Grade the years: 2009
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:18:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Grade the years: 2009
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Grade the years: 2009  (Read 581 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2022, 12:21:03 PM »

Previous threads: 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008

Results so far
2000: B+
2001: F
2002: C-
2003: C+/C (Tie!)
2004: C
2005: B+
2006: B-
2007: B
2008: A-

You can grade these years using any metric you like, and if you haven't voted in the previous thread, you still can. You can also change your vote, if you'd like.

2009 was a very mixed year for me. I liked the second half of my freshman year of college overall, especially my classes and singing groups, but I did get a pneumothorax, which sucked. In the second half, I got an internship, which was a good experience overall, but I didn't like my classes as much and my dog died. Overall, I'll go with C-.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 12:25:02 PM »

Obama took power, so F.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 01:12:08 PM »

For me personally, this year is an unqualified F. My mother died on August 3, 2009. She died just two weeks before I entered middle school and 6th Grade. I was only eleven when she passed. The last months of the year were dominated by a custody battle between my grandmother and my father over me, and they were marred by academic and behavioral challenges.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 04:07:45 PM »

B-

Sophomore year of HS sucked, but Junior year was pretty good. I got into ceramics.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 04:50:38 PM »

First half was terrible as I was bullied a lot in 6th grade, all the classes in school were boring and I was still adjusting to moving to a new neighborhood where none of my friends lived in. Summer Break was pretty fun and the first trimester of 7th grade was good too as bullying went down a lot, and classes were really fun as well. On the other hand I had a really really bad flu in the fall of 2009 which had made of the side effects last weeks after the really bad fever subsided so that kinda ruined it.

So yah Id say D
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 05:22:31 PM »

Probably the best year of my life so far. Moved to a new country where I could put my longtime academic language skills to practical use, then back to the U.S. but to a new city, lived by myself for the first (and to date, only) time, started grad school and a new job, met my significant other, and made a bunch of other lifelong friends. Also the year that expanded/solidified my music tastes. And the year I finally came out for good. So a Freedom Year.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 09:01:25 PM »

F, because of the Great Recession
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 08:00:53 AM »

The latter half of eighth grade was a lot of fun and so was starting high school. It was also the last year that I really felt hopeful about politics, but the seeds that created the hellscape we are in now were planted at this time.

A.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 11:28:53 PM »

D-
Third to fourth grade.
My school was forced to downsize because of the recession. My maternal grandfather died of Alzheimer's in September. More loneliness because I had few friends and no siblings.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 05:54:47 AM »

I'd say this was a big inflexion point in my life.....perhaps the biggest full stop.

The start of 2009 still felt like a misery fest. However one factor which I thought was making school more bearable I quickly deduced was actually a weight on my enjoyment - having a "special" class there for people with ASD. Once they told me that funding for that would stop at the end of the year I realised I had to make an adjustment towards more maturity. And things got better. I started to make or rekindle some friendships, started to feel like more of a part of the school community (which wasn't really the case in 2008 and 2007 was a bit weird in that regard), and overall became more independent and mature. So that was good.

Home life however was getting really bad. Attending footy matches with my dad was a release, but my relationship with my stepmother was getting really, really toxic. Fights over the smallest flaw would break out regularly, and things were getting to a head fast. At school I was a flat out teenager, but I had little time to really experience it at home. This was getting close to the first time that I felt much more comfortable at my mother's, and was probably a big reason as to why I moved out early next year. The only positive was a two week holiday as our house was getting done up, and even there it was a bit of a redux of the first one.

Weighted against the two? I gave it a C+.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 02:22:36 PM »

A.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix