Map if race is Biden vs DeSantis w/ Trump running as an independent (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:08:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Map if race is Biden vs DeSantis w/ Trump running as an independent (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Map if race is Biden vs DeSantis w/ Trump running as an independent  (Read 1694 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: November 18, 2022, 03:19:34 PM »

When does Trump enter as an independent? If it's after the primaries end, then he's on the ballot in the same states as McMullin and Kanye, and a performance worse than Johnson's is possible purely because most of the country won't be able to vote for him (unlike Johnson, who was on the ballot in 50 states). Also he'd have primary loser-stink on him.

I have no idea how a Trump third-party-from-the-get-go campaign might go, but I think that scenario is much more high-variance, with 10% being perfectly plausible and IMO even something like 20% not off the table. I think this scenario might end up helping GOP congressional candidates, actually, but of course the Presidency would be Safe D. (PV would be safe D>40%, though, and I suspect DeSantis+Trump would be safe >50% if running against each other and hogging the limelight. But overall Biden would win by double-digits).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies