Biden: We're not returning to lockdowns or closing schools
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:24:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden: We're not returning to lockdowns or closing schools
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biden: We're not returning to lockdowns or closing schools  (Read 826 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 06:28:17 PM »

I wonder what effect banning 50% of blacks from gyms, ostensibly for their health, will have?  Especially in the dead of winter, when its impossible to get exercise outside?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 06:29:00 PM »

I wonder how the black owned businesses on the south and west side are dealing with 50% of their clientele being barred entry.
Then maybe people should stop trusting Joe Rogan, Alex Jones and those stupid f[inks]ING Boomer memes on Facebook. Those are literally the only arguments against being vaccinated.

Damn, your responses are just getting dumber and dumber.  The small businesses should do that?  What are you even responding to?

I'm sure most black people are getting their information from Joe Rogan and Alex Jones, sure.  In the meantime, you agree that there is a lockdown, but its okay because its a lockdown of the undesireables.
Not really because a lockdown isn't really the case if it's voluntary. Everyone "locked down" now is because they CHOOSE to not be vaccinated.

Why not just throw them in jail? They CHOSE not to be vaccinated, after all.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2022, 06:29:22 PM »

50% of Black Chicagoans are currently barred from all gyms, restuarants, and entertainment venues.

I wonder if they feel locked down.
Who cares? They chose to not get vaccinated. Restrictions that affect vaccinated people are the only had ones. Unvaccinated people are just pure complete total MORONS.
Dude, at least try to be funny when you're being racist.
It has nothing to do with race. No one is being banned from such places because of race but because of vaccinated status.

So instead of using even half a brain cell to consider pre-existing conditions, legitimate distrust of the government, differing sources of information between racial communities, different levels of access to health resources, etc. that might cause for understandably different vaccination rates between racial groups, you instead choose to say that doesn't matter, and in effect, blacks are much more likely to be complete morons than whites?
I mean yeah there is other sources of misinformation across communities, but a lot just spreads things that originate from people like those two. John Oliver covered this:

But what legitimate reason to not get vaccinated exists? I've only heard this conspiracy junk and those stupid f[inks]ING Boomer memes.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2022, 08:02:02 PM »

I appreciate the sentiment, but I would appreciate it even more if Joe could tell that to my university.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2022, 08:08:23 PM »

I wonder what effect banning 50% of blacks from gyms, ostensibly for their health, will have?  Especially in the dead of winter, when its impossible to get exercise outside?

They should probably have vaccines available at the gym for people concerned about their health enough to want to work out there.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2022, 08:10:30 PM »

When Biden's more based than the UK Prime Minister

England ends Covid restrictions including mask wearing next week, will live with it. This was literally in the news today.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 02:17:25 AM »

50% of Black Chicagoans are currently barred from all gyms, restuarants, and entertainment venues.

Yawn. You and Santander can save your faux-outrage for another day. Not buying it.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 01:00:51 PM »

Yawn. You and Santander can save your faux-outrage for another day. Not buying it.

So when the criminal justice system has racially-disproportionate outcomes, that is white supremacy, but when public health measures do, that's just because black people are morons?

I don't apologize for not getting in line with upper-middle class liberal whites who want to virtue signal about what good people they are by imposing tyranny on others.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 03:57:16 PM »

I wonder how the black owned businesses on the south and west side are dealing with 50% of their clientele being barred entry.

In my experience they just ignore it.  New Orleans has an indoor vaccine mandate (and a returned mask mandate, ugh) but it's pretty much only enforced by businesses that cater to a mostly (rich) White, local clientele.  Most businesses that cater to the Black community or the tourist traps on Bourbon Street don't bother.   

I'm ready for Louisiana to elect a Republican governor next year so we can end this nonsense. 
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 07:29:36 PM »

That's probably because Boris is in trouble and wants to shore up his backbenchers.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2022, 09:06:55 PM »

In my experience they just ignore it.  New Orleans has an indoor vaccine mandate (and a returned mask mandate, ugh) but it's pretty much only enforced by businesses that cater to a mostly (rich) White, local clientele.  Most businesses that cater to the Black community or the tourist traps on Bourbon Street don't bother.   

I'm ready for Louisiana to elect a Republican governor next year so we can end this nonsense. 
JBE is term-limited in 2023, so I'd say R's have a 99% chance of taking back the governorship that year
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies