States that does not render allies opinions meaningless, that does not distort the reasons why we invade another country and see our brave soldiers dying, that does not give unfair tax cuts to wealthy individuals, that provides health care for all elderly who need it- without lying about the costs, that punishes corporations from taking away American jobs for cheap ones overseas, that esnures women have the right to choose, and attempts to preserve the Environment- not destroy it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 08:31:15 PM »

John Kerry would have gone into Iraq and Afghanistan. However, he would not have dismissed the UN, as Bush did. He would also not have gone in without as plan, as Bush has.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 09:28:40 PM »

The best maps I've seen on this site for Kerry are red on the West coast, dark red in the North east, and some of the other "big states" - but not all, and the interior is still blue for Bush. I have a feeling that Florida will see a lot of activity this year especially in the final weeks as it would be enough to swing it either way if every other state stayed solid for one side or the other. If it came down to a Florida fight though I would favour Bush.

The best possible scenerio for Kerry would be:
Kerry:370
Bush:168

Best possible for Bush:
Bush:355
Kerry:183
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies