2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:13:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 869115 times)
Demrepdan

« on: November 19, 2003, 07:38:21 PM »
« edited: November 19, 2003, 07:40:41 PM by Demrepdan »

I'll have to agree, Dave's is the best and simpliest Electoral Vote calcuator to use.

The most difficult to use?
-Grandma's hand-held solar powered pocket calculator, with only 16 buttons at best...
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 04:53:34 PM »

What is the web-address for Jonathan Edwards?
It's just John Edwards...just to let you know. Not Jonathan. The nickname for Jonathan is JON. John, per se, is a name. Nicknames for JOHN include, Johnny and Jack.
Demrepdan

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 05:07:30 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2003, 05:08:19 PM by Demrepdan »

Actually "John" is a shortend name. He was baptised as "Johnny".
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I looked it up and you're right. Smiley However, I knew his full name wasn't Jonathan.
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 05:49:20 PM »

The Election will be Deacied by the People with 53% to Bush & Dean 45%

Bush 54%
Dean 45%

It just keeps going up doesn't it?!
Allow me to boost the numbers.

Bush: 56%
Dean: 43%

Demrepdan

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 12:40:31 AM »

Also, I don't think that Clark would lose Arkansas if he were nominated.
Neither do I. Arkansas isn't THAT Republican. It is one of the few southern states that could very well go Democratic. Gore could have even carried Arkansas, as well as his home state of Tennessee, if he didn't distant himself so much from President Clinton.
Demrepdan

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 06:42:03 PM »

Kerry will Lose in NH & Gepthart will lose in Iowa
Dean will win & Be the Nommie & Lose to Bush
49 to 41
Shut up! You always say Dean will win. And you give nothing to back it up. If you're going to say Dean will win, thats fine. But I notice you spread this in all the threads, as if Dean is already nominated. Explain yourself, and I won't be so mean.
Demrepdan

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 02:07:56 PM »

Let the People Chose who they want in the White House in November 4 2004 i want Bush but if dose win thats fine too
You seem very ambivalent. If you want Bush to win, you should definitely care if he loses. However, with ambivalence comes acceptance. You're willing to accept whatever happens, and that’s good.
Demrepdan

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 09:13:44 PM »

I applaud your Deluxe Version of the Electoral Vote calculator, Dave. But, it’s weird how the states of Michigan, Hawaii, and Alaska are so....”abstract”. lol Wink
Demrepdan

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2003, 02:27:34 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2003, 02:28:07 AM by Demrepdan »

Humm I have some British friends too and they want Bush to win to keep the strong relationship with Blair.

REELECT PRESIDENT BUSH!

Well, that depends on if Blair can get re-elected himself.

And they always say that you become friends with people who are most like you. So OF COURSE your British friends want Bush to win again....they are REPUBLICANS like you! (or think like a Republican anyway) lol Grin
Demrepdan

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 03:33:09 PM »

Dean can hop to the center during the general election, so his being so far left shouldn't be a big deal.  Even now, he isn't all that liberal, buthis rhetoric is.  Bush went far right no stop McCain and moved back towards the middle in 2000, so dean can do the same.  But still, it is about Bush, not the Democratic candidate.

Everyone is "demonizing" Dean right now, as a CRAZY far left liberal. Why? What has he done that seems so liberal? And don't give me any SOCIALLY liberal examples, like his singing the gay civil unions law in Vermont as Governor. Democrats don't think Dean can win, so they attack him with all their might. Republicans know deep down (not all Republicans, just the smart ones) that Dean could possibly beat Bush, so they attack him with all their might as well. I think Dean will move more to the center when it comes to the general election. He has already had some right wing views expressed already. Like he's against gun control. Does that sound liberal to you? So he will inexorably move to the center during the general election. He HAS to.
Demrepdan

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 03:55:34 PM »

Dean can hop to the center during the general election, so his being so far left shouldn't be a big deal.  Even now, he isn't all that liberal, buthis rhetoric is.  Bush went far right no stop McCain and moved back towards the middle in 2000, so dean can do the same.  But still, it is about Bush, not the Democratic candidate.

Everyone is "demonizing" Dean right now, as a CRAZY far left liberal. Why? What has he done that seems so liberal? And don't give me any SOCIALLY liberal examples, like his singing the gay civil unions law in Vermont as Governor. Democrats don't think Dean can win, so they attack him with all their might. Republicans know deep down (not all Republicans, just the smart ones) that Dean could possibly beat Bush, so they attack him with all their might as well. I think Dean will move more to the center when it comes to the general election. He has already had some right wing views expressed already. Like he's against gun control. Does that sound liberal to you? So he will inexorably move to the center during the general election. He HAS to.

The only message is that Bush is evil and so is america.

I won't argue that he has harped on in one way or another that Bush is evil. But you're saying that he has alluded that America is evil?! Oh get off it! That sounds like a Limbaugh trick. If you hate the President, you hate this country. Blah blah blah. What the hell ever happend to freedom?
Demrepdan

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2003, 04:45:18 PM »

No way  a Republican polling in the high 50s nationally is polling 10 points behing that figure in the deep South.  

Get real.
One explosion for you.

The word explosion isn't actually in the quote...

He means he "exploded" with anger...

He did get a little SNIPPY when he said..."get real".
Demrepdan

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2003, 05:05:36 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2003, 05:06:46 PM by Demrepdan »

No way  a Republican polling in the high 50s nationally is polling 10 points behing that figure in the deep South.  

Get real.
One explosion for you.

The word explosion isn't actually in the quote...

He means he "exploded" with anger...

He did get a little SNIPPY when he said..."get real".
At least Dan gets me.

I got confused. I didn't recognise the word explode when Agcat introduced it. Then I found it in your post. So I thought that was what you were trying to show and...whatever, never mind...

lol...oh boy...lets just...pretend like it never happend. Nothing was ever said about exploding...back to where we were before all this confusion. Where were we anyway?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies