Election Calculator / Simulator 2.0 released (Updated 5/5/2023)

<< < (2/14) > >>

Schiff for Senate:
Maybe this was already addressed or something, but when I go to the map and do stuff, and then click 'Show Forum Embed Code,' nothing happens - is this intentional, or am I doing something wrong?

Virginiá:
Quote from: President Johnson on January 21, 2022, 02:06:13 PM

Great work, Virginia. Thanks for all the efforts you're putting in this.

A small note on something I realized: It seems that certain browser features such as a blocker for cookie banners indeed block the map from being displayed or even the forum link to be generated (that wasn't the case before). I only use the add-on "I don't care about cookies" because EU laws require all European websites to ask for allowing cookies with annoying banners popping up on almost every website. Now that I deactivated the feature for Talk Elections (not that I would need here anyway), it just works fine. So if anything, it might be more of an issue for European users.

Thanks - I installed that addon but didn't see that behavior. I'll have to keep an eye on it, though. It wouldn't be the first time ad blockers mucked things up here (they did so for the Recommend feature and the new post editor).

Quote from: Senator CentristRepublican on January 21, 2022, 02:21:20 PM

Maybe this was already addressed or something, but when I go to the map and do stuff, and then click 'Show Forum Embed Code,' nothing happens - is this intentional, or am I doing something wrong?

Do you see the map fine on the page?

If so and nothing happens when you click that, can you right click on the page, click "Inspect Element", click the Console tab, then send me a screenshot of what it says? If it says nothing, can you keep that console open, reload the page, try to Show Forum Embed Code, then tell me what it says?

😥:
Thank you, Virginia, for your hard work here

Schiff for Senate:
Quote from: Virginiá on January 21, 2022, 02:22:09 PM

Quote from: President Johnson on January 21, 2022, 02:06:13 PM

Great work, Virginia. Thanks for all the efforts you're putting in this.

A small note on something I realized: It seems that certain browser features such as a blocker for cookie banners indeed block the map from being displayed or even the forum link to be generated (that wasn't the case before). I only use the add-on "I don't care about cookies" because EU laws require all European websites to ask for allowing cookies with annoying banners popping up on almost every website. Now that I deactivated the feature for Talk Elections (not that I would need here anyway), it just works fine. So if anything, it might be more of an issue for European users.

Thanks - I installed that addon but didn't see that behavior. I'll have to keep an eye on it, though. It wouldn't be the first time ad blockers mucked things up here (they did so for the Recommend feature and the new post editor).

Quote from: Senator CentristRepublican on January 21, 2022, 02:21:20 PM

Do you see the map fine on the page?

No, it doesn't seem to be showing any map at all. Like usually there's a map above the Show Forum Imbed Code button, but it's not there anymore.

EDIT: I believe I did as you said to, but nothing's changed; it doesn't say anything, it's just if I click the button nothing at all happens.

Virginiá:
Quote from: Senator CentristRepublican on January 21, 2022, 02:48:42 PM

No, it doesn't seem to be showing any map at all. Like usually there's a map above the Show Forum Imbed Code button, but it's not there anymore.

Trying doing a Hard refresh on your browser when on the calculator page. If Windows, hold Ctrl + Press F5. If Mac, follow these instructions:

Safari (Mac)

Go to Safari > Empty Cache, or hit Opt + Cmd + E.
    To refresh, click the refresh button on the address bar or press Cmd + R.

Google Chrome

Windows users: hold down Ctrl and then press F5 on your keyboard.
    Mac users: hold down Cmd and Shift and then press R on your keyboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page