Post 1992 Election Controversy over the Economy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:48:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Post 1992 Election Controversy over the Economy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post 1992 Election Controversy over the Economy  (Read 202 times)
WPADEM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2022, 11:17:36 AM »

I believe that after the 1992 Election in which Bill Clinton defeated Bush there was a controversy after the election.  That controversy I believe was that there was a GDP report that indicated that the economy had grown in the 3rd Quarter of 1992 while Clinton campaigned on the economy being poor.

This is something that I've heard about off and on through the years, many Republicans claiming that had this report come out sooner, Bush would have defeated Clinton.

Does anyone have any knowledge or memory of this.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 09:32:46 PM »

I think by the time Bubba took over from Poppy, the economy was beginning to come back a little ... certainly by 1995 it was doing quite well, and then by 1997, it was entering a huge boom.... the late 90s expanded economic opportunities... no politician deserves credit for this really, it was all in the great advancements being made, with the Internet and computers pushing the economy wider and wider so more people can get it on it.  It did not last long and by late 2000 it was probably already winding down.

The best time to make money in America if you were a middle class person (not top 1%, that would probably be COVID) is maybe the summer of 1998 or 1999.  Massive fortunes were made and a lot of those formerly middle class people are now in the rich.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies