Post bold 2022 predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Post bold 2022 predictions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Post bold 2022 predictions  (Read 5476 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2022, 09:21:57 PM »

-NH-SEN and CO-SEN are closer than NV-SEN.
-VT-SEN is closer than IA-SEN.
-Republicans flip four D-held House seats in New England (NH-1 & some combination of CT-5, ME-2, RI-2, CT-2, NH-2).
-Republicans flip two or three of IL-6/TX-28/GA-2/CA-25/CA-47.
-Tony Evers does only negligibly (~1%) worse than Gretchen Whitmer.
-Tim Walz fails to break 50%.
-Republicans win one of OR-GOV/RI-GOV/CT-GOV.

This doesn't make any sense at all unless you think Grassley is going to replicate his 2016 performance.

I'm not sure about it either. Welch will almost certainly break 60%, whereas I think it's likely that Grassley falls into the upper 50s this time. But anything can happen.

I don’t see why it’s "almost certain" that Welch breaks 60% (esp. when Republicans are competitive in places like CT-5, RI-2, NH-SEN, etc., as they are in my prediction). I have Grassley winning 60-38 and Welch winning 58-39, so I don’t think it’s a done deal or anything. It’s also possible that I’m underestimating Welch's 'popularity,' but I don’t see him coming even close to replicating his 2020 win. Leahy won with a 61-33 result in 2016, so 58-39 isn’t that far-fetched assuming the state trends R (this is a place where Democrats are unusually reliant on rural/small-town voters, and not all of them are *ardently secular* or culturally liberal) and 2022 is a strong R year.

Besides, it’s a bold prediction thread, so quoting every post and screaming "This isn’t happening" / "This makes no sense" is kind of pointless.
What evidence is there that Vermont whites are just waiting to snap to Republicans? Or New England whites in general? You seem to talk a lot about this notion of New England whites in particular being fertile ground for federal Republicans in November, and there's no evidence of that. Will they over perform 2020? Of course, is there reason to believe they will someone do better than they will elsewhere, absolutely not. New England was as regions go, among the best for Biden in the country, and nearly every country saw a swing towards Biden. Welch is popular and somewhat of a local institution. Obviously it's a Safe D race, I think we agree. And you believe that Grassley will replicate his 2016 numbers, also reasonable. But saying "this isn't happening" about Nolan winning is perfectly reasonable, given that she has absolutely no chance of winning, and a very small chance of even cracking 40%. There is a difference between bold, and when it's so extreme it is alright to push back.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 08:50:59 AM »

Republicans flip ME, MN, and NM governorships and come extremely close in OR
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2022, 12:08:42 PM »

Anyway, for my serious ones, excluding anything related to NV, since that's apparently illegal:

-Murray wins by double digits (10-12%), despite Smiley being hyped as a "top-tier recruit" and WA-SEN being endlessly discussed as a "sleeper race"

-Whitmer does roughly as well as Evers, and worse than Abrams

-Rubio and DeSantis "only" win by high single digits

-The Democratic gerrymander in IL either falls apart or several Democrats have extremely close calls

-Jaime Herrera Beutler survives the top two primary

-Jared Golden loses by mid-single digits

-ME-GOV is the closest gubernatorial race in the country, and ends up not being decided for over a month due to a recount and legal issues involved several hundred ballots
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2022, 12:49:58 PM »

Yeah this probably isn't happening 🤣
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2022, 01:28:48 AM »

Just wait, the LePage mules will deliver!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies