Axios: trump privately describing desantis as an "ingrate" with a dull personality
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:46:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Axios: trump privately describing desantis as an "ingrate" with a dull personality
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Axios: trump privately describing desantis as an "ingrate" with a dull personality  (Read 1217 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2022, 11:55:54 AM »

CRT didn't even exist as an issue until Trump was out of office
So basically Trump was extremely incompetent that he let it become an issue on his watch

Huh? Literally what are you talking about? 'Let it become an issue'? It's an academic concept, how does he prevent that from becoming an issue?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2022, 01:39:04 PM »

I actually think the chance of DeSantis running regardless of what Trump does to be quite high.

And I think the biggest wild card of the 2024 Republican primary will be how Trump campaigns. Trump is remarkably limited in his ability to speak out on social media which I think is a very underrated factor both in the feud over vaccines you're seeing in right-wing media, and also an underrated part of why the Democrats look weak now (the common enemy isn't as easy to find and read about every minute).

Obviously this could change if he runs again but a Twitter-less Trump campaign could very much mean the "spark" of Trump campaigning is dimmed. I also think it's very probable that come 2024 Trump will be showing his age a lot more which could be a contrast to DeSantis.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 04:48:55 PM »

This shows Trump is scared of DeSantis and it will be glorious to see the reaction of Trump supporters when DeSantis ends up defeating Trump

This is an insane prediction, and I think you are in complete denial about the state of the GOP.

DeSantis actually has delivered on the cultural issues such as CRT , taking on big tech etc while all Trump did was whine but actually did nothing on them

CRT didn't even exist as an issue until Trump was out of office

Trump banned it in federal level trainings in September 2020.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 12:33:13 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2022, 12:42:08 PM by Anaphylactic-Statism »

Obviously this could change if he runs again but a Twitter-less Trump campaign could very much mean the "spark" of Trump campaigning is dimmed. I also think it's very probable that come 2024 Trump will be showing his age a lot more which could be a contrast to DeSantis.

Very much so. You hear a lot about recapturing the "2016 energy" from online Trump fans nowadays. He couldn't really go back to MAGA now that he has a bad track record- NATO is still around, NAFTA was just replaced by NAFTA 2.0, there's no wall, Hillary wasn't locked up, "the swamp" wasn't drained, and the China bogeyman gave liberal internationalism a shot in the arm. That said, he still has enough of a devoted base to beat DeSantis, but a divided GOP just takes them back to their early 2010s wilderness again. A Trumpist-Tea Party schism would be something to see.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies