Which of WashPo's sleeper Democratic tickets would you vote for in 2024?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:03:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which of WashPo's sleeper Democratic tickets would you vote for in 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these tickets do you like, or do you think is most likely to win the GE?
Biden-Dick Cheney

Biden-Mary Trump

Deval Patrick

Biden-Hogan/Baker/PhilScott

Eric Adams

John Edwards AND OR John Bel Edwards

Michelle Obama/Barack Obama

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Which of WashPo's sleeper Democratic tickets would you vote for in 2024?  (Read 892 times)
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2022, 06:11:36 PM »

There's been a lot of dumb rumors lately, so Washington Post's The Fix has a funny article making fun of the Biden-Liz Cheney idea (by pointing out she basically opposes almost everything he supports), and provides their own bunch:

Biden-Cheney (the Other One) 2024: Former vice president Richard B. Cheney’s decision to appear at the Capitol for Jan. 6 ceremonies last week and to directly criticize former president Donald Trump and GOP leadership is surely a sign that he wants back in the game. Yes, he’s 80 and has had significant health problems and seems to have passed the torch to the next generation of Cheneys. But Democrats gave a remarkably warm welcome to the architect of the Iraq War! He knows the job, which is invaluable. And vice presidents aren’t term-limited, meaning he could be the first to serve more than two terms. History awaits.

Biden-Trump (the Other One) 2024: Mary L. Trump, the former president’s niece, has become one of his biggest-name critics, and she was an anonymous source for some of the most hard-hitting stories about Donald Trump’s tax schemes, before going public. She has since declined to rule out running for office. With Uncle Trump cuing up a potential 2024 run, what better way to fight back than by putting his own family member on your ticket? Maybe some Republicans would even be confused and vote for the wrong Trump.

Deval Patrick 2024: Just think about it: What if the guy who lots of establishment Democrats like, who many Obama loyalists wanted to run before, were to finally give it a go? What’s that? He actually ran in 2020 and couldn’t even make the debates? Oh, yeah.

Biden-Hogan/Baker/Scott 2024: This one makes a little more sense than Liz Cheney, in that Republican Govs. Larry Hogan (Md.), Charlie Baker (Mass.) and Phil Scott (Vt.) are very popular, actually moderate Republicans. In fact, they’ve routinely been among the most popular governors nationwide. And what’s diversity on a Democratic ticket, anyway?

Eric Adams 2024: At the very least, it, as the first couple of weeks of Adams’s New York mayoralty have shown us, would be fun.

John Edwards (Either One) 2024: It’s hard to go wrong here. You’ve got the once-fast-rising-Democratic star and former VP candidate who succumbed to a sex scandal (is that even really a disqualifier these days?) and beat related criminal charges, saying, “I don’t think God is through with me.” You’ve also got the moderate governor of Louisiana — he sandwiches a “Bel” in between his first and last names — who is the first Democrat to win two consecutive gubernatorial terms in the state since the 1970s. Maybe it could even be a joint ticket. What better way to try to appeal to the South?

Obama-Obama 2024: If you want to turn back the clock to actually successful national political families, why not go for the gold? Michelle Obama has long been one of the most popular political figures in the country (never mind that she has repeatedly said no way to running for office), and there is some open question as to whether her husband could be vice president, despite serving two terms as president.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 05:55:15 AM »

Michelle is truly a dark horse.  The problem is the horse won't leave the barn and get in the race.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 09:22:17 AM »

I would only consider voting for JBE out of those listed.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 10:40:09 AM »

Sure, why not:
1. Biden/P. Scott
2. Jbe!
3. Obama/Obama

Ugh, fine:
4. Biden/Baker
5. Biden/Hogan
6. Adams
7. Patrick

Ew, why:
8. Biden/Trump
9. Ewards
10. Biden/Cheney
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 11:18:33 PM »

Based Eric Adams owns the Forever Pandemic libs.

Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 12:40:32 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2022, 01:00:38 AM by Everyone Needs Jesus Christ »

Likely:

John Bel Edwards is my favorite Democratic governor

Eric Adams depending on his job as mayor He seems to be a good mayor so far, but it's going to take years to clean up the mess DeBlasio created.

Possibly:
I feel like I'd be more likely to vote for a Biden-Hogan ticket in 2020 than now considering that Biden has almost fell through the floor of my lowest expectations.

John Edwards (Original): He undoubtedly did a horrible thing but he did pubilcally apologize for it and he wasn't a bad politican. It would depend on whether or not I felt like he was truly sorry and who he'd be running against but I don't think he'd survive a primary let alone a general.

Probably not:
If Scott and Baker were the nominees I'd consider voting for them, but probably not if they were on the Democratic ticket.

Deval Patrick: He wasn't a bad governor but that doesn't mean I'd support him.

I dislike Michelle more than Barack. 2016 taught us that the spouse of a former president doesn't guarantee a win and I don't know enough about Michelle, but from what I can tell it will seem like a Hillary 2.0 type of scenario.

Almost definitely not:
Biden-Mary Trump: Virginia taught us that running on "Orange Man bad" isn't enough to win a general election and Virginia is to the left of the country.

Definitely not:
Biden-Dick Cheney: The only thing I'd support Dick Cheney running for was prison for war crimes.

Barack Obama since he is not eligible to run for office, as he already served

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 12:53:18 AM »

Out of these, Obama/Obama would be strongest.  I’d probably vote for any of them over the Republican, but Cheney for Veep again would not be pleasant.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 06:07:02 PM »

Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 11:47:02 PM »

I am a John Edwards or bust voter
Klobmentum Mutilated Herself
Phlorescent Leech

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -8.35

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2022, 12:30:39 AM »

The Meteor.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 01:15:21 AM »

The undead Gravelanche.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 01:35:03 AM »

What the hell is it with prestigious news outlets resorting to this sort of tabloid and Chris Cillizza-level nonsense? Nah actually this is closer to Dick Morris than Chris Cillizza.

Any of these tickets would be embarrassing if proposed on some random clickbait site, much less the Washington Post.

OK I read the article and this is very blatantly not meant to be taken remotely seriously, although it's still embarrassing "journalism." Regardless this poll is still the equivalent of taking an Onion article seriously.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 06:07:35 AM »

Against the current iteration of the GQP, I'd vote for any of them, but I don't actually LIKE any of those options very much. I find Michelle Obama horribly overrated and I think it is for good reason that she is not interested. Deval Patrick is fine, probably my pick from this list. The remaining options are pretty bad.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 07:41:31 AM »

Maybe John Edwards but that's it
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 07:56:31 AM »

I would much rather eat glass than vote for any of these tickets
SInNYC

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 10:31:51 AM »

One word - uggh.
Well, Michelle isnt an uggh and I'd have to know more about her, but she has shown absolutely no interest in politics and Barack as veep is legally  questionable.

The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 10:50:25 AM »

I mean, this article isn't really meant to be taken seriously, but Eric Adams would actually be interesting. Former police officer (but black, I don't think a white cop would even have a chance as a Dem), detached from the national political scene, moderate (but not rich establishment moderate, but a "common-sense working class" moderate). It would be an interesting background to have, and possibly a winning one against the GOP. I just don't think he could win a primary, as he wouldn't have establishment backing, nor be the post-Bernie candidate of the left.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 12:14:51 PM »

OK I read the article and this is very blatantly not meant to be taken remotely seriously, although it's still embarrassing "journalism." Regardless this poll is still the equivalent of taking an Onion article seriously.

It’s a joke hypothetical article because the machine demands content for impressions
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 12:44:41 PM »

President Eric Adams would certainly be the most entertaining
AltWorlder

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 01:37:11 PM »

I've always wondered how Edwards' "populism" (which was met with skepticism in 2008 and probably even 2004) would stack up in the age of Sanders or even just Warren.
EJ24
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 08:50:15 PM »

Eazy-E (Eric Adams).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies