State of the Union to be held on Mar. 1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  State of the Union to be held on Mar. 1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State of the Union to be held on Mar. 1  (Read 590 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: January 14, 2022, 08:35:21 PM »

I fully expect for this address to resemble the one Biden gave last year. All members of Congress, and all others in attendance, will be masked and distanced. It will be a dystopian picture, and a reminder that we still haven't gotten out of the pandemic situation.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 08:50:00 PM »

I fully expect for this address to resemble the one Biden gave last year. All members of Congress, and all others in attendance, will be masked and distanced. It will be a dystopian picture, and a reminder that we still haven't gotten out of the pandemic situation.

Dystopia is when mask

I didn't like the sight when I saw it last year. I will just never get used to seeing masks.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 07:41:49 AM »

I think the reason for the relative lateness is to avoid that.

I think it's still going to happen.

There's far more to our dystopia (and I agree we are in one) than just one pandemic and masks.

Of course. But the sight of masks is a demoralizing and disheartening one to me.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 11:33:12 AM »

Dystopia is when mask

It is a dystopian picture. The sight would be stunning to anyone before the pandemic started, including you.

Anyway, what achievements does Biden really have to tout? His first year has been a disappointment, even if you are one of his foremost supporters or don't regret your vote for him.
Maybe his plan to send everyone N95s and place a renewed emphasis on masking is his main achievement so far.

I'm not sure about this. Probably the most substantive policy accomplishment of this administration was the bipartisan infrastructure bill, and that has already been forgotten by the majority of the electorate and by the media. And Biden "placing a renewed emphasis on masking" isn't going to win over those who are tiring of restrictions, who are opposed to mask mandates, or who have moved on. That comprises an increasingly larger section of the electorate.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 11:29:48 AM »

Anyway, what achievements does Biden really have to tout? His first year has been a disappointment, even if you are one of his foremost supporters or don't regret your vote for him.

Suddenly the America Rescue and infrastructure bill (much larger than Obama's stimulus) aren't achievements anymore?

Vaccines available to every American not explicitly refusing Ending the war in Afghanistan? He did in his first year the few good things Trump wanted to do but was too incompetent to get done.

The war in Afghanistan was ended, but Americans disapproved of how it was ended. And the more ambitious elements of Biden's agenda-such as BBB, voting rights, etc.-have failed or are facing significant obstacles.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies