SR 107-04: Anti-Filibuster Senate Rules Change (Rejected) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:38:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 107-04: Anti-Filibuster Senate Rules Change (Rejected) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 107-04: Anti-Filibuster Senate Rules Change (Rejected)  (Read 3557 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: January 15, 2022, 09:49:09 AM »

Question: If a motion for a final vote is made before an amendment is proposed after enough time has elapsed for a final vote to be motioned for, can a vote on cloture be opened, assuming that the Senator(s) supporting the amendment oppose a final vote?

Or will all amendments be voted on before a final vote motion is recognized for objection and/or cloture is voted on?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 03:38:48 PM »

Question: If a motion for a final vote is made before an amendment is proposed after enough time has elapsed for a final vote to be motioned for, can a vote on cloture be opened, assuming that the Senator(s) supporting the amendment oppose a final vote?

Or will all amendments be voted on before a final vote motion is recognized for objection and/or cloture is voted on?

If anyone can answer this question it would be greatly appreciated. The answer to these two questions will inform my stance on the amendment and the proposal as a whole.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 05:54:52 AM »

I agree with Sestak's and Cao's comments. I don't mind waiting on a final vote as long as it does happen eventually.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:07:32 AM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 05:42:45 PM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 02:25:05 PM »

I object.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 02:42:25 PM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 07:55:58 PM »

Leftists won't be satisfied until Atlasia is a authoritarian, uniparty state under the iron fist of the duly-elected "President" whoever the party deems him or her to be at any given time.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 08:07:56 PM »

Leftists won't be satisfied until Atlasia is a authoritarian, uniparty state under the iron fist of the duly-elected "President" whoever the party deems him or her to be at any given time.

Oh my god, it's clear you can't take a joke. Besides while Labor's claims of fraud are clearly a meme. You all welcomed Dabbing Santa of the far-right Patriot Party into the centre-right coalition (I don't even know if I can call you all centre-right anymore, but we'll go with it). Dabbing Santa claimed that the June election was rigged, partly because his own vote was invalidated due to his own stupidity of not knowing the rules. Also no RL consequences have yet come of Labor's memeing, meanwhile during LT's election-night charade, he doxxed someone. Let there be no question, that the centre-left bloc remains committed to the values of liberal democracy, social liberalism, and economic freedom in this great nation. It is frankly odd to see the right gatekeeping about this, while LT has refused to as much as issue an apology for the fact that he doxxed someone. Please stop with this obnoxious both-sidesism. It makes you, your party, and frankly your entire coalition look pathetic.

The right doesn't care about what you have to say. No one right of center is asking for advice and LT never doxxed anyone.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 03:38:17 PM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies