Why didn't Kerry-Edwards attack Bush on flying Osama's family out of U.S. on 9/13/2001?

<< < (2/2)

Schiff for Senate:
Quote from: Suburbia on December 10, 2022, 04:40:13 PM

Quote from: CentristRepublican on December 10, 2022, 04:34:39 PM

I think it might have backfired and made Kerry seem more petty, overly negative, and desperate to win.

Yea, but Bush looked petty with the Swift Boat Veterans who smeared Kerry's military service.....Kerry should have done the same, not take the high road....

It could have flipped OH or FL.....

Wasn't the organisation not directly tried to Bush? So he had plausible deniability?

Suburbia:
Quote from: CentristRepublican on December 10, 2022, 04:42:14 PM

I think it might have backfired and made Kerry seem more petty, overly negative, and desperate to win.

Yea, but Bush looked petty with the Swift Boat Veterans who smeared Kerry's military service.....Kerry should have done the same, not take the high road....

Wasn't the organisation not directly tried to Bush? So he had plausible deniability?

I think it was a Rove theory......Kerry should have fought back against Bush and hard, but 2004 was a poisoned chalice anyway...Kerry would have probably lost to McCain or Romney in 2008....

One Term Floridian:
Quote from: Suburbia on December 10, 2022, 04:44:37 PM

Quote from: CentristRepublican on December 10, 2022, 04:42:14 PM

I think it was a Rove theory......Kerry should have fought back against Bush and hard, but 2004 was a poisoned chalice anyway...Kerry would have probably lost to McCain or Romney in 2008....

2004 was almost certainly a poisoned chalice, but W was definitely beatable in 2004 had Kerry responded more to the negative advertising and possibly picked a more effective running mate like Wesley Clark who perhaps could have been a good attack dog

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page