2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 865986 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: July 03, 2004, 09:30:11 PM »

Best Bush includes Washington and 1 EV from Maine.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 05:22:34 PM »

Please note that the last Democrat nominee to win more than half the vote was Carter in 1976 (with just 50.08% of the vote).  

Clinton would have done it twice had Perot not ran.

Unlikely.  Without Perot Bush would have likely won 50-51% of the vote.  The majority of Perot's support came from Bush.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 10:27:14 PM »

People percieve the economy as it was 6 months earlier.  While not good, the economy was not in recession then.

Perot also doubled the number of attacks on Bush.  One of his goals was to keep Bush from winning re--election.

Finally, we need to discuss your definition of what a "fact" is.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 12:15:50 AM »

Question, why is a state like Arkansas a Tossup? To me at least it seems pretty conservative. Arkansas is the only Battleground state that doesn't make much sense to me, can someone help me out?

Siege

Lingering Clintonism.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 10:22:34 AM »

I think that the current predictions are making this site irrelevant except for historical election information.  We all have to admit that there are only 2 possible winner to this election.  No, one of them is not Badnarik as the perdictions would have you think, but it is Bush and Kerry.  I think that people should be a little more realistic about who they think will win.  It is a perdiction page not a fantasy page.  My last perdiction was made in protest to the obvisously skewed picks.

You have the predictions and the mok elections confused.  You can't pick anyone but Bush and Kerry on the prediction page.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies