2004 User Predictions - Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:16:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 867828 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: February 11, 2004, 01:23:59 PM »

Edwards won't be next to drop, I think Dean will be, he is way out at the back and has only performed well in Caucuses.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 05:42:57 PM »

All this about not allowing people to vote, look for a book called "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" by Greg Palast, an investigative journalist who looked into all of this, it has a copy of a bit of the "scrub list" in it which was the list of people who were stopped from voting because they were "criminals", it has the criminal and all the info and the info of the person stopped from voting, some of whom were of different race from each other so unless they pulled a Michael Jackson, it is unlikely they were the same person
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 05:50:55 PM »

not so much ordered them not to vote as ordered their rights to vote taken away by having them removed from the voter list.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 06:58:01 PM »

not all were ex felons though, like 50,000 people were stopped from voting, around 40,000 of whom i think it was were black and about 98% of black people vote democrat.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 08:31:02 AM »

well the fact is, Republicans won Florida by 537 votes, if even only 25,269 of those 50,000 voted Democrat then they would have won Florida and the election, considering the majority of the 50,000 were Democrats, that wouldn't have been too hard
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 10:00:54 AM »

but we have already established that a large proportion of these people were NOT criminals, they just had similar names to criminals. How would you feel if the majority of these had been Republicans and Al Gore had won because of this, I bet you would change your mind then.

Besides they were not Felons, they were EX-felons, they had committed a crime and served their debt to society, by denying these people the right to vote you treat them like second class citizens.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 10:05:52 AM »

you didn't answer my first point, would you feel differently if the Republicans had lost the vote and the reason was the prevention of eligible voters from voting
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 01:58:22 PM »

you guys talking about the switch of colours for the democratic primary so Kerry is red, Edwards green and Dean purple?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

ah ok
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 05:03:49 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2004, 05:17:35 PM by JohnFKennedy »

Hello All:

Super Tuesday has finally revealed the Democratic nominee for the presidency,  and for the first time since 1988 he is a northerner.  John Kerry told GW Bush last night on the phone that he wanted to "stick to the issues" yet our conservative media has not revealed to the voting public how they will interpret that statement.  

Kerry vs.  Bush will be an interesting ticket and it will be a close election unless one or the other candidate falls apart  prior to the election.  Can Kerry sustain his momentum now that he will be harassed by the GOP, the media, and to an extent Ralph Nader?  I don't know.  Kerry understands how improtant this election is to the future of our great democracy, and we can only hope the voting public answers his call to dethrone Bush from his Supreme Court appointed-presidency.  

I have a feeling that legitimacy will be another key issue in this campaign, especially since election 2000 will come back to haunt Bush in november.  

Finally, the issue of potential running mates for both candidates is a puzzling one.  Will Cheney decide to leave the politics and if so, who will replace him?  Maybe Colin Powell, but I have heard that NY governor George Pataki may want to be Bush's running mate.  His strong environmental record and his current popularity in NY would make the Republican ticket very difficult to beat.  

For Kerry, Geographical balance is necessary.  Bill Richardson of New Mexico would be great for the Dems but in an interview with Wolf Blitzer a couple of weeks ago, he said he would rather stay as governor.  Edwards would be a likely choice since he is very popular in the South.  Some have mentioned Hillary Clinton but in my opinion she should stay as senator and leave politics when her term ends in 2006.   But I think when all is said and done, Kerry will make the right choice.  

As for me, I need to reevaluate my prediction map.  
See you later and long live the Empire State.

A few points to you about what you just said:

1. What momentum does Kerry have? Democratic Primary victories? they are democrats voting, he needs to pull people away from the GOP or Nader.

2. He won't pick Colin Powell, the reason Colin Powell has never run for President is that his wife was afraid he would get shot because he is Afro-Carribean.

3. Even if he offered it to Hillary Clinton she probably wouldn't take it, she wants Kerry as she thinks he will lose meaning 2008 will be wide open to Hillary.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 05:18:06 PM »

what are you talking about man? it says lose *shifty eyes*

no love of course, Kerry is gonna have a sex scandal involving Hillary!!!!!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 12:02:55 PM »

I find it disturbing to read Republicans on this board try to explain away the national debt of the USA, with phrases such as 'it's not a problem' and even more that the Clinton recovery was 'too much too fast.' Get realistic. The growth in jobs in February was so low it couldn't keep up with the growth in the working population, never mind alieviating the existing unemployed. Bush has lost more jobs than Herbert Hoover, and as one economist put it quite simply; 'Yuck' The stockmarket is lumbering along and the value of the Dollar has fallen so much that in the long trend, soon the Euro will be worth more than the Dollar! Yes the economy is better than it was a year ago, but it is far far worse than it was on the day Clinton left office. And all the Republicans can shout about is Clinton's morality! It would almost be excusable if this was part of a worldwide economic downturn, but no. The economy of Japan is gathering speed, as is that of China. The UK's economy is now into its 11th year of sustained growth, it's unemployment rate is the lowest for almost 30 years and we can still afford to pump billions into education and healthcare. Ross Perot where are you now!

I'd just like to pick out the fact you said that soon the Euro will be worth more than the dollar, it ALREADY IS.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2004, 01:46:25 PM »

I don't think Colorado will go democrat.

welcome to the board Lunar!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2004, 02:30:37 PM »

I can see Ohio easliy falling into the Kerry column.  I am on the Kentucky side of the river in Cincinnati, and although Cincinnati is definately "Bush Country",  I do not believe the rest of Ohio will vote that way.  I hope Bush gives Ohio the attention it deserves.  As of last night, Kerry had a 48-46 lead over Bush in Ohio.  A marginal lead at best, and only time will tell.

welcome to the forums klrbzzz!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2004, 02:34:53 PM »

I bet you thought I was dead till you came here, lol Wink
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 02:39:42 PM »

I guess those history classes i took were a waste of  time Smiley

He who does not learn from history is doomed to repeat it.

So they weren't a waste of time!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 02:50:37 PM »

I can see Ohio easliy falling into the Kerry column.  I am on the Kentucky side of the river in Cincinnati, and although Cincinnati is definately "Bush Country",  I do not believe the rest of Ohio will vote that way.  I hope Bush gives Ohio the attention it deserves.  As of last night, Kerry had a 48-46 lead over Bush in Ohio.  A marginal lead at best, and only time will tell.

welcome to the forums klrbzzz!

Where are my manners!.... yeah welcome to the forum... where politics comes alive!... or so I'm told...

and all those you thought were dead do too.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 04:47:38 AM »

put [ img ]urlforpicturehere[ / img ]

except without the spaces between the ['s and the writing and between the / and the writing and stuff.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2004, 11:56:17 AM »

LBJ was Senate Majority leader in the '50's.

yes he was, he ran against Kennedy for the nomination but lost out, him and a few others ran huge smear campaigns against Kennedy and told of how he was too young and inexperience and would be terrible as President.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2004, 11:25:42 AM »

why have both of you given Kerry Ohio and Bush Pennsylvania? Surely if Bush wins PA he will win OH.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2004, 05:07:20 PM »

errr, no it doesn't, are you looking at the linked map? DC is Democrat in it.....
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2004, 05:10:04 PM »

errr, no it doesn't, are you looking at the linked map? DC is Democrat in it.....

I'm seeing it as blue

oops, n/m we were looking at different maps, there are 2 linked ones.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2004, 05:12:47 PM »

I'm seeing it as blue

oops, n/m we were looking at different maps, there are 2 linked ones.

right, okay.  Huh

someone else linked an amusing map where Kerry won Oklahoma, Kansas and South Carolina, I was looking at that.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2004, 11:00:51 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2004, 11:01:29 AM by John F. Kennedy »

Here's a prediction from a Scottish Conservative.

I'm pretty sure both the economy and Iraq will have improved come November, and I'm pretty uninspired by Kerry as a candidate.

Thoughts?

Also, how do I post the image rather than just the link?

OMG, A Scottish Conservative?!?!?!?!?!?!

Impossible! lol

Welcome to the forums, if I haven't already welcomed you somewhere else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies