2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:32:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 867946 times)
Kghadial
Rookie

« on: March 07, 2004, 12:22:18 AM »

Bringing morality back to the oval office, cutting taxes, and fighting terrorism. Clinton whereas  brought shame to the oval office, hiked taxes (the largest tax hike in US history), and did very very little about terrorism. Most people dont want to change horses during wartime either.

Clinton actually came close to killing Osama, i think the missile arrived 90 minutes late. Its much Closer than dubya's done. Although we may very likely capture or kill osama this year, but so far dubya hasn't got close.  

Clinton presided over the greatest economy in modern US history. If you look at the lowest employment rate that certain states have ever had you see that many have '99 , '00 or early '01 as the lowest unemployment rates in their modern history. His tax hike allowed a balanced budget.
Dubya is doing much obscene spending, with a half trillion dollar deficit. Its either pay now , or pay twice as much through interest over the years. Thanks to the Vietnam war and Reagan and now Bush roughly 1/6 (estimation on my part I can't remember the actually fraction) of the federal government's expenditures are to paying off the national debt.

So Clinton lied about getting a Blow Job from an relatively unattractive girl, hell most guys would lie about that too. Clinton's lies hurt basically only himself and Hillary. Dubya's lies about Iraq has cost the US its credibility abroad .

A vote for Bush is a vote to increase the National Debt over 9 trillion (1.5 trillion his next term, and .5 trillion for someone to bring it under control), and increase hatred for the US the world over, among other bad things.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 02:43:21 PM »

Southwest

I think Bush will be dumping his campaign war chest in the Southwest, making it very difficult for Kerry to progress.  However, I think Colorado will be slightly ignored and Kerry will push hard with the Hispanic vote here.  We'll have to see.  I know most people can't see Colorado switching with New Mexico staying blue, but I suspect a surprise.

I think Kerry was born in Colorado. If I had to pick a state that almost everyone thinks is safe, and put it in the other column, I would pick Colorado too.
Kghadial
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 08:35:15 PM »

If I was doing a North vs. South map, I would put what he had but give Hawaii and Nevada to the Blue, and give Colorado to the Red ...

Although i guess that this proves that power in this country is trending southward. He had to put Nevada and Hawaii, states that would be considered southern, in the North to balance it out ...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies