2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:27:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 867811 times)
English

« on: December 19, 2003, 05:22:55 PM »

I find it hard to believe John has a problem spelling, it is far too contrived! I mean Joe Limberman?!
English

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 07:19:11 AM »

Honestly I've been wondering why Europeans care so much about our electiuons.  seems like we have more european democrats than american ones.

Not a big deal, but we just don't see the reverse, Americans could care less about European elections for the most part.

Sadly, I don't think they are jokes. Why would anyone join a forum like this with the sole purpose of making jokes?

As a British citizen I am concerned what happens in the US, since it has a large impact on the UK. America catches a cold, the world sneezes, as the saying goes. For this reason I would prefer a Democrat to win the 2004 election. Democrats I believe are less isolationist, more internationalist and generally foster better international relations. This has to be a good thing. This is probably why pretty much all foreigners would prefer to see Dean in the white house than Bush. Bush just doesn't cut it with me. He comes across as a bit of a hick, no offense intended. He is more of a hunting, gun-toting, Bubba than an international statesmen. As someone said earlier this makes the British feel very uneasy! The vast majority of Britons distrust or have negative opinions of Bush.
English

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 10:30:21 AM »

No, the French wouldn't elect an American come hell or high water, no matter how liberal!! He'd probably be right at home in the 'wet' wing (i.e liberal wing), of the Tory party. Even Dean isn't left enough for the Lib Dems or Labour, but I could easily see him being elected in Chipping Barnet :-)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies