Tennessee religious liberty law allows publicly funded adoption agencies to ban Jewish parents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:16:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tennessee religious liberty law allows publicly funded adoption agencies to ban Jewish parents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tennessee religious liberty law allows publicly funded adoption agencies to ban Jewish parents  (Read 1172 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 20, 2022, 04:44:03 PM »

Of course it should be an option to want to place a kid in a Christian home.  It's disingenuous to say that this is about Jewish parents in particular, when the same interest would apply to any non-Christian home.  It doesn't matter if it's a Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or secular home.

Then they shouldn't be funded with Jewish tax dollars. Personally I'd be fine with the Italian system- everyone has to donate to some religious organization but it can be any religion.

If I was a new parent, I'd want my kids to grow up in a well-educated, wealthy home (which Jewish households usually are, at least moreso than Ww/oC do). If people are insistent upon this then they should sign an agreement with a Christian adoption agency to adopt their child.

I don't care what Tennessee (the ninth-most lunahick state) does, but THIS VIOLATES THE SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE, which even if you don't believe it is still in the constitution.

Separation of church and state is literally not in the Constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

I suppose those Jews who died in the holocaust deserved it. They all could have survived if they had just converted to evangelical christianity.

Well, Catholics barely count as Evangelical Christianity these days...... so....

I guess they would be gone too.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 06:37:15 PM »

Oh Jesus. Not literally.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 06:39:46 PM »

If Jewish People were the Majority in this country, and the controversy was about Christian Parents....
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 08:59:33 PM »

ER might have the most anti-American views of any poster here, and this forum includes literal CCP hacks.

It was Martin Luther who was one of the most Anti Semitic Men ever, founder of the Protestant Reformation......
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 09:25:38 PM »

I am a practicing Catholic, and let me tell you, the Catholic Church does not endorse forced Religion.

It did before, but ever since the Second Vatican Council, it has backed off.

You have to be able to choose Jesus out of your own free will, not forced as a Theocratic Monarchial state.

That's why in the Catholic Church, the rite of Confirmation is done during the young adult years, because you have to be able to commit yourself, out of your own free will. I choose the call. Right ?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies