Do you want to be President of the United States?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:45:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you want to be President of the United States?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Do you want to be President of the United States?  (Read 2475 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2022, 01:36:42 AM »

Fetterman my beloved
HoosierDemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2022, 08:19:16 AM »

Definitely not. While it is definitely a tempting offer, just having to deal with the constant stress of the job is enough for me to nope out of that one. A congressman or senator would probably be a better fit for me, maybe a governor if I ever wanna have a job in an executive position.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2022, 09:40:25 AM »

This is a question in which I have a really tough time figuring out whether I should say yes or no.
On the one hand, I have quite a few reasons for saying no, I don't want to be President.
Do I want to be commander-in-chief of the armed forces? No.
Do I want to navigate the tricky and arduous path of establishing the best possible relationship with other nations, including ones that could potentially be hostile to the U.S.? No.
I believe in having balanced budgets - or even budget surpluses - but do I think I can successfully design budgets like those, in order to propose them to Congress, and then twist enough arms that my budget proposal gets through? No.
Do I want to be in a position in which I will have to decide whether to sign into law, or to veto, a bill that reforms health care? No.
This list could go on and on.
But, on the other hand, do I want to appoint a Supreme Court Justice or two? Or three or four? Do I want to establish a precedent for future presidents about what is the best way to choose who should be appointed to the Supreme Court? Yes, I certainly do want to do that. I want that so badly I can taste it! I want that so badly that I feel like screaming from a mountaintop "Yes! Please! Give me that power!"
So do several "no" answers outweigh one very strong "yes" answer? Which weighs more? I can't figure that out.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2022, 08:09:40 PM »

So your solution to the North Korean regime committing atrocities against the North Korean people is to... simply murder millions of North Koreans?

That makes absolutely no sense
CentristRepublican is very young which is why he might have some rather… stupid solutions to problems. No slight to him, I was the same way when I was his age.

Citation?
Although I admit my comment was only half-serious and hyperbolic, and I realize that it does sound extreme. Obviously I know quite little on North Korea / foreign affairs. So if I did become president, now that I think about it, I'd probably be more sensible and consult with foreign policy experts / military experts on what we should do against North Korea first, and then do something (if not a bombing, which I realize in retrospect was tongue-in-cheeck, then maybe a very well planned assassination, though I know it would violate international law).
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2022, 09:47:41 PM »

Lack of sleep, coupled with irate members of the media, and treacherous adversaries running among us, I'll pass.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2022, 09:51:40 PM »

If I knew I'd have a Democratic Congress (and a friendly one at that) for at least most of my time in office, that might make me go from HARD F no to simply f no.

The stress, the millions of people instantly hating you, the total loss of privacy, the inevitable backbiting of the highest level... I just can't do that. Some people may be made for it, but not me!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2022, 10:22:25 PM »

No, although I've had many people in my life claim that I'm destined to become President, or to sit on the bench, or to become a powerful political figure. I don't envision myself becoming any of those things.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2022, 12:26:24 PM »

No, although I've had many people in my life claim that I'm destined to become President, or to sit on the bench, or to become a powerful political figure. I don't envision myself becoming any of those things.

There's an old saying that those who desire political power should be disqualified from holding it, so you may be a good choice.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2022, 03:23:44 PM »

This thread:

Image Link
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2022, 03:41:38 PM »

I made this decision when I was about 7 years old. No.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2022, 05:51:47 PM »

I don't want to be President.  I would consider becoming benevolent Dictator of the World, but it would depend on the compensation and benefit package.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2022, 01:28:55 AM »

Hell no.

Also, I'm the 69th vote. Nice.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2022, 03:07:05 AM »

I'd love to do it. It would be difficult, yes, but seeing my visions being played out and to be permanently etched into history textbooks would be nice.

Whether or not I should be allowed to do isn't up to me.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2022, 08:06:01 AM »

Yes, so the US can finally have their "Secretly foreign" president that they were promised with Obama but never delivered upon by being actually born in Hawaii.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2022, 09:07:09 PM »

The people answering "yes" to this poll should be institutionalized.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2022, 10:27:29 PM »

Absolutely not, with my history of anxiety issues I'd probably lock myself in the White House bathroom the moment any serious blowback arose from my policy proposals. I'm not even ashamed to admit it, you really need to have nerves of steel to handle a job/civic position like that, and I most certainly don't possess such an aptitude.

I'm a type B personality and generally from what I've read we're more suited to 'creative' careers/endeavors like writing/journalism, counseling/therapists, acting, teaching subjects we're interested in, etc.
Fetterman my beloved
HoosierDemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2022, 04:35:44 PM »

I subscribe to Bill Hicks' quote on who should be President.

I ascribe to Mark Twain's theory that the last person who should be President is the one who wants it the most. The one who should be picked is the one who should be dragged kicking and screaming into the White House.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies