Who will be the 47th President of the United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:17:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who will be the 47th President of the United States?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which of these candidates is likely to be the next President?
Donald Trump

Ron DeSantis

Ted Cruz

Kamala Harris

Glenn Youngkin

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 106

Author Topic: Who will be the 47th President of the United States?  (Read 1986 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 04:50:47 PM »

Trump and Harris are the only ones with non-neglible odds - Trump is the prohibitive favorite to be the next Republican party nominee and a general between him and Biden is at worst a toss up. Harris will never win a national election on her own but Biden could die. If Biden doesn't lose reelection or die in office, our next president would most likely be someone who seems pretty random right now and isn't on anyone's radar.

What if Trump doesn’t run in 2024?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 04:59:12 PM »

Trump and Harris are the only ones with non-neglible odds - Trump is the prohibitive favorite to be the next Republican party nominee and a general between him and Biden is at worst a toss up. Harris will never win a national election on her own but Biden could die. If Biden doesn't lose reelection or die in office, our next president would most likely be someone who seems pretty random right now and isn't on anyone's radar.
[/quote
Lol as I have continued to say, he's being Prosecuted by NY AG on fraud, it's very unlikely he will run, but support the GOP nominee

It's not just criminal it's civil and they're threatening to take the back taxes ue owes to IRD and he won't have the money to run
TheFonz
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2022, 10:14:30 PM »

The only chance Kamala Harris has of becoming president is if Joe Biden dies or steps down before his term is up, and then only until January 2025. No matter who the GOP nominee is.

It sure looks like Trump is running, but I don't think he'll actually go through with it, for one reason or another. The 1/6 committee is a ridiculous joke, but these potential lawsuits out of GA and NY could stop his campaign before it even starts. He also an obese 74 year old man with a very unhealthy lifestyle. As likely as not, he won't make it 3 more years.

All of that said, Ron DeSantis is going to run whether Trump does or not. It would be insane for him not to, because his handling of COVID-19 is what got him noticed by the masses, and he's been able to keep his popularity up for coming up on two years (as opposed to Kristi Noem and Mike Pence, both of whom have been written off by a bunch of "conservatives" for doing the right thing). Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place. There's no way DeSantis is still the golden boy in 2028, so he won't squander this opportunity.

And DeSantis will easily defeat Trump in a primary. Millions of former Republicans and republican leaning independents aren't being accounted for in these meaningless telephone primary polls that show Trump wayup, and the campaigns are still well over a year from even starting. DeSantis is better at presenting Trumpism than Trump is, his list of accomplishments is longer, his record is better, and he doesn't have any personal baggage.

And that's not even considering Youngkin, who could also, depending on how the next year goes, give Trump a real run for his money.

Given the quality of the competition and a better understanding of this new electorate than the GOP had back in 16, I think Trump stays out of it rather than risking a humiliating primary defeat. Instead he can call himself a kingmaker and go to his grave thinking he's singlehandedly responsible for the GOP winning the 2024 election.

So in my opinion, the answer is probably Harris, because Joe is clearly losing it and I don't see him staying on for 3 more years. But if he manages to make it all the way, DeSantis is the most likely.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2022, 03:40:25 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2022, 11:11:57 AM by dw93 »

25% chance it's Harris, 25% chance it's Trump, 25% chance it's DeSantis, 10% chance it's Youngkin (though in his case it'd be in 2028 after two Democratic terms), 15% chance it's someone that's not on the radar. 0% chance it's Ted Cruz.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 05:33:45 AM »

25% chance it's Harris, 25% chance it's Trump, 25% chance it's DeSantis, 10% chance it's Youngkin (though in his case it'd be in 2028 after two Democratic terms and re election in VA in 2025), 15% chance it's someone that's not on the radar. 0% chance it's Ted Cruz.

“Re-election in Virginia”. Sorry that’s not possible.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 11:12:21 AM »

25% chance it's Harris, 25% chance it's Trump, 25% chance it's DeSantis, 10% chance it's Youngkin (though in his case it'd be in 2028 after two Democratic terms and re election in VA in 2025), 15% chance it's someone that's not on the radar. 0% chance it's Ted Cruz.

“Re-election in Virginia”. Sorry that’s not possible.

You're correct, I fixed it.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 02:00:52 PM »

Kamala Harris. I don’t see Biden running again, but I do expect things to largely improve in two years (they can only go up from here), allowing the heir apparent (Harris) to run on the record against trump or a non-Trump.

From 2020, she holds Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania (razor thin), Georgia (Ossoff would certainly help);
She loses Arizona, Wisconsin, and has a 50/50 shot at North Carolina in case one of PA/MI falters.

I don’t expect her to win Florida/Texas.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 02:41:33 PM »

Unless Donald Trump is dead on January 20, 2025, he will be the 47th President of the United States, thanks to combination of Biden and Harris's unpopularity and Republicans rigging/suppressing the vote.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2022, 02:48:53 PM »

Kamala Harris may be likeliest. She has multiple pathways.

If President Biden is unable to serve at some point before January 2025, she's President.
If Biden doesn't run for another term, she's the favorite for the nomination and has a chance of winning with the advantage that Democrats have only held the White House for one term.
If Biden wins reelection and is unable to serve at some point between January 2025-January 2029, she's President.
If Biden serves two full terms, she can still be elected in 2028. Historically, it's unlikely Democrats will be elected to three terms, but Republicans can easily screw up.

Trump has one shot. He needs to be renominated and win in 2024.

When considering the odds for DeSantis, Cruz and Youngkin, we could look at them in 2024 and 2028. Youngkin is the least likely, because we don't know how he'll be as Governor and whether he'll show the level of skill expected of national candidates. I don't think Cruz is on the same level as DeSantis, so his odds would be rather low, especially given his deficiency as a general election candidate.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2022, 02:51:56 PM »

I love how zero people picked Ted Cruz 😂
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 03:00:28 PM »

I love how zero people picked Ted Cruz 😂

He has many of Trump's negatives and is even more right wing, but lacks Trump's showmanship and working class appeal. I can see him being nominated, but that's only if the GOP needs a Dole/Mondaleesque sacrificial lamb candidate in 2024, and I don't see the Democrats being in that good of a position come 2024.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2022, 08:21:45 PM »

DeSantis.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2022, 01:07:27 AM »

1. Trump
2. DeSantis
3. Biden

Pete, Harris, and any other Republican candidate stands no chance.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2022, 10:51:48 AM »

1. Trump
2. DeSantis
3. Biden

Pete, Harris, and any other Republican candidate stands no chance.

Biden can't be both the 46th president and the 47th.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2022, 04:53:20 PM »

Eric Adams
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2022, 05:17:48 PM »

Seth rogen
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2022, 09:06:12 PM »

Unless Donald Trump is dead on January 20, 2025, he will be the 47th President of the United States, thanks to combination of Biden and Harris's unpopularity and Republicans rigging/suppressing the vote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies