SR 107-04: Anti-Filibuster Senate Rules Change (Rejected) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:33:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 107-04: Anti-Filibuster Senate Rules Change (Rejected) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 107-04: Anti-Filibuster Senate Rules Change (Rejected)  (Read 3529 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: January 14, 2022, 08:13:07 PM »

Let's be real, the President can espouse what he wants to, but the need for this rules change is only being brought up because people are daring to seek to protect our children and oppose his darling AWB repeal. If that wasn't happening, this would not be on the floor right now.

I agree with Senator Pericles.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 08:58:26 PM »

I honestly don't know much about the senate rules in Atlasia, and President Scott's rule seemed fair as portrayed by him and WD. Pericles's comment and subsequent replies, however, have conflicted me. If this is indeed politically motivated (and particularly if it is to support the AWB repeal) then I will oppose it. Honestly, though, I believe Scott inthat this isn't politically motivated. Still, I desperately want the AWB repeal to fail, and if the passage of this rule would undermine this effort, I'd oppose this rule even though I support it in theory, since killing the AWB repeal once and for all is more important.

Indeed it would, in the event the AWB repeal is still being debated when this passes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies