Meet The Press: Cardin vs. Steele
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:26:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Meet The Press: Cardin vs. Steele
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Meet The Press: Cardin vs. Steele  (Read 2172 times)
Mike in Maryland
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 01:10:10 PM »

I didn't watch the debate, but it sounds like it went as I expected.  Cardin seems wonkish but with better and more popular answers.  He didn't win on style, but that's to be expected.  (If I have to read one more article comparing Boring Ben to Charismatic Michael I'm gonna puke.)

Some of Steele's answers were a bit bizarre, I think; abortion is not a Senate issue but the exact location of Metro stops is?  Maybe he should be running for Prince George's County executive instead.  I don't think too many people changed their minds because of the debate; most who make it a point to watch MTP probably have their minds made up.  The Washington Post is now painting the debate as a negative for Steele, showing him as out of his depth.

And about the Kilgore/Cardin comparison, Cardin is running substantially better in polls now than Kilgore was at this point in the VA campaign last year.  That doesn't mean he's assured of winning, but he has a much better chance than Kilgore did one week out.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies