Trump says that reports of him souring on DeSantis are inaccurate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:28:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump says that reports of him souring on DeSantis are inaccurate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump says that reports of him souring on DeSantis are inaccurate  (Read 265 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2022, 02:06:19 AM »

What do you guys think?

Frankly, if Donald J. Trump is angry at someone for ANY reason, he almost always makes it public and not “behind closed doors”. Not to mention, AXIOS and Politico love to run such stories.

For this, I actually give him the benefit of the doubt in this particular instance, although I still harbor some suspicions.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 03:03:32 AM »

Tbh, I believe and often felt Mr. Trump is spreading conflicting information and hints on purpose because he 1) likes to create irritation and get media attention and 2) then calling it fake news to further undermine public confidence in journalism. So nobody anymore believes them when they report on his scandals and failures.

Kind of reminds me of this whole Patriot Party saga.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 03:26:44 AM »

Tbh, I believe and often felt Mr. Trump is spreading conflicting information and hints on purpose because he 1) likes to create irritation and get media attention and 2) then calling it fake news to further undermine public confidence in journalism. So nobody anymore believes them when they report on his scandals and failures.

Kind of reminds me of this whole Patriot Party saga.
I never really believed the whole Patriot Party stuff. But I can see why it'd be catnip for the chattering class. It had all the hallmarks of a media rumor/thread of feverish speculation that was basically guaranteed to work.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 10:24:14 AM »

I don't think all of the reports are completely inaccurate, but I think it is more of an admiration thing if anything. Trump usually criticizes people that he respects. I think Trump respects DeSantis quite a bit. I do think it is definitely being exaggerated by the press though. It is possible that DeSantis and Trump are also in on it (creating a fake feud) to give DeSantis more name recognition and get more press..maybe Trump is planning to pick DeSantis as VP? I mean they golf together they obviously are friends.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 10:34:17 AM »

He's not gonna be R nominee , he's being investigated for so many crimes and he is likely to be Prosecuted
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 10:35:58 AM »

I don't think all of the reports are completely inaccurate, but I think it is more of an admiration thing if anything. Trump usually criticizes people that he respects. I think Trump respects DeSantis quite a bit. I do think it is definitely being exaggerated by the press though. It is possible that DeSantis and Trump are also in on it (creating a fake feud) to give DeSantis more name recognition and get more press..maybe Trump is planning to pick DeSantis as VP? I mean they golf together they obviously are friends.

Real friendships barely exist in politics. And certainly not for Mr. Trump.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 10:45:43 AM »

Trump would need to move to another state again then. Can't have the VP from the same state (FL) as much as the GOP wants to have Florida Men leading the entire next administration lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies